PDA

View Full Version : Wasting a Historic Opportunity This Season

AirforceTrojan
09-16-2012, 06:16 PM
After last night's game, I am fully on board with firing Jeremy Rowell. Our offense dominated the line of scrimmage against a quality SEC opponent, but our defense has kept us from being 3-0 and likely ranked with whispers of "BCS Buster" stirring in the air. Yes, I know about the turnovers. Good football teams turn the ball over, but with our defense, you might as well chalk up six points following a turnover. A good defense can keep the other team out of the end zone after a turnover or when it's 4th and 5 with the game on the line.

It's clear we have the talent to be a really special football team, but the defensive coaching is holding us back. Because of that, we're likely another 7-5 team this year. Most people will say, "Well, that's a big improvement from last year" and Rowell will get another pass. If you're paying attention, you know this team has the talent to win every game they play. Too bad they don't have the coaching.

I'm sorry to throw a negative post out here. Just like most of you, I felt last last night at The Vet was something really special. With that said, I can't shake the empty feeling of knowing we should have left the stadium with a historic victory against a team that is not better than us.

Chasin170
09-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Personal fouls and ball security (lack thereof) gets the lion's share of blame from me.

Hopefully we clean both up

newnan trojan
09-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I am no JR fan but last night I saw a much better defense out there. The offense and special teams in the first half are to blame. Take the turnovers out and MSU would have only 17 points! And u would have saw a trojan win

Lego
09-16-2012, 06:55 PM
After last night's game, I am fully on board with firing Jeremy Rowell. Our offense dominated the line of scrimmage against a quality SEC opponent, but our defense has kept us from being 3-0 and likely ranked with whispers of "BCS Buster" stirring in the air. Yes, I know about the turnovers. Good football teams turn the ball over, but with our defense, you might as well chalk up six points following a turnover. A good defense can keep the other team out of the end zone after a turnover or when it's 4th and 5 with the game on the line.

It's clear we have the talent to be a really special football team, but the defensive coaching is holding us back. Because of that, we're likely another 7-5 team this year. Most people will say, "Well, that's a big improvement from last year" and Rowell will get another pass. If you're paying attention, you know this team has the talent to win every game they play. Too bad they don't have the coaching.

I'm sorry to throw a negative post out here. Just like most of you, I felt last last night at The Vet was something really special. With that said, I can't shake the empty feeling of knowing we should have left the stadium with a historic victory against a team that is not better than us.

Airforce Trojan, Rowell is the 2nd coming to most on the board. Man you better retract your post. Trouble is coming.

MonsterDawg
09-16-2012, 06:59 PM
I am no JR fan but last night I saw a much better defense out there. The offense and special teams in the first half are to blame. Take the turnovers out and MSU would have only 17 points! And u would have saw a trojan win

Much better defense? If Miss St hadn't dropped about 5 passes with a wide open receiver the score would most likely have been 52-24. Miss St tried their best to give us the game.

also, if Corey wouldn't make such poor decisions like throwing to the DB's and/or telegraph his passes, which helped the Db's make those interceptions, then Troy could have put up 34 to 37 points.

Troy87
09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Airforce Trojan, Rowell is the 2nd coming to most on the board. Man you better retract your post. Trouble is coming.

Personally, I saw some issues with the Defense last night, and have seen issues over the last several years, but not as catastrophic as all the JR haters on here have claimed to have seen. My problem is how the Offense has more and more frequently, over the last two years, been putting the Defense in horrible positions and making them pick up the Offense's slack and cover their mistakes.

Last night was no exception....horrible mistakes and poor execution, and complete lack of ball control that force the Defense on the field more than they should. The second half last night is the complete opposite of what we saw all of last year. Balll control keeps the offense on the field wearing out the opposing Defense and keeping our Defense off the field and fresher. Their Defense in the 2nd half was as worn out as our Defense was in the 1st half. The only difference was if the Offense and Special Teams had not made the mistakes they made, we would have had the ball control in the 1st half, and we would not have been in a deep hole, playing our way back into contention, only to fall short.

MonsterDawg
09-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Personally, I saw some issues with the Defense last night, and have seen issues over the last several years, but not as catastrophic as all the JR haters on here have claimed to have seen. My problem is how the Offense has more and more frequently, over the last two years, been putting the Defense in horrible positions and making them pick up the Offense's slack and cover their mistakes.

