PDA

View Full Version : Like I've always said...

Possum
09-09-2012, 03:53 PM
ROWELLL SUCKS!!

My prediction for this weekend...

Miss State 56

Troy 14

Thanks Rowell...

sasquatch67
09-09-2012, 04:35 PM
If u watched the game the d wasnt the problem

Spiritual_Trojan
09-09-2012, 04:38 PM

The D was part of the problem they kept getting burnt on the edges which can be fixed. I D definitely wasn't our biggest problem though.

newnan trojan
09-09-2012, 04:39 PM
If the Offense didnt turn the ball over THREE times we would have won that game last night.

UL scored on all three turnovers.

TrojanEmpire
09-09-2012, 04:42 PM

It wasn't part of the solution either. They did well to hold them to FGs on certain drives. The problem is quite a few of these drives could have been negated if a 3rd down stop is made.

Going shotgun on Fourth and Inches wasn't a good idea either. ULL did it a couple of times. Are you telling me our QBs aren't capable of doing the same thing? Several drops and some predictable play-calling didn't help. If CR audibled out of some of the initial playcalls like some are suggesting, he made some bad decisions.

Special Teams coverage was okay but the return game left alot to be desired.

I miss anything?

newnan trojan
09-09-2012, 04:43 PM
It wasn't part of the solution either. They did well to hold them to FGs on certain drives. The problem is quite a few of these drives could have been negated if a 3rd down stop is made.

Going shotgun on Fourth and Inches wasn't a good idea either. ULL did it a couple of times. Are you telling me our QBs aren't capable of doing the same thing? Several drops and some predictable play-calling didn't help. If CR audibled out of some of the initial playcalls like some are suggesting, he made some bad decisions.

Special Teams coverage was okay but the return game left alot to be desired.

I miss anything?

Penalties kept a couple UL drives alive

Hemi Man
09-09-2012, 04:52 PM

Correct. 3 turnovers led directly to `14 points for ULL. Not to mention that all 3 of those turnovers were in ULL territory. 2 failed 4th and shorts deep inside ULL's 25 means at least 6 points lost. Conservatively we lost 20 points on those 5 drives. Most likely somewhere in the 27 and possibly 35 points left out there.

newnan trojan
09-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Correct. 3 turnovers led directly to `14 points for ULL. Not to mention that all 3 of those turnovers were in ULL territory. 2 failed 4th and shorts deep inside ULL's 25 means at least 6 points lost. Conservatively we lost 20 points on those 5 drives. Most likely somewhere in the 27 and possibly 35 points left out there.

I agree with you....This is also a problem we had last year too.

MonsterDawg
09-09-2012, 04:59 PM
For 5 years, Troy was the best team because they generally had the best players. It's not that the players are worse now, but other teams are now recruiting the same quality players.
When you have superior talent you can pretty much run any O or D and still win.
However, when its equal talent, then the difference is coaching. Look at the NFL. do you really think there is a nickels worth of difference between most of the teams? No, But some teams are consistently better because of coaching.

It is partly recruiting, but its mainly the playing calling, in game adjustments and schemes that make the difference.

Now that the opposing players are equal in the SBC, Troy's OC and DC cant just throw out any play or scheme and be effective.

The other schools have also brought in quality coaches and coordinators. While the head coach sets the tone of the team and is the general, he depends on the coordinators to plan and run the offense and defense.

Many have mentioned some of the questionable play calling on offense and on defense. and how many times have we seen great halftime adjustments by the OC or DC? Think back to Navy last year and LB's remarks about coaching.
it is not about getting the players fired up or them being a team. is there areas they need to work on, yes. But the major issue with Troy for the last 3 years has been game planning, in game situational calling, and adjustments, on offense, defense, and special teams. There isnt the gap of talent that there used to be. It is now a level playing field of players, so it is the coordinators who make the difference. Troy's coordinators are NOT performing at the level they should be....

TrojanWarrior418
09-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Need to add Eddenfield to that list to and Watson already needs to be on it. In fact I think it's time for a house cleaning.

Hemi Man
09-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Need to add Eddenfield to that list to and Watson already needs to be on it. In fact I think it's time for a house cleaning.

We have a coach Watson? What does he coach?

Shayne Wasden maybe?

Good God man if your going to call for his firing at least get his name right. We don't need innocent people being fired over people not knowing the coach's name.

Lego
09-09-2012, 05:52 PM
We have a coach Watson? What does he coach?

Shayne Wasden maybe?

Good God man if your going to call for his firing at least get his name right. We don't need innocent people being fired over people not knowing the coach's name.

collateral damage

Doug4Troy
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM
collateral damage

So, are you an advocate for Steve Dennis calling a football coaching staff meeting before he leaves, getting them all in one room, and tossing in a "pink-slipped" grenade? Should at least yell "incoming" before he closes the door?

Lego
09-09-2012, 06:20 PM
So, are you an advocate for Steve Dennis calling a football coaching staff meeting before he leaves, getting them all in one room, and tossing in a "pink-slipped" grenade? Should at least yell "incoming" before he closes the door?

Funny, this was. Mine was too.

Doug4Troy
09-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Funny, this was. Mine was too.

Maybe we should hire the two "Bobs" to come in and recommend personnel changes. If we simply stop the paychecks for some coaches, maybe we won't actually have to fire them... it will just simply work out on its own.

Lego
09-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Maybe we should hire the two "Bobs" to come in and recommend personnel changes. If we simply stop the paychecks for some coaches, maybe we won't actually have to fire them... it will just simply work out on its own.

Doug4Troy, cracking Lego up you are. :rollinglaugh:

("OS" movie is classic)

Doug4Troy
09-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Doug4Troy, cracking Lego up you are. :rollinglaugh:

("OS" movie is classic)

Too bad my wife does not share the same opinion of my sense of humor.

And you are correct, OS is a classic.

TrojanEmpire
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM

An OS reference?!?!?! Rep points to you my friend.

Lego
09-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Too bad my wife does not share the same opinion of my sense of humor.

And you are correct, OS is a classic.

Maybe the team had a strong case of the Mondays.

Navarre Trojan
09-09-2012, 07:05 PM
My prediction for this weekend...

Miss State 56

Troy 14

I want in on some of this action, I will take Troy plus the 42 points you speak of. Please PM with the amount you are willing wager. Then we will see if you just have a hat, or, if in fact you have any cattle!!!!