PDA

View Full Version : Wow, 70 people viewing this message board and no one will state the obvious

TSU-Baggs
09-08-2012, 10:47 PM
We stunk up the place. Our 21 year opening game win streak is over. We continue to slide down a slippery slope. ULM beats number 8 Ark in Ark and we lose bad in our house to a team we were slightly favored to beat. With all the hype and all the drive to get 30K fans in the seats, something really went wrong. The fans showed up and stayed as long as they could take it. More mistakes, penalties and I still can't figure out the play calling. We're losing by 3 scores and we run draw plans, bubble screens and down and outs to the sidelines. Time runs out, game over. The MSU game is going to be very ugly next week.

jagd1305
09-08-2012, 10:54 PM
It's worse than you think. I believe the announced attendence was only 17,000 and change. Dreadful for opening at home. Our program is sliding downward if we can't inspire more fans to attend home games. We'll be just like MTSU if we don't turn this thing around. Regardless, I'll still be in the stands cheering for my team.

Lord-Mustang
09-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Attendance: 17981

Mr. Ho
09-08-2012, 11:03 PM
We stunk up the place. Our 21 year opening game win streak is over. We continue to slide down a slippery slope. ULM beats number 8 Ark in Ark and we lose bad in our house to a team we were slightly favored to beat. With all the hype and all the drive to get 30K fans in the seats, something really went wrong. The fans showed up and stayed as long as they could take it. More mistakes, penalties and I still can't figure out the play calling. We're losing by 3 scores and we run draw plans, bubble screens and down and outs to the sidelines. Time runs out, game over. The MSU game is going to be very ugly next week.

Mr. Ho state obvious...we run 97 play, fail 3 time to score in Red Zone...real problem remain on other side of ball. In olden day 24 point meant victory. Heck it take us 3 game to run 97 play. When last time we hold anyone to less than 24? Maybe that Truck Bowl.

Mr. Ho in no mode or good condition to post disertation on what should happen.

TrojanWarrior418
09-08-2012, 11:19 PM
If you really want change you're going to have to stop. Stop buying Troy merchandise, game tickets, attending games, stop donating money to the athletic department. It seems the only way to get the University's attention is with your wallet.

Tell them you refuse to keep throwing your money down this pit. For you to donate Troy will have to make changes. If we donate money to athletics the only thing that will happen is they will keep putting money into the machine that doesn't work rather than repairing it or buying one that works.

We are the new North Texas and if we want to stop the downward spiral we're going to have to put our foot down and say enough is enough rather than this blind "Go Team" mentality.

Hemi Man
09-09-2012, 12:47 AM
If you really want change you're going to have to stop. Stop buying Troy merchandise, game tickets, attending games, stop donating money to the athletic department. It seems the only way to get the University's attention is with your wallet.

Tell them you refuse to keep throwing your money down this pit. For you to donate Troy will have to make changes. If we donate money to athletics the only thing that will happen is they will keep putting money into the machine that doesn't work rather than repairing it or buying one that works.

We are the new North Texas and if we want to stop the downward spiral we're going to have to put our foot down and say enough is enough rather than this blind "Go Team" mentality.

You want better coaches and new buildings, but you are encouraging people to stop donating and supporting Troy? Strange logic to say the least.

TrojanEmpire
09-09-2012, 08:48 AM
You want better coaches and new buildings, but you are encouraging people to stop donating and supporting Troy? Strange logic to say the least.

Sometimes it is difficult for people to continue to purchase a product that is not as high quality as when they first purchased it. People donate money to the athletic department and we get the same product from the same coaches whose way of doing things does not work anymore. That makes them wonder why they keep giving money when nothing changes.

srbtrojan
09-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Sometimes it is difficult for people to continue to purchase a product that is not as high quality as when they first purchased it. People donate money to the athletic department and we get the same product from the same coaches whose way of doing things does not work anymore. That makes them wonder why they keep giving money when nothing changes.
To help you better understand, you are not purchasing a product here! You are supporting the school from which you graduated.

TrojanEmpire
09-09-2012, 09:25 AM
To help you better understand, you are not purchasing a product here! You are supporting the school from which you graduated.

No need to get personal. I have not attacked you in any way.

To help you better understand..........

I'm sorry but what is put out on the field is a product. If that product is not up to snuff, then I will find other places to spend money. If my school is continuing to conduct business in a way that I disagree with, why should I continue to give? People vote with their checkbooks all the time. All of the sudden it's different because it is the alma mater?

Hemi Man
09-09-2012, 09:47 AM

Don't act off of emotion. That is what causes problems. Players get into trouble when they tweet or post on facebook out of emotion. Fans screaming that aren't going to give anymore because this coach sucks or that coach sucks just ins't the answer. The teams in the conference that have surpassed Troy haven't done it by having their fans stop donating. Actually quite the opposite. It's happened because people are donating and allowing to upgrade their needs, whether it be the coaching staffs, buildings, or eliminating the need for money games.

TrojanEmpire
09-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Don't act off of emotion. That is what causes problems. Players get into trouble when they tweet or post on facebook out of emotion. Fans screaming that aren't going to give anymore because this coach sucks or that coach sucks just ins't the answer. The teams in the conference that have surpassed Troy haven't done it by having their fans stop donating. Actually quite the opposite. It's happened because people are donating and allowing to upgrade their needs, whether it be the coaching staffs, buildings, or eliminating the need for money games.

Fair enough.

Surely you understand why people who have given money in the past are hesitant to give when they see the same negative patterns repeating themselves and nothing is changing for the better.

Hemi Man
09-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Fair enough.

Surely you understand why people who have given money in the past are hesitant to give when they see the same negative patterns repeating themselves and nothing is changing for the better.

Everyone is frustrated, myself included. Now is the time to stand your ground and support the university that we love. Your checkbook does talk, but if you silence your checkbook you silence your voice to the university.

TrojanEmpire
09-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Everyone is frustratedn myself included. Now is the time to stand your ground and support the university that we love. Your checkbook does talk, but if you silence your checkbook you silence your voice to the university.

Let's just agree to disagree because I believe if enough people keep their checkbooks closed, then eventually the higher ups will get the message. Continuing to give creates the impression that we are happy with the direction things are going and things continue to be done the same old way.

Pcbtrojan
09-09-2012, 10:31 AM
I won't stop supporting the school I love but if this keeps up the silence in the stands or lack of folks will state the obvious. I hope it does not come to that.

TrojanEmpire
09-09-2012, 10:35 AM
I won't stop supporting the school I love but if this keeps up the silence in the stands or lack of folks will state the obvious. I hope it does not come to that.

I will always cheer for our athletes when they compete. I have lost faith in the ability of some of those whose job it is to prepare them to compete.

jagd1305
09-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I suspect that we're already seeing some fans express themselves. A little over 17900 in the stands. That's marginally better than half full or half empty, depending on your perspective. As usual, the 'blue and khakis' crew in the student section bailed at halftime. Not judging, I just don't blame them in this instance.