PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Opinions

Buzz Lightyear
09-11-2012, 06:55 AM
"Everyone has a right to their own opinion but not their own facts." While that is slightly paraphrased that saying has been credited to Bernard Baruch an American financier. The phrase has even been slightly altered to say that "every man has a right to his own opinion no matter how wrong it is."

With that said I submit this with the thought that I believe the facts to be correct but the opinion is just mine.

We are better than last year with depth.

We must submit a plan to our kickoff guys...More than one yard deep...do not come out.....past the 25 is hard to beat.

nearly 600 yards of offense is good.

coaching decisions on offense inside red zone are questionable AT BEST.

Defense...Stay with assignments....getting burned to come inside allows a bounce to outside for big yardage.....our line and backers are better than last year and the D backs are too....they will stop the middle....WE WERE BURNED TO THE OUTSIDE.

Blaming one individual who may or may not be perfect but he is far from bad and has some pretty good stats....

Change the above and we go bowling....Don't and we go howling......

We have an opportunity this weekend with good crowd and with our talent to have a good game....we know our opponent will be at best looking by us no matter what their coaches tell them......

TR--OJ--ANS!!!!!! (To this WE all Agree!!)

Lego
09-11-2012, 07:55 AM
"Everyone has a right to their own opinion but not their own facts." While that is slightly paraphrased that saying has been credited to Bernard Baruch an American financier. The phrase has even been slightly altered to say that "every man has a right to his own opinion no matter how wrong it is."

With that said I submit this with the thought that I believe the facts to be correct but the opinion is just mine.

We must submit a plan to our kickoff guys...More than one yard deep...do not come out.....past the 25 is hard to beat.

Defense...Stay with assignments....getting burned to come inside allows a bounce to outside for big yardage.....our line and backers are better than last year and the D backs are too....they will stop the middle....WE WERE BURNED TO THE OUTSIDE.

Blaming one individual who may or may not be perfect but he is far from bad and has some pretty good stats....

We have an opportunity this weekend with good crowd and with our talent to have a good game....we know our opponent will be at best looking by us no matter what their coaches tell them......

Alot of truth in this post.

But the the only stat that counts is the one in the "L" column.
Troy lost that game. The staff did not put those boys in a position to win.

tr_oj_ans
09-11-2012, 08:26 AM

First of all, THIS year, MSU looks like third in the west, and no worse than sixth overall in the SEC. They are not the team we played back in 2001. I still agree not to tear down the goal posts. Besides it looking amateur, it costs money which we can't spare right now.

Agreed on the KO returns. That is one of the areas I actually expect we'll improve. It's just too easy not to.

600 yards was a good number, but we should not expect that this week. If they shut down the run, which I expect they will, they are talented enough to punish Corey, therefore slowing the pass as well. We should not expect that our running game will all of the sudden get better against a good SEC defense. It will not.

Decision making in the red zone may be less of factor in this one. LB chose to go for it on forth down twice last week because he feared three points in those situations would not keep us in the game. If he thought that against LaLa, what will he think this week? Hope I'm wrong, but I fear we won't see much of the red zone to make bad decisions in.

Defense is improved from last year. We've only given up an average of 29.5 points per game to the two non-AQ teams we've played. It doesn't make sense to assume that we'll magically hold the best team we've played yet under that average so I expect they'll get 30 plus on Saturday.

Blaming one player, Corey, for not getting in the endzone, to me, doesn't make sense. Too many dropped balls to count, penalties, and questionable play calling are the issues contributing to his problems.

I think some of the issues will work themselves out over the course of the season, but to think everything will be working properly on Saturday against a strong SEC opponent is overly optimistic.

After all of that, my heart still says that that we find some way to win. We didn't play a better game than Missouri back in 2004, but found a way win. Passion from our players, coaches and fans won that game, not game plans and talent.

jagd1305
09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I agree with many of your points, Buzz. The red zone play calling and kicking game irritated me. The kicking game was the only part of our play that showed no improvement from last year. I still think we'll see better play as the season goes on. I don't expect a miracle this weekend but it has happened before.

trojanbrutha
09-11-2012, 12:25 PM
fURl_UJGACA

Chrono124
09-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the video TrojanBrutha, I like watching those interviews. If they fix up those mistakes from last weekend it should make for an awesome game, I can't wait.

trojanforce
09-12-2012, 06:26 AM
I noticed that coach and Corey alluded to the empty stands/lack of fans. I know it bothers this team that we are not 30K strong. Wish I was there with all you guys/gals that will be there in the stands. Duty calls and I'm serving overseas at the moment but I hope we somehow pack the stands and help our players and coaches out. Give em hell!!!!

trojanforce

TroyTuba
09-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Sadly, you can't expect 30,000 to come watch us lose all the time either. I'm there regardless, but it sure gets frustrating watching us lose and then hear that the team is upset because they couldn't lose in front of a packed house. The phrase "If you build it, he will come" pops into my head - but is sounds like this "If you win, they will come."

Note: I realize we have only been losing as of late and honestly, we had attendance issues when we were winning too.

TroyFootball05
09-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Sadly, you can't expect 30,000 to come watch us lose all the time either. I'm there regardless, but it sure gets frustrating watching us lose and then hear that the team is upset because they couldn't lose in front of a packed house. The phrase "If you build it, he will come" pops into my head - but is sounds like this "If you win, they will come."

Note: I realize we have only been losing as of late and honestly, we had attendance issues when we were winning too.

Yeah I was gonna say that as well. Not winning surely has an effect, but when we reeled off five straight championships, we weren't doing a whole lot better in the stands. There are things that will help with this, but it's going to take some time.

sasquatch67
09-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Butts in the stand matter...If you have a good loud crowd the team plays off of that and IT WILL make tjem perform better. Been there done that !! Trust me it works!! If you were at any of the big games that troy won at home.....Especially Mizzou......it was electric!!!! That little stadium gets to rockin when it is full!!!!!

TroyFootball05
09-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Side Note: after watching the video above, I went back and checked the box score. We outyarded them 588 to 389. It means little since we didn't win, but hopefully we can correct the turnovers and score off those yards in the future.

Also, we ran 102 plays, and passed for 528 yards. I don't remember the last time we ran that many plays. The pieces are in place to fix the mistakes. Lets gets some points.

TFan
09-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Side Note: after watching the video above, I went back and checked the box score. We outyarded them 588 to 389. It means little since we didn't win, but hopefully we can correct the turnovers and score off those yards in the future.

Also, we ran 102 plays, and passed for 528 yards. I don't remember the last time we ran that many plays. The pieces are in place to fix the mistakes. Lets gets some points.

Only 60 yards rushing AND
Offensive turnovers cashed in.

And someone said earlier the D was the problem????

_________ + ______________

Trojans Fans haven't seen a great performance since NoLA Bowl victory over Ohio. That probably accounts for 2500 > 3000 empty seats per home game.

Hopefully THIS SATURDAY WILL CHANGE ALL THAT!!!

GO TROJANS!

Hemi Man
09-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Only 60 yards rushing AND
Offensive turnovers cashed in.

And someone said earlier the D was the problem????

_________ + ______________

Trojans Fans haven't seen a great performance since NoLA Bowl victory over Ohio. That probably accounts for 2500 > 3000 empty seats per home game.

Hopefully THIS SATURDAY WILL CHANGE ALL THAT!!!

GO TROJANS!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........ Logic on a message board?