PDA

View Full Version : Hate the New Trojan Walk Format

Burn the Horse
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Thread title says it all, I hated the new route they took for Trojan Walk. One of the best parts about the experience is the whole team, cheerleaders, and band walking down University.

I set up my tailgate tent in front of Hawkins Hall right up on the sidewalk like I always do, ready for Trojan Walk to walk past us like usual, only to learn that would not be happening. We almost missed it because I had to gather up the little man and run down the street to Sartain. Lame.

AD, please go back to the way it was!

DedicatedTrojan84
09-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I liked the closed in format. As far as route I did not notice that. I was back towards the entrance to the stadium. I high fived every player. DT84 approves.

TroyFootball05
09-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Some band members said the ribbon cutting didn't give them enough time for the trojan victory march. Also, things should be back to normal saturday.

trojanchad
09-10-2012, 12:58 PM
I liked the closed in format. As far as route I did not notice that. I was back towards the entrance to the stadium. I high fived every player. DT84 approves.

I missed a few fives that went to my son on my shoulders. No one I'd rather give them up to though so no complaints. We were on tailgate terrace at the flagpoles.

Hemi Man
09-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Thread title says it all, I hated the new route they took for Trojan Walk. One of the best parts about the experience is the whole team, cheerleaders, and band walking down University.

I set up my tailgate tent in front of Hawkins Hall right up on the sidewalk like I always do, ready for Trojan Walk to walk past us like usual, only to learn that would not be happening. We almost missed it because I had to gather up the little man and run down the street to Sartain. Lame.

Its the same place it was last year.

JonesOxygen
09-10-2012, 01:18 PM
The purpose of the new Trojan Walk (by new I mean same as last year) was to cut back on the walking down university which was ridiculously long and shorten it so that it does not spread out the crowd of people. Now that its a much shorter walk, the crowd looks twice as large. LB had asked for years that people get in the streets and crowd the team. Problem is, the band and police officers were not on the same page as LB. So we finally got it changed. If you don't like the set up, move your tailgate. Trojan walk aint changing!
I read the same thing about the band getting back late from the ribbon cutting. I could not care less how they get there as long as they are in the street behind Right/Center field.

Also, if you hate the "new" format. Show up downtown on homecoming sat. You will have your old format back, its called a parade, minus Santa Claus.

DedicatedTrojan84
09-10-2012, 01:46 PM
The purpose of the new Trojan Walk (by new I mean same as last year) was to cut back on the walking down university which was ridiculously long and shorten it so that it does not spread out the crowd of people. Now that its a much shorter walk, the crowd looks twice as large. LB had asked for years that people get in the streets and crowd the team. Problem is, the band and police officers were not on the same page as LB. So we finally got it changed. If you don't like the set up, move your tailgate. Trojan walk aint changing!
I read the same thing about the band getting back late from the ribbon cutting. I could not care less how they get there as long as they are in the street behind Right/Center field.

Also, if you hate the "new" format. Show up downtown on homecoming sat. You will have your old format back, its called a parade, minus Santa Claus.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLQqRLPxgv3sv658sPtkIJNkeubTBQ2 ge_842BthJq2nzQc5vdD1g83yt7yA

TrojanFanatic
09-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I think he's referring to the fact that SOTS didn't march down the street, but like 05 said, the ribbon cutting was during the same time, and we weren't sure of the time crunch between the two events. It should be back to normal, statue to statue, this Saturday

Burn the Horse
09-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I think he's referring to the fact that SOTS didn't march down the street, but like 05 said, the ribbon cutting was during the same time, and we weren't sure of the time crunch between the two events. It should be back to normal, statue to statue, this Saturday

Yes.

gotu
09-10-2012, 05:45 PM

Did you go to any home games last year?

Burn the Horse
09-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Did you go to any home games last year?

only one. we had our first child and it just wasn't doable for me to make 'em.

gotu
09-10-2012, 06:13 PM
only one. we had our first child and it just wasn't doable for me to make 'em.

Sorry, I saw the post with your 11 month old and figured it out. Congrats on bringing her up as a true Trojan!

Burn the Horse
09-10-2012, 07:26 PM
she's a He, but thanks just the same.

While I was unable to attend the games last season I still bought my season tickets. We've had the same seats since 2003 and don't intend on giving them up.

wrden
09-11-2012, 12:02 AM

Wow, such a nice attitude. The "money" folks have spoken! Now keep wondering why there is a fan problem in Troy! I've been coming to the games for 7 years and this is about par for the course, glad I don't come for the sunshiny and friendly atmosphere! Oh, and BTW, I did notice how the "new format" really turned the team around last year and made such a difference, glad they felt better about themselves anyway.

nohuddle
09-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Wow, such a nice attitude. The "money" folks have spoken! Now keep wondering why there is a fan problem in Troy! I've been coming to the games for 7 years and this is about par for the course, glad I don't come for the sunshiny and friendly atmosphere! Oh, and BTW, I did notice how the "new format" really turned the team around last year and made such a difference, glad they felt better about themselves anyway.

this comment makes no sense. You think the team would play better if we went back to having them march from the quad in a parade, with band parents sitting along the curb and yellow ropes preventing people from getting up close?

It's nothing to do with money. The change to the Trojan Walk is the BEST thing that's happened to gameday at Troy in a long time. The focus is finally on the team, CLB loves it, the team loves it, and most every fan loves it (unless you're in the band, band parent, don't want to move from your tailgate, or you're just a big fan of parades). Now kids and fans can get up close and high five the players without being plowed down by a car or tuba player.

This is one of our great traditions to build off of. Great move by the administration!

JonesOxygen
09-11-2012, 08:28 AM

"Money folks"
What does that mean? The administration and Coach Blakeney made a change that in my opinion is great. Yes, the Trojan Walk is exactly why we were terrible last year.

DedicatedTrojan84
09-11-2012, 08:32 AM

LB asked for this change. You Sir just made an @ss of yourself.

Chrono124
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
LB asked for this change. You Sir just made an @ss of yourself.

That's what happens when you ASSUME $h!t....