Last night was no exception....horrible mistakes and poor execution, and complete lack of ball control that force the Defense on the field more than they should. The second half last night is the complete opposite of what we saw all of last year. Balll control keeps the offense on the field wearing out the opposing Defense and keeping our Defense off the field and fresher. Their Defense in the 2nd half was as worn out as our Defense was in the 1st half. The only difference was if the Offense and Special Teams had not made the mistakes they made, we would have had the ball control in the 1st half, and we would not have been in a deep hole, playing our way back into contention, only to fall short.

How is the defense on the field too much?

Time of possession: Troy: 31:06. Miss St: 28:29

Rushing attempts: Troy: 40 Miss St: 35

Passing: Troy: 34-47 Miss St: 11-26

Also, if they could make stops, such as stopping anyone on 4th down, then Troy would have even more time of position.

I agree the turnovers hurt, but I don't think CR is getting the job done anyway. The record I significant for a QB is winning record and since last year he has posted a 4-11 record...

Hemi Man
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM

I don't understand giving a pass to the offense, and calling out the defense for mistakes in the same breath. The loss falls squarely on the shoulders of the team.

Hemi Man
09-16-2012, 07:36 PM

You are only as good as your word. Be a man of your word Lego!

Troy87
09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
How is the defense on the field too much?

Time of possession: Troy: 31:06. Miss St: 28:29

Rushing attempts: Troy: 40 Miss St: 35

Passing: Troy: 34-47 Miss St: 11-26

Also, if they could make stops, such as stopping anyone on 4th down, then Troy would have even more time of position.

I agree the turnovers hurt, but I don't think CR is getting the job done anyway. The record I significant for a QB is winning record and since last year he has posted a 4-11 record...

Unfortunately ToP is not as black and white and it initially appears.

Troy ToP
1st Qtr. - 7:06 = 47.3%
2nd Qtr. - 11:33 = 77%
3rd Qtr. - 7:36 = 50.1%
4th Qtr. - 4:51 = 32.3%

Now let's look at the offensive drives themselves.

TROY 1st T30 13:31 Punt T27 11:51 Punt 3--3 1:40
TROY 1st T19 09:49 Kickoff M00 06:05 * TOUCHDOWN 10-81 3:44
TROY 1st T43 00:00 Punt T40 03:57 Fumble 0--3 0:00
TROY 1st T15 01:26 Kickoff M28 13:26 Fumble 9-57 3:00
TROY 2nd T10 12:57 Kickoff M42 09:52 Interception 10-48 3:05
TROY 2nd T12 07:08 Punt T37 04:58 Interception 6-25 2:10
TROY 2nd T17 04:45 Kickoff M09 00:12 Missed FG 15-74 4:33
TROY 3rd T41 14:53 Kickoff T43 13:40 Punt 3-2 1:13
TROY 3rd T20 08:55 Punt M00 04:17 * TOUCHDOWN 13-80 4:38
TROY 3rd T10 02:37 Punt T34 00:59 Punt 6-24 1:38
TROY 4th T09 14:38 Punt M00 12:40 * TOUCHDOWN 6-91 1:58
TROY 4th T27 06:53 Kickoff M23 04:07 * FIELD GOAL 8-50 2:46

MS 1st M25 15:00 Kickoff M27 13:31 Punt 3-2 1:29
MS 1st M49 11:51 Punt T20 09:57 * FIELD GOAL 5-31 1:54
MS 1st M07 05:59 Kickoff M08 03:57 Punt 3-1 2:02
MS 1st T40 03:57 Fumble T00 01:34 * TOUCHDOWN 5-40 2:23
MS 2nd M28 13:26 Fumble T00 13:03 * TOUCHDOWN 2-72 0:23
MS 2nd M08 09:52 Interception M40 07:08 Punt 8-32 2:44
MS 2nd M42 04:58 Interception T00 04:50 * TOUCHDOWN 1-58 0:08
MS 2nd M20 00:12 Missed FG M19 00:00 End of half 1--1 0:12
MS 3rd M17 13:40 Punt T39 08:55 Punt 7-44 4:45
MS 3rd M29 04:10 Kickoff T45 02:37 Punt 4-26 1:33
MS 3rd M28 00:59 Punt M45 14:38 Punt 4-17 1:21
MS 4th M26 12:32 Kickoff T00 07:00 * TOUCHDOWN 12-74 5:32
MS 4th M20 04:00 Kickoff T37 00:00 End of half 7-43 4:00

Now looking at those drives above, how many times did our Defense force Miss. St. to punt? Looks like 5.

How many times did Miss. St. force us to punt? 3......

BUT how many times did we not have to punt because our Offense and Special Teams turn the ball over to them? Looks like 5 straight drives....Fumble, Fumble, INT, INT, Missed FG.

After a while, as a Defensive player, I'd get frustrated doing my job stopping the other team only to have the Offense not do theirs, and turn the ball over to the other team.....especially the fumbled punt.

trojanbrutha
09-16-2012, 07:52 PM

You are correct, good teams turn the ball over. Let's pause and look at that for a second. TROY is a good team...they've turned the ball over, correct? So, what does that make Louisiana and MSU? They did not turn the ball over against TROY, yet they won...Does that make them good, exceptional, or world-beaters?

MonsterDawg
09-16-2012, 07:56 PM
The ToP in fourth was due to the sustained drives of Miss St. Remember they converted on 2 4th downs. Those should have been turnover on downs, but rather
concreted the win for them...

Trojan by Birth
09-16-2012, 08:07 PM

This.

Troy87
09-16-2012, 08:16 PM
The ToP in fourth was due to the sustained drives of Miss St. Remember they converted on 2 4th downs. Those should have been turnover on downs, but rather
concreted the win for them...

And one of those 4 downs is a disputed catch for TD which by most all accounts was not a TD catch.

Regardless, without the offensive and special teams mistakes and poor execution in the first half, we would have been the ones playing keep away in the 4th instead of catch-up.

MonsterDawg
09-16-2012, 08:20 PM
And one of those 4 downs is a disputed catch for TD which by most all accounts was not a TD catch.

Regardless, without the offensive and special teams mistakes and poor execution in the first half, we would have been the ones playing keep away in the 4th instead of catch-up.

If you are using the "if and buts" theory, how many passes did their receivers drop while WIDE open? They could have easily had 21 more points...
The mistakes typically balance in a game. 9 out of 10 times the better team wins ( players, coaching, schemes).
I think Troy had opportunities to win, but I also understand Miss St could have blown the game wide open too if it wasn't for their mistakes, not Troy's defense...

btw, Mullen said their D was out coached (meaning Troy OC), didn't say that about their O ( Troy DC)....

Troy87
09-16-2012, 08:38 PM
If you are using the "if and buts" theory, how many passes did their receivers drop while WIDE open? They could have easily had 21 more points...
The mistakes typically balance in a game. 9 out of 10 times the better team wins ( players, coaching, schemes).
I think Troy had opportunities to win, but I also understand Miss St could have blown the game wide open too if it wasn't for their mistakes, not Troy's defense...

btw, Mullen said their D was out coached (meaning Troy OC), didn't say that about their O ( Troy DC)....

And how many dropped passes did we have? I think that's a draw.

MonsterDawg
09-16-2012, 08:42 PM
And how many dropped passes did we have? I think that's a draw.

I was pointing out the flaw in your logic of controlling the 4q, not debating who had most dropped balls. but there is a difference between a Miss St receiver wide open on a post or fly and dropping a pass that would be 6 points vs a receiver dropping a dump or swing pass that would have gained 2 yds....

AirforceTrojan
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
My primary reason for calling out the defense over the offense is how each controls the line of scrimmage and executes plays at the skill positions. Our defensive line is rarely in the backfield to either pressure the QB or stop running plays for a loss. Our offensive line has dominated all three opponents we've played this year. All skill position players on offense get open, break tackles, throw good passes, etc. They do make too many mistakes, but they are really close to eliminating those errors. When they do, they'll be pretty much unstoppable against anyone else we play this year. On the other hand, the defensive "skill players", i.e. the defensive backs, can't cover anyone and look no better at all than they did last year.

Bottom line: our offense is fundamentally good...dominant in the trenches, speed on the edge and downfield, and two very capable QBs. Our defense is the complete opposite of that.

Lego
09-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Bottom line: our offense is fundamentally good...dominant in the trenches, speed on the edge and downfield, and two very capable QBs. Our defense is the complete opposite of that.

Take out all the fluff of this thread and the above it what it boils down to.

Only exception: I think the defense has potential, improved talent should/could overcome some of our management issues and improve this year.

goe1975
09-16-2012, 11:14 PM
If you are using the "if and buts" theory, how many passes did their receivers drop while WIDE open?

Seven

Hemi Man
09-17-2012, 04:06 AM
seven

8, 9, 10?

goe1975
09-17-2012, 07:45 AM
8, 9, 10?

Just going by what I read:

"Russell threw for 244 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. He completed just 11 of 26 passes, but Mullen counted seven dropped passes by receivers."

http://www.theeagle.com/article/20120916/BC02/120919632/1098/BC02

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 08:00 AM

"Russell threw for 244 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions. He completed just 11 of 26 passes, but Mullen counted seven dropped passes by receivers."

And at least 3 of those would or should have been touchdowns.

If LB had stepped up last year and brought in a legitimate DC, Troy would be 3-0, even with the turnovers and mistakes. KE did a better job with a game plan this week vs last week, but he needs to continue improving...

dgoebel
09-17-2012, 08:02 AM
The turnovers hurt. Chandler has really hurt us the last two weeks with 2 costly fumbles and Corey has to learn to throw it away instead of throwing it up for grabs with out a reciever in sight. Our OL is really good. They give CR time to throw and man handled the 14th ranked D in the country. What is killing us are several factors. 1) Turn Overs 2) Undisciplined mistakes...personal fouls, motion, blown coverage etc. 3) D still giving huge plays, no excuse for a 1 play 40 plus yd untouched drive for a TD. 4) DL is a huge problem, we get pushed backed and get absolutely no pressure on the QB 5) Linebackers aren't getting off of blocks and are to slow reacting on Read option 6) If we don't have the worst kick off return team in the country, I don't know who does. We caught one KO on the 10 and returned it to the 15??? Absolutely horrendous. 6) DB's are improved but with no pass rush and the opposing QB having enough time to read the paper, recievers get open. However, their were shades of last year with wide open recievers and no one covering them. 7) dropped passes and missing open recievers twice for TD's.

There was a lot of positives from Sat. 565 yds and 30 first downs, Southward 135 yds rushing, OL man handles them, D had some nice moments, huge crowd that made noise and was in the game from start to finish, and absolutely the best game day atmosphere I have ever seen at Troy. However, Miss St. dropped 2-3 possible TD passes in their hands with no one around. Evidently they aren't use to being open by 20 yds in the SEC, I don't know. That kept it close but we still had our chances to win the game. The D not coming through in the 4th on 4th down twice, one for a TD really hurt. We have a chance to go to a bowl and possibly still win the Sun Belt. We can't if we keep making the same mistakes, penalties, turn overs, and giving up big plays for scores. UNT is the turning point for the season. A good win there gets the momentum rolling. UNT, USA, FIU, FAU, MTSU are all winnable games. WKU and ASU are the tough ones. UT anything can happen and Navy I have concerns about because we still haven't showed we can stop the run and I am not convinced this D is disciplined enough to handle assignments against the option. We still don't know how good this team can be. We could be 3-0 without the turnovers and mistakes. How well be change and improve will be the difference in bowl game or 3-9 again. I for one and hoping for a 8-4 year. GO Trojans!!!!

Hemi Man
09-17-2012, 08:06 AM

At least 4 drops by Troy, 4 turnovers, 1 missed field goal = 9. Regardless of what Mullen or anyone else says those are facts.

Hemi Man
09-17-2012, 08:14 AM
And at least 3 of those would or should have been touchdowns.

If LB had stepped up last year and brought in a legitimate DC, Troy would be 3-0, even with the turnovers and mistakes. KE did a better job with a game plan this week vs last week, but he needs to continue improving...

Great Monday morning coaching. How about if we aren't minus 7 in turnovers the last two games we are 3-0? Wow is it easy to be a coach and make all the right decisions for a game played 2 days ago.

dgoebel
09-17-2012, 08:16 AM
But Mullens are facts also. We had our chances to win inspite of all the MSU miscues also. We proved we can play high level football. We still don't know how good this team can be if they play with out the huge mistakes. Hopefully they put it all together for UNT, this is a crucial game this Sat and could set the tone for the season...up or down.

trojanchad
09-17-2012, 08:18 AM
What if the plane flying over taking pics before kickoff dropped some parachuting (Chik-fil-A) cows onto the field. I don't see anyone talking about that. Could have changed the game completely. I think the new Director of Athletics is to blame. This goes way higher than the DC, OC, STC or HC.

dgoebel
09-17-2012, 08:20 AM
What if the plane flying over taking pics before kickoff dropped some parachuting (Chik-fil-A) cows onto the field. I don't see anyone talking about that. Could have changed the game completely. I think the new Director of Athletics is to blame. This goes way higher than the DC, OC, STC or HC.

But that would have meant more cow bells :confused-smiley-004

trojanchad
09-17-2012, 08:24 AM
But that would have meant more cow bells :confused-smiley-004

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4013/4527506894_659e00e6de.jpg

None visible, but they could have smuggled them onto the plane. I doubt we alerted Troy International to keep a watch. Once again, the athletics department has failed me as a fan. Ugh.

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Great Monday morning coaching. How about if we aren't minus 7 in turnovers the last two games we are 3-0? Wow is it easy to be a coach and make all the right decisions for a game played 2 days ago.

A new DC should have been brought in off season, this has nothing to do with 2 days ago....
Miss St could have had 21-28 points if they had caught their wide open passes. Troy could have had 2 4th down turnovers if they had held their Offense.
Btw, for a team that is leading to go for it on 4th down 2 times shows they have no respect for the defense they are playing.
This strand began with someone suggesting that the DC is a very weak link and keeping Troy from reaching their potential this year. Just because it will negatively affect you when a change is finally made doesnt mean it isnt for the better for the team...

dgoebel
09-17-2012, 08:29 AM
That made me laugh. I had heard a story when I was at Troy that our HC went on a recruiting trip up in TN on a small plane.. On the way back the pilot could not find the airport. They circled and kept calling the airport. The pilot was convinced it was Troy below..but no airport. Finally the airport tower radioed and said they had forgotten to turn the runway lights on. Such is Troy International Airport :rollinglaugh:

trojanchad
09-17-2012, 08:36 AM
That made me laugh. I had heard a story when I was at Troy that our HC went on a recruiting trip up in TN on a small plane.. On the way back the pilot could not find the airport. They circled and kept calling the airport. The pilot was convinced it was Troy below..but no airport. Finally the airport tower radioed and said they had forgotten to turn the runway lights on. Such is Troy International Airport :rollinglaugh:

I've only been to our airport years ago when Hank Jr's plane hit a deer and crashed. I'd rather fly out of the Evergreen crop duster strip.

TFan
09-17-2012, 08:50 AM
There was a lot of positives from Sat. 565 yds and 30 first downs, Southward 135 yds rushing, OL man handles them, D had some nice moments, huge crowd that made noise and was in the game from start to finish, and absolutely the best game day atmosphere I have ever seen at Troy. ........... We still don't know how good this team can be. We could be 3-0 without the turnovers and mistakes. How well be change and improve will be the difference in bowl game or 3-9 again. I for one and hoping for a 8-4 year. GO Trojans!!!!

Our Trojans NEVER GAVE UP!!! DOWN BUT NOT OUT!! How's that compare with last year????

I booked for Denton this am.... our Trojans effort last Saturday deserves support at Mean Green territory!!

GO TROJANS!!!

TroyFootball05
09-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Our OL is really good. They give CR time to throw and man handled the 14th ranked D in the country. Southward 135 yds rushing, OL man handles them

This could be the best o-line we've had since 2007. We can run the ball this year.

dgoebel
09-17-2012, 09:56 AM
I agree. I have been impressed with how aggresive they block and how much time they are giving CR to throw. What was more impressive is they did it with out their best run blocker, Zac Johnson. Cudos to Coach Schlarman and the entire OL. Keep it up guys!!!

Discophobia
09-17-2012, 09:58 AM
A new DC should have been brought in off season, this has nothing to do with 2 days ago....
Miss St could have had 21-28 points if they had caught their wide open passes. Troy could have had 2 4th down turnovers if they had held their Offense.
Btw, for a team that is leading to go for it on 4th down 2 times shows they have no respect for the defense they are playing.
This strand began with someone suggesting that the DC is a very weak link and keeping Troy from reaching their potential this year. Just because it will negatively affect you when a change is finally made doesnt mean it isnt for the better for the team...

Great Post!

Spiritual_Trojan
09-17-2012, 10:01 AM

1. If the O had not turned the ball over 3 times that could have been up to 21 points

2. Is that no respect for the D or a huge respect for the O?

3. Just because you said it on the internet doesn't mean it's better for the team

Hemi Man
09-17-2012, 10:07 AM

Great Post!

The two of you are as lost as last years Easter egg. If you only knew what you thought you knew.

Cane gone Trojan
09-17-2012, 10:23 AM
The bottom line is that for 2 weeks in a row now Troy has beaten Troy. Troy needs to take Troy off its schedule the rest of the year, and if they do then I really believe that Troy can still have a good, maybe great season this year.

