PDA

View Full Version : New to the Board

Dothan_Alum11
09-16-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi guys,

I am a recent grad from the Troy Dothan campus. I also occasionally took classes at the Troy campus while completing my degree. Although I am a lifelong Alabama fan and season ticket holder, I recently decided that I needed to support the school I graduated from more. My family and I bought season tickets to Troy football this year and we have had a blast! Last night's game against Miss. State was awesome even though we came up short.

During the game, I was contemplating a few things. I really think that if Troy could muster the fan support, we could be a top tier team. Of course, this would take some time, but if the new AD is as good at raising funds as they say, maybe Troy could continue to make the needed facilities upgrades required to attract today's athletes. Also, I don't think the university has tapped into the population base of Dothan as good as it could. Dr. Hawkins has helped with his vision of one university, but outside of billboards, the athletic department has not done much to make the public aware that we have a quality team to support right here in the wiregrass. What are your thoughts?

TroyFootball05
09-16-2012, 02:48 AM
Hi guys,

I am a recent grad from the Troy Dothan campus. I also occasionally took classes at the Troy campus while completing my degree. Although I am a lifelong Alabama fan and season ticket holder, I recently decided that I needed to support the school I graduated from more. My family and I bought season tickets to Troy football this year and we have had a blast! Last night's game against Miss. State was awesome even though we came up short.

During the game, I was contemplating a few things. I really think that if Troy could muster the fan support, we could be a top tier team. Of course, this would take some time, but if the new AD is as good at raising funds as they say, maybe Troy could continue to make the needed facilities upgrades required to attract today's athletes. Also, I don't think the university has tapped into the population base of Dothan as good as it could. Dr. Hawkins has helped with his vision of one university, but outside of billboards, the athletic department has not done much to make the public aware that we have a quality team to support right here in the wiregrass. What are your thoughts?

Thank YOU. We need more folks like you. Come join the movement on Facebook. We recently had an Operation 30,000 campaign (completely fan based) that has set many of yours want and desires in motion. Developing a rabid fan base in Troy is going to take time. It will be no easy task. We knew from the start this is going to be a war we'll have to fight for a long time. We are making a big push, come join us here, and on the facebook group TrojanChad has created!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Operation30k/

jagd1305
09-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Frankly, I see more support for TROY from the Dothan community than I do from Montgomery. I'd like for us to establish alot more focus towards Dothan to the point where Auburn and Alabama eventually become the secondary choices of support for the Dothan residents.

trojanchad
09-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi guys,

I recently decided that I needed to support the school I graduated from more.

This may be our biggest challenge. It's hard to grow the fan base when our own people won't support us. Thank you for coming around.

trojanchad
09-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Thank YOU. We need more folks like you. Come join the movement on Facebook. We recently had an Operation 30,000 campaign (completely fan based) that has set many of yours want and desires in motion. Developing a rabid fan base in Troy is going to take time. It will be no easy task. We knew from the start this is going to be a war we'll have to fight for a long time. We are making a big push, come join us here, and on the facebook group TrojanChad has created!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Operation30k/

Thanks for the plug :thumb:

The group is up to 250 members at the moment. We've averaged about 40 new people a day since the group started Monday morning. The original event had more, but at least in the group we are all like-minded supporters.

Come on by and join us. It's a good way to talk with other fans who may not necessarily be on GoTroyTrojans.com yet.

Lego
09-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Also, I don't think the university has tapped into the population base of Dothan as good as it could. Dr. Hawkins has helped with his vision of one university, but outside of billboards, the athletic department has not done much to make the public aware that we have a quality team to support right here in the wiregrass. What are your thoughts?

Dothan Alum11, welcome. I think your above observations are correct. Hopefully change in AD brings focus, desire and progress. The other thought is I think we have talent, we might be lacking on the staff on how to maximize it. This needs to improve. We have to win to raise money.

Hemi Man
09-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Dothan Alum11, welcome. I think your above observations are correct. Hopefully change in AD brings focus, desire and progress. The other thought is I think we have talent, we might be lacking on the staff on how to maximize it. This needs to improve. We have to win to raise money.

Yet another thread derailed by Lego's attacks on the coaching staff. There are plenty of other threads out there for you to attack the staff. You could have left this one alone.

Be a man of your word.

Lego
09-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Yet another thread derailed by Lego's attacks on the coaching staff. There are plenty of other threads out there for you to attack the staff. You could have left this one alone.

Be a man of your word.

No. Another petty BS reply from Hemi claiming he is Mr. #1 Troy fan and that nobody should ever question him or would anyone accountable, including himself.

Sad, dude.

Oh, and by the way, didn't he ask for our thoughts?
Talk about a de-rail. I replied to him, yet he spent the time replying to me. Hypocritical.

Hemi Man
09-16-2012, 09:55 AM
No. Another petty BS reply from Hemi claiming he is Mr. #1 Troy fan and that nobody should ever question him or would anyone accountable, including himself.

Sad, dude.

Oh, and by the way, didn't he ask for our thoughts?
Talk about a de-rail. I replied to him, yet he spent the time replying to me. Hypocritical.

I hate to see that you failed your reading comprehension class. Nowhere in my post did I state that I was the #1 fan or that no one should ever question what I say.

Sad is not being a man of your word. Sad, Lego, truly sad.

Your anger towards me is getting the best of you.

Looking forward to seeing you at the tailgate for WKU!! Or maybe I will see you in Dallas?

Be a man of your word!!!

trojanbrutha
09-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Hi guys,

Welcome to gtt.com. I fully understand about not tapping into the satellite campuses, at least in the state. I graduated from the Montgomery campus. At least I know they've tried to have pep rallies in Montgomery before. I'm not sure about this year, though. I think it would be a big help to get them (satellite people) involved, somehow...

TrojanEmpire
09-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Welcome to gtt.com. I fully understand about not tapping into the satellite campuses, at least in the state. I graduated from the Montgomery campus. At least I know they've tried to have pep rallies in Montgomery before. I'm not sure about this year, though. I think it would be a big help to get them (satellite people) involved, somehow...

I absolutely agree with this. It would seem to me that it would be easier to get Dothan to buy in more than Montgomery. Montgomery's proximity to Auburn would make it a much tougher sell than Dothan. Then again, Dothan isn't too far from Tallahassee.