PDA

View Full Version : Hartwell New AD.....

Chasin170
09-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Seems the position is filled with Associate AD from Ole Miss...

Heads up UMAA Foundation......

TrueTrojan
09-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Glad to finally get a name.

I recently heard we were going to make an announcement "within a couple of weeks", but never got any firm indication on who.

Anybody have any insight on Hartwell?

Chasin170
09-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Good fund raiser and well like in the Oxford/UM area.....I like it!

newnan trojan
09-12-2012, 04:02 PM
I hope we can get more big name games at home...and start scheduleing more games with CUSA and big least instead of so much SEC

TrueTrojan
09-12-2012, 04:02 PM
He's a Senior Executive Associate AD/COO of the UMAA Foundation, hometown Mobile, AL.

Here is his bio from the Ole Miss website.

http://www.olemisssports.com/genrel/hartwell_john00.html

Mr. Ho
09-12-2012, 04:16 PM
He's a Senior Executive Associate AD/COO of the UMAA Foundation, hometown Mobile, AL.

Here is his bio from the Ole Miss website.

http://www.olemisssports.com/genrel/hartwell_john00.html

And it upgrade for him too. Old Misisisipi House of Cards. At least TMTDM admit we peon.

flockofoscars
09-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Hartwell has managed the growth of the Athletics budget from $26 million in FY03 to over $47 million in FY12. He also chaired the search to hire head men's basketball coach Andy Kennedy in 2006. He is heavily involved in contract negotiations for Athletics and has increased revenues with contracts for apparel and footwear (Nike), merchandise sales (Sports Avenue/LIDS), concessions (Centerplate), wireless provider (C Spire) and video boards (Daktronics). He currently serves on the SEC Ticket Committee, and is a leader of the annual SEC CFO's Forum.

Wow all of this we could use at Troy! maybe he can bring some big things to our University! Go Trojans!:bounce012:

Doug4Troy
09-12-2012, 05:03 PM
I heard he's related to JR.

I am kidding.

newnan trojan
09-12-2012, 05:05 PM
I heard he's related to JR.

I am kidding.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/a0/a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpeg

Doug4Troy
09-12-2012, 05:10 PM
http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/a0/a0823f7c_Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpeg

Again? You mean "still." Hemi will never shake that rumor... or is it a rumor?!?!

TrojanFanatic
09-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Drew Champlin ‏@DrewChamplin
Hartwell is basically No. 2 a.d. at Ole Miss. Announcement coming tonight and press conference Friday

19m Drew Champlin ‏@DrewChamplin
Confirmed through a prominent University source that John Hartwell from Ole Miss will be Troy next athletic director

From Drew's Twitter....I'm excited

Chasin170
09-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Mr. Ho text me early this morning and told me to keep under wraps until I finished my vienna sausage and crackers @ lunch.

Hemi Man
09-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Again? You mean "still." Hemi will never shake that rumor... or is it a rumor?!?!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4773740874827200&id=b7eb2ad70f06b1c2c0feff35872e593c

Lego
09-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Anybody have any insight on Hartwell?

Dr. Hawkins, Turn him loose ! Well done.

John has connections to some "large" money people. Smart, focused. Excellent choice, I just hope and pray they don't tie one arm behind his back.

He has some good people who will follow him in. I am excited for Troy's future. Someone big will eventually scoop him but will leave Troy alot better than he found it.

TrueTrojan
09-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Dr. Hawkins, Turn him loose ! Well done.

John has connections to some "large" money people. Smart, focused. Excellent choice, I just hope and pray they don't tie one arm behind his back.

He has some good people who will follow him in. I am excited for Troy's future. Someone big will eventually scoop him but will leave Troy alot better than he found it.

This seems eerily similar to the comments made when our last AD was hired. Unfortunately, the "big money" connections never came to fruition.

Here's to hoping for a better outcome this time around! :thumb:

newnan trojan
09-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Maybe he could land some deal with Nike or something. This could be a great get for a AD. Get Nike to fund our stadium expansion....I wouldnt even care if we put Nike's name on the stadium name or something.

Lego
09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Maybe he could land some deal with Nike or something. This could be a great get for a AD. Get Nike to fund our stadium expansion....I wouldnt even care if we put Nike's name on the stadium name or something.

Yes ! Under armor, Nike, whoever

Lego
09-13-2012, 01:02 PM
This seems eerily similar to the comments made when our last AD was hired. Unfortunately, the "big money" connections never came to fruition.

Here's to hoping for a better outcome this time around! :thumb:

This dude is for real.

Chasin170
09-13-2012, 01:03 PM
The "Troregon Ducks"...kinda got a ring to it.

flockofoscars
09-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Yes ! Under armor, Nike, whoever

I actually heard there has been communication between Troy and Under Armour. I like UA even better than Nike so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Yet, id take Nike over Adidas. :eatdrink004:

JonesOxygen
09-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Two thumbs up from JonesOxygen!!!

TrueTrojan
09-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I actually heard there has been communication between Troy and Under Armour. I like UA even better than Nike so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Yet, id take Nike over Adidas. :eatdrink004:

This has been true for several years. From what I have been told, Under Armour began being interested in Troy back around 2005, but when our apparel deal came up for bid Adidas was the only one of the "big three" to submit a bid.

One would have to wonder how keen Auburn would be on Under Armour becoming involved with Troy...

Lego
09-13-2012, 08:07 PM
One would have to wonder how keen Auburn would be on Under Armour becoming involved with Troy...

Why would this matter ? Especially if the market strategy is saturation.

jagd1305
09-13-2012, 08:22 PM
I'll go ahead and bite on this before it inevitably comes up; Hemi, is this Hartwell any relation to you and what part did you play in his arrival?

Doug4Troy
09-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I'll go ahead and bite on this before it inevitably comes up; Hemi, is this Hartwell any relation to you and what part did you play in his arrival?

Nothing happens at Troy... hiring or firing... that Hemi does not approve.

Hemi Man
09-13-2012, 08:37 PM

It depends on the meaning of the word is. I didn't inhale and never tried again.

jagd1305
09-13-2012, 08:46 PM
I hope there isn't a stained blue dress involved in all of this as well!

Hemi Man
09-13-2012, 08:52 PM
I hope there isn't a stained blue dress involved in all of this as well!

All dresses involved in this are cardinal in color.

SFMTrojan
09-14-2012, 02:14 AM
I like the hire

Trojans1andAll
09-14-2012, 02:43 AM
Okay, I'll ask the question....

I know this guy can't just fire people left and right at will, but do you think he was told ahead of signing that Blakeney and Rowell, the Boy Wonder were completely beyond any scrutiny whatsoever?

And what about Maestri while we're at it, I wonder if this guy has been told to leave those three alone if he knows what's good for him?

Lego
09-14-2012, 06:45 AM

I know this guy can't just fire people left and right at will, but do you think he was told ahead of signing that Blakeney and Rowell, the Boy Wonder were completely beyond any scrutiny whatsoever?

And what about Maestri while we're at it, I wonder if this guy has been told to leave those three alone if he knows what's good for him?

That would be a shame and gutless by the Admin. he wouldn't have taken the job if told that. He will be fair and reasonable.

Can't expect a chef to cook the best meal ever if he is not allowed to shop for the groceries.

Hemi Man
09-14-2012, 06:56 AM

I'm just curious where you get all your misinformation?

Lego
09-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Nothing happens at Troy... hiring or firing... that Hemi does not approve.

Now we know what our problems stem from.

Hemi Man
09-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Now we know what our problems stem from.

And, now you know why your application for janitor was returned to you as under qualified.
:rollinglaugh:

Lego
09-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Weak. You can do better. Now!

Trojans1andAll
09-14-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm just curious where you get all your misinformation?

I'm curious about how you read what was obviously a question and thought it was a statement.

Hemi Man
09-14-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm curious about how you read what was obviously a question and thought it was a statement.

So you aren't ASSUMING that these 3 coaches are beyond scrutiny?

Trojans1andAll
09-14-2012, 10:31 AM
So you aren't ASSUMING that these 3 coaches are beyond scrutiny?

Hmmm, looks to me like I was curious if the Admin. was assuming that.

Hemi Man
09-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Hmmm, looks to me like I was curious if the Admin. was assuming that.

Curious George? If you want to know something you should ask them.

Brotherofanalum
09-14-2012, 01:30 PM
This is back on the last subject, but why in the name of Sam hill would you want Nike or UA? UA is cheap material with high prices. It doesn't really matter whenever it comes to team sports, but I don't like it... Besides, for a university that has so many international students, I kind of like having "all day I'm dreaming about soccer" on our athletic apparel.

Lego
09-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Whoever is willing to fork out the money for the naming rights to the stadium I am for.

Trojans1andAll
09-15-2012, 12:01 AM
Curious George? If you want to know something you should ask them.

Whatever, you used the word "curious" first.

Troy87
09-15-2012, 06:15 AM
This is back on the last subject, but why in the name of Sam hill would you want Nike or UA? UA is cheap material with high prices. It doesn't really matter whenever it comes to team sports, but I don't like it... Besides, for a university that has so many international students, I kind of like having "all day I'm dreaming about soccer" on our athletic apparel.

Okay, you use your saying for that and I'll use mine, but it certainly wasn't soccer I was dreaming about.:jester:

TrojanSportsNow
09-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Here is an introduction to the new AD, John Hartwell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko4aDU8FRiI&feature=youtu.be