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 10:44 AM
1. If the O had not turned the ball over 3 times that could have been up to 21 points

2. Is that no respect for the D or a huge respect for the O?

3. Just because you said it on the internet doesn't mean it's better for the team

keeping a turnover doesnt mean it would be points. however their receivers missing passes when they had beaten troy coverage would have been. And you just contradicted yourself if you say the O cant score because of turnovers and then say they had huge respect for them...

UGA kept their DC for a long time because he was friend of Richt, and he was decent because he was SEC DC. However, once he finally let him go, UGA is now ranked what with a new DC?

And just because you say differently doesnt mean it isnt better for the team.

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 10:46 AM
The two of you are as lost as last years Easter egg. If you only knew what you thought you knew.
With the hemi physique, I think you ate all the easter eggs, chocolate eggs, and all the bunnies, so no wonder im lost as lasts years easter eggs... :laughing021:

DedicatedTrojan84
09-17-2012, 10:54 AM
No offense, but I have seen you and you look like you ate all the easter eggs, chocolate eggs, and all the bunnies, so no wonder im lost as lasts years easter eggs... :laughing021:

I can shoot you a google map of exactly where we will be for the Hilltoppers game if ya want to stop by and not be an internet tough guy and be tough in real life. Anybody that gets personal over football is:

1.) a loser
2.) not intelligent
3.) an unproductive member of the human race with totally screwed up priorities

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/hondatek/ethug.jpg

DedicatedTrojan84
09-17-2012, 11:05 AM
We would have lost this game by 30 points last year. We fixed many issues from the LaLa game. #7 was used well. #6 did better on diversion but not great. D played lights out at times. The last TD was not a TD but that's just how it goes.

Bottom line is:

Mississippi State Beat Us!

We play North Texas this weekend in Denton. Not a single other SBC team plays a Conference game. Win the next 2 games and we are back at .500. the Cajuns are going to get beat by stAte then the Warhawks the very next week I hope. By 11/17 we could be playing stAte for the championship.

I called out Chitty here a few weeks back for a negative attitude. Since then he has been positive. Now he did miss some that hit him in the hands Saturday night. Is that Ennenfields fault? I reckon lets fire him.

Chill with the Monday Morning QB Negative Nancy BS garbage. Nobody wants to hear it. We have a conference title to go win.

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=DedicatedTrojan84;219523]I can shoot you a google map of exactly where we will be for the Hilltoppers game if ya want to stop by and not be an internet tough guy and be tough in real life. Anybody that gets personal over football is:

1.) a loser
2.) not intelligent
3.) an unproductive member of the human race with totally screwed up priorities

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f236/hondatek/ethug.jpg[/QUOTE\

all I did was respond to a smart aleck comment. If you read any of hemi's post, most are personal if you say anything about JR. So, I dont need you telling me how to respond to him or being an internet tough guy yourself. I will be at the Navy game and would be happy to meet up with any of you. PM me the week before the game...

DedicatedTrojan84
09-17-2012, 11:10 AM
I have never seen Hemi mock someones personal appearance EVER. Find me one piece of evidence and I will retract the statements. I don't need to meet with you. Hemi can take care of himself. I will just be there to watch and laugh at you.

TroyFootball05
09-17-2012, 11:15 AM
all I did was respond to a smart aleck comment. If you read any of hemi's post, most are personal if you say anything about JR. So, I dont need you telling me how to respond to him or being an internet tough guy yourself. I will be at the Navy game and would be happy to meet up with any of you. PM me the week before the game...

Fat jokes will get you in the doghouse everytime. What about other overweight people on the board that might take offense to that?

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I have never seen Hemi mock someones personal appearance EVER. Find me one piece of evidence and I will retract the statements. I don't need to meet with you. Hemi can take care of himself. I will just be there to watch and laugh at you.

A personal attack is a personal attack.

Hemi Man in response to one of my post...

"I'm not sure where you got the idea that I said this was a #1 ranked defense. My guess is you pulled it from the same part of your anatomy most of your posts originate from. Lift a leg and your best posts flow right out. "

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Fat jokes will get you in the doghouse everytime. What about other overweight people on the board that might take offense to that?

yeah probably could have made the point without the directness. Sorry about that...

Hemi Man
09-17-2012, 11:26 AM
With the hemi physique, I think you ate all the easter eggs, chocolate eggs, and all the bunnies, so no wonder im lost as lasts years easter eggs... :laughing021:
No offense, but I have seen you and you look like you ate all the easter eggs, chocolate eggs, and all the bunnies, so no wonder im lost as lasts years easter eggs... ll I did was respond to a smart aleck comment. If you read any of hemi's post, most are personal if you say anything about JR. So, I dont need you telling me how to respond to him or being an internet tough guy yourself. I will be at the Navy game and would be happy to meet up with any of you. PM me the week before the game...
Today 11:05 AM

No need to change your original comment. I'm sorry to hear you have anger issues. I certainly hope you get them resolved. I hear a nice regime of Lexapro. And Xanax will do the trick.

