09-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Unfinished Business continues today!

WORLD WIDE TROJAN PRIDE DAY

Operation 30,000

2:30 - Trojan Arena Ribbon Cutting

3:45 - Trojan Walk

and a

6:00 - Kickoff

Lots of excitement around this game and this season, boys and girls. Are you a part of IT? Are you bringing others to be a part of IT?

It's only a 50% chance of rain. Pack a poncho and come join a few thousand of your closest friends in Cardinal.

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=629&stc=1&d=1347107449

Chrono124
09-08-2012, 08:09 AM
WOOOOO I am awake and ready to go, lets get this party started :happy110:

GOTROY
09-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Rain or shine we will be there! GO TROY :bounce012:

Hemi Man
09-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Should be there by 9:30!!!!!

newnan trojan
09-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Leaving Newnan around 10 Central time. Plan to set up tent at noon in front of Hawkins! