PDA

View Full Version : Go Trojans!!!

srbtrojan
09-15-2012, 10:25 PM
For all the nay Sayers about this team and the coaches...shut your pie hole! This is a good team heading in the right direction and it's time to get behind them. End the negative speak and get on the train. This team can still win 8 or 9 games!
Go trojans!!!!!!

trojanheart99
09-15-2012, 10:39 PM
For all the nay Sayers about this team and the coaches...shut your pie hole! This is a good team heading in the right direction and it's time to get behind them. End the negative speak and get on the train. This team can still win 8 or 9 games!
Go trojans!!!!!!

AMEN. :thumb::thumb:

TrojanEmpire
09-15-2012, 10:52 PM
I still cannot trust a JR led defense. They still give up way too many big plays. If this team os going to win 8-9 games, then they need to quit giving up 30+ points a game. They play hard but make to many fundamental mistakes.

troy4ever21
09-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Am I the only one who noticed thr new championship banner on the scoreboard? It looks great!

TrojanWarrior418
09-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I still cannot trust a JR led defense. They still give up way too many big plays. If this team os going to win 8-9 games, then they need to quit giving up 30+ points a game. They play hard but make to many fundamental mistakes.

Don't forget special teams. We eliminate the muffed punt and then we would have had a tied ball game come the end. Wadson either needs to quit or teach his players to take the knee in the endzone. Why run out and try to juke and get tackled at the 10 when you can kneel it and start at the 25?

TroyFootball05
09-15-2012, 11:23 PM
In the last two games, both losses, we've committed 7 turnovers. Our opponents have given up at total of zero. We get on the winning side of this, we'll win a lot more games. We had 120 more yards than MSU and over 200 more yards than UL last week. We actually held UL in the 300's. Hold on to the ball, we'll win a lot of games.

trojanchad
09-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Special teams were not tonight.

trojanbrutha
09-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Special teams were not tonight.

Sans Will Scott...

Dothan_Trojan97
09-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Don't forget special teams. We eliminate the muffed punt and then we would have had a tied ball game come the end. Wadson either needs to quit or teach his players to take the knee in the endzone. Why run out and try to juke and get tackled at the 10 when you can kneel it and start at the 25?

Amen and Amen.

With the new kickoff rules, the team kicking has the advantage. They can kick it higher and right at the goal line (or 1 or 2 yard line), are 5 yards closer because of the new kickoff spot, and with good coverage can pin a team inside the 20 yard line, sometimes closer to the 10 yard line.

If it goes in the endzone, even if it is only 1/2 yard deep, kneel down, take a knee and let the offense start on the 25 yard line. We put ourselves in a few bad field position situations (last week and this week too) because we ran it out of the endzone.

newnan trojan
09-16-2012, 03:09 AM

Were you at the game??? The offense gave up ATLEAST 14 of those 30 points....Defense did great!

TrojanEmpire
09-16-2012, 07:30 AM
Were you at the game??? The offense gave up ATLEAST 14 of those 30 points....Defense did great!

The offense gave up scoring passes of 72 and 58 yards? The offense allowed a scoring run of 30+ yards? Not buying it. Great effort but there were still too many big plays given up. Those are a continuing problem and have been for years. If you are going to win games like this, you need to make your opponent drive the length of the field. The longer it takes them, the more likely they are to make a drive killing mistake.

The offense and special teams didn't help with all the turnovers and horrible decisions in the return game.

Again, the guys played hard but we got beaten by the same things that almost always get us beaten.

PsychoTrojan07
09-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Definitely take away a lot of positives and confidence from this game. Even though it was a heart breaker I think the team will take a lot from it. Cut out the turnovers and we beat them big. Thought the offensive gameplan/playcalling was great this week.

TrojanEmpire
09-16-2012, 07:32 AM

They have their fair share of blame as well.

It was a team loss.

srbtrojan
09-16-2012, 09:07 AM
I stopped at Crowes last night after the game to get some chicken. Got my med snack in hand and heading down the the road. I open the box only to realize that they didn't give me any freakin sauce! Then it became clear to me why I didn't get my sauce...that damn Jeremy rowel and the Trojan defense must have struck again!
Go Trojans!

Hemi Man
09-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Am I the only one who noticed thr new championship banner on the scoreboard? It looks great!

It does look great. It was put up a day or two before the home opener. They also removed the old Trojan head, on the side of football building, and replaced it with thr Troy logo.

trojanchad
09-16-2012, 09:22 AM
I stopped at Crowes last night after the game to get some chicken. Got my med snack in hand and heading down the the road. I open the box only to realize that they didn't give me any freakin sauce! Then it became clear to me why I didn't get my sauce...that damn Jeremy rowel and the Trojan defense must have struck again!
Go Trojans!

No way! If your chicken is raw or the fries are soggy then you can blame the defense. That grease has to stay hot all night and never gets a rest!

Forgotten sauce is clearly special teams!

Our opinions differ and now I will attack you personally: you are a doo-doo head.

likesturtles
09-16-2012, 09:33 AM
As much as I rag on the defense, this loss was all on the first half offense. Defense played great and right to the end. Second half offense was what I want to see. We win in Denton if the second half team shows up.

Question: Did Chandler run it out of the endzone because he dropped it and we would have started there if he picked it up and took a knee?

srbtrojan
09-16-2012, 10:11 AM
As much as I rag on the defense, this loss was all on the first half offense. Defense played great and right to the end. Second half offense was what I want to see. We win in Denton if the second half team shows up.

Question: Did Chandler run it out of the endzone because he dropped it and we would have started there if he picked it up and took a knee?

I believe he had made his mind up to go since he was only a few steps behind goal. However, when he dropped it he should have taken knee as he was still in the enzone. Just a boneheaded decision!

trojanbrutha
09-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Ok so....you both get rep from a brutha...

Lego
09-16-2012, 01:09 PM

Defense did not play great. Defense did give up:
- touchdown passes of 72, 58 & 25 yards.
- Penkins of Miss St. gashed the D for 179 yards for 8.8 per yard average
- It was the 1st time ever that Miss St. had a 175 yard rusher and a 175 yard receiver in the same game.
- 457 total yards
- if our fanbase as fallen this far as accepting the above as being great from what the TMTDM was once, then I don't know what else to say.

That being said they were not horrible, and their play was acceptable against Miss St. for a win.

Best effort of the year.

redwave
09-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Why don't the fan standing all around/under the stadium take a seat???? I don't believe that all could have been seated last night. All around the concourse and on the entrance area there was almost not walking room. This is true at all the Troy games. Weird fans! Usually fans want to be in their seats and cheer their team on. I believe there was well over 30000 there last night!!!! TAKE A SEAT AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!:angry013:

Lego
09-16-2012, 02:30 PM
Why don't the fan standing all around/under the stadium take a seat???? I don't believe that all could have been seated last night. All around the concourse and on the entrance area there was almost not walking room. This is true at all the Troy games. Weird fans! Usually fans want to be in their seats and cheer their team on. I believe there was well over 30000 there last night!!!! TAKE A SEAT AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!:angry013:

Alot are fans with tickets on the vistors side general admission. Better view and atmosphere on the concourse. What I hear

likesturtles
09-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I believe he had made his mind up to go since he was only a few steps behind goal. However, when he dropped it he should have taken knee as he was still in the enzone. Just a boneheaded decision!

That's actually what I was asking. I don't know the rules of returns well enough to know if they would have had to start in the endzone if he picked up a dropped ball and took a knee. Or would they have come out to the 20 or 25?

trojanbrutha
09-16-2012, 07:46 PM
That's actually what I was asking. I don't know the rules of returns well enough to know if they would have had to start in the endzone if he picked up a dropped ball and took a knee. Or would they have come out to the 20 or 25?

Ball could've been downed in the endzone after possession was gained and the new rule brings it out to the 25.

TroyFootball05
09-16-2012, 09:17 PM
if our fanbase as fallen this far as accepting the above as being great from what the TMTDM was once, then I don't know what else to say.

I think people are saying its good compared to what we've seen over the last few years. You're right, it can be better. But, there's a few flaws in your argument. First, since 2004, Troy has only had two games defensively against opponents like this that were better: LSU in 2004 (386 yards), and Missouri in 2004 (336 yards). I'd also like to point out that since 2004 the average amount of yards teams put up has skyrocketed due to the spread offense. This is not an excuse, we can be better. I just don't want people jumping off a cliff because we gave up 400+ yards to an SEC teams. North Texas and South Alabama will tell us a lot.

Can we be better? Yeah, we need to, but I'm seing a lot of good signs I didn't see last year. Our defenders actually tackle, instead of doing then "bump n' run."

Lego
09-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I think people are saying its good compared to what we've seen over the last few years. You're right, it can be better. But, there's a few flaws in your argument. First, since 2004, Troy has only had two games defensively against opponents like this that were better: LSU in 2004 (386 yards), and Missouri in 2004 (336 yards). I'd also like to point out that since 2004 the average amount of yards teams put up has skyrocketed due to the spread offense. This is not an excuse, we can be better. I just don't want people jumping off a cliff because we gave up 400+ yards to an SEC teams. North Texas and South Alabama will tell us a lot.

Can we be better? Yeah, we need to, but I'm seing a lot of good signs I didn't see last year. Our defenders actually tackle, instead of doing then "bump n' run."

- ok, sounds good. Like I said "That being said they were not horrible, and their play was acceptable against Miss St. for a win. Best effort of the year."

- but the problem is we are giving up 500+ yards to SBC teams the last three+ years, which is got everyone concerned.

TroyFootball05
09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
- but the problem is we are giving up 500+ yards to SBC teams the last three+ years, which is got everyone concerned.

True, but that hasn't happened yet. UL had 389 yards last week. Not bad in terms of yards. Points, well, the defense could have been better, but it was a combo deal. The offense had a hand in setting up some of those points. I'd also like to say that in years past where we've added a TON of JUCO's/Transfers, it usually doesn't kick in until around game 4 or 5. It's hard to force chemistry. Again, North Texas and South Alabama will tell us a little bit more about the direction we're heading.

Lego
09-16-2012, 10:02 PM
True, but that hasn't happened yet. UL had 389 yards last week. Not bad in terms of yards. Points, well, the defense could have been better, but it was a combo deal. The offense had a hand in setting up some of those points. I'd also like to say that in years past where we've added a TON of JUCO's/Transfers, it usually doesn't kick in until around game 4 or 5. It's hard to force chemistry. Again, North Texas and South Alabama will tell us a little bit more about the direction we're heading.

True, Offense fixes one thing, we are booming.
Defense, still has shades of the last four years, but see some talent potential.

Buzz Lightyear
09-16-2012, 10:11 PM
NTSU has lost two games to really good teams with a not so dominated score. I have not looked at the stats but I really believe it will take an effort by our guys that has been better because if you go and turn things over at THEIR field....and that is any THEIR......fans go bezerk and it can get ugly...

I for one would like a few breaks because if this team believed in itself with that little bit of swagger IT in there they could be a really fine team and would probably play better as the season wore on......with a break or two and the same effort as the last game minus the turnovers....we will do really welll the rest of season.....

GO TROY!!!!!

pelliott
09-16-2012, 11:24 PM
The defense will have to take the blame for ALL scores off of turnovers last night - EXCEPT - the muffed punt. Sorry, but the other turnovers were deep enough in our territory that we could have held.

The bomb (three steps behind our DB) for 72 yards - brutal. I could name a few more. D HAS to get better - period. They were much better than last week, and they will need to be much better next week.

I am very proud to be a Trojan today. Moral victories suck, but yesterday was a big moral victory.

Go Troy!