As for you wanting or willing to meet someone come on by the Emerald Coast tailgate, in the back yard of the alumni house. I'm there every game. Usually arrive around 9 for 6 pm games. Will be a little earlier for earlier kickoffs. Just ask for Hemi or Brian. I'm flattered you took the time to stalk me as I have no idea who you are.

DedicatedTrojan84
09-17-2012, 11:27 AM
A personal attack is a personal attack.

Hemi Man in response to one of my post...

"I'm not sure where you got the idea that I said this was a #1 ranked defense. My guess is you pulled it from the same part of your anatomy most of your posts originate from. Lift a leg and your best posts flow right out. "

Not a personal attack. He formed an opinion that you talk from your @ss. Seems to be pretty accurate.

DedicatedTrojan84
09-17-2012, 11:29 AM
No need to change your original comment. I'm sorry to hear you have anger issues. I certainly hope you get them resolved. I hear a nice regime of Lexapro. And Xanax will do the trick.

As for you wanting or willing to meet someone come on by the Emerald Coast tailgate, in the back yard of the alumni house. I'm there every game. Usually arrive around 9 for 6 pm games. Will be a little earlier for earlier kickoffs. Just ask for Hemi or Brian. I'm flattered you took the time to stalk me as I have no idea who you are.

:thumb: DT84 likes this.

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Not a personal attack. He formed an opinion that you talk from your @ss. Seems to be pretty accurate.

I can see you have the same intelligence/ or should I say Sense of Humor as Hemi. I guess you are the third cousin or brother in law or sister??

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Would be happy to meet ya... only angry about poor coaching and the excuses for it...

DedicatedTrojan84
09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
I can see you have the same intelligence as Hemi. I guess you are the third cousin or brother in law or sister??

Doode real talk you don't want to mess with me. I don't pull the I'm a big boy talk or none of that because I'm not but you don't want to start S*** over football. Just chill out. I will be exactly where Hemi said he will be about 20 yards to the north the way the crow flies. Stop by any time.

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Doode real talk you don't want to mess with me. I don't pull the I'm a big boy talk or none of that because I'm not but you don't want to start S*** over football. Just chill out. I will be exactly where Hemi said he will be about 20 yards to the north the way the crow flies. Stop by any time.

Doode, You are the one that jumped in a conversation that had nothing to do with you... and what was your comment about where I talk from? So, how bout you chill....... Hemi seems to be able to take care of himself..

Hemi Man
09-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Would be happy to meet ya... only angry about poor coaching and the excuses for it...

Well then just bring the ole Dawg on by and meet this fat boy next to the table covered in food. I guess we will see if the dawg is all bark. I'm not angry about anything. I have a Chiuahua just like you. I like toy with him and stir him up until he gets mad. His bark his much worse than his bite also.

DedicatedTrojan84
09-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Doode, You are the one that jumped in a conversation that had nothing to do with you... and what was your comment about where I talk from? So, how bout you chill....... Hemi seems to be able to take care of himself..

I look forward to meeting you Nick.

Spiritual_Trojan
09-17-2012, 01:40 PM

The conversation was in a public forum open to all members to post in... if it was a private conversation that you didn't want anyone else to comment on or see... there's a place for that.

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Well then just bring the ole Dawg on by and meet this fat boy next to the table covered in food. I guess we will see if the dawg is all bark. I'm not angry about anything. I have a Chiuahua just like you. I like toy with him and stir him up until he gets mad. His bark his much worse than his bite also.

I like to stir things up to, it keeps the board more interesting.... My bite is probably bad as bark, but never to fellow Trojan!!

DedicatedTrojan84
09-17-2012, 02:31 PM
I like to stir things up to, it keeps the board more interesting.... My bite is probably bad as bark, but never to fellow Trojan!!

I used to think the same way but people actually just think your a douche. So you were a bad @ss now you wont back it up on a "fellow trojan"?

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I used to think the same way but people actually just think your a douche. So you were a bad @ss now you wont back it up on a "fellow trojan"?

i actually wasnt talking to you. If you still want to talk crap, please PM me. Otherwise, I will be at the game and if you have anything to say to my face, please feel free to be as brave as you think you can....

DedicatedTrojan84
09-17-2012, 02:35 PM
i actually wasnt talking to you. If you still want to talk crap, please PM me. Otherwise, I will be at the game and if you have anything to say to my face, please feel free to be as brave as you think you can....

I told you where I would be Nick.

MonsterDawg
09-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I told you where I would be Nick.

See you there Nancy...

Hemi Man
09-17-2012, 02:55 PM

You know us fat people are known for our sense of humor!!!!http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2379/2590441566_6cbd2db469.jpg

goe1975
09-17-2012, 06:51 PM
"If y'all don't shut up, I'm gonna go out of my mind. Besides, Hemi here is liable to bust his spring."

sasquatch67
09-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Take out all the fluff of this thread and the above it what it boils down to.

Only exception: I think the defense has potential, improved talent should/could overcome some of our management issues and improve this year.

Ive got it!!!!!! The Offense plays both ways!!:taunt003:

Doug4Troy
09-18-2012, 08:24 AM
"If y'all don't shut up, I'm gonna go out of my mind. Besides, Hemi here is liable to bust his spring."

Careful goe, in that movie Carl DID "bust his springm". LOL

Doug4Troy
09-18-2012, 08:29 AM

Wow, calling someone fat... Are we in 3rd grade?

goe1975
09-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Careful goe, in that movie Carl DID "bust his springm". LOL

"Hemi, what the h*** you doin with that hammer?"

DedicatedTrojan84
09-18-2012, 08:40 AM

:thumb: DT84 likes and respects this

MonsterDawg
09-18-2012, 09:15 AM
:thumb: DT84 likes and respects this

gnat...

MonsterDawg
09-18-2012, 09:18 AM

if ur going to insult get it right.... 8th grade thank you very much!!!

Doug4Troy
09-18-2012, 09:41 AM
if ur going to insult get it right.... 8th grade thank you very much!!!

You consider my rhetorical question an insult? Sarcastic, yes, but not an insult.

I guess guys with a physique like Hemi and I have a higher insult tolerance. We have to.

Bon appetit!

DedicatedTrojan84
09-18-2012, 09:51 AM
gnat...

I am not in college anymore. I graduated long ago. I just liked a statement that is it. I did not get personal with you nor have I yet. I am asking you as a man to never get personal with me again with anything outside Troy Sports on this board. I am respectfully asking. Step up be a man and just do it. The consequences and escalations of this kind of thing can be very bad when people get upset. No reason to get that upset and potentially start situations where people get hurt over football. No reason at all.

MonsterDawg
09-18-2012, 09:55 AM
I am not in college anymore. I graduated long ago. I just liked a statement that is it. I did not get personal with you nor have I yet. I am asking you as a man to never get personal with me again with anything outside Troy Sports on this board. I am respectfully asking. Step up be a man and just do it. The consequences and escalations of this kind of thing can be very bad when people get upset. No reason to get that upset and potentially start situations where people get hurt over football. No reason at all.

Back at ya....

DedicatedTrojan84
09-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Back at ya....

I never got personal once. Hemi is my friend and I just said "hey wait a min this has gone too far". Someone said you talked out of your @ss or something and you were. You were mad over football. Been there and done that man. I agreed with them and disagreed with you that that was personal. That was it. That's just an observation. But to bring up college affiliations that you have no idea if I still endorse or disavow and to point out someones weight is personal. I think you will find your GTT.com experience much more enjoyable if you don't try to stir the pot all the time. I know I sure have. But, if you do insist on doing so just do not do it towards me and I will elect to watch my words with you also. Hope all can be good. Go Trojans!

Hemi Man
09-18-2012, 10:26 AM

Come on by, but understand we won't have the GEORGIA game on TV.

BTW I've never thought of myself as fat. Maybe I should reevaluate. Nah I'm good.

jagd1305
09-18-2012, 10:34 AM
I think this board has finally joined the message boards of the 'big time' schools. We've eliminated the middle man (opponent poster) and can now bang on each other! :)

Can't we all......

just get along? :D

LOL!!!

MonsterDawg
09-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Come on by, but understand we won't have the GEORGIA game on TV.

BTW I've never thought of myself as fat. Maybe I should reevaluate. Nah I'm good.

I will bring us all some protein bars... & no UGA game? that is heresy!!!

FliryVorru
09-18-2012, 02:25 PM
My goodness. What is going on here?

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/24084187.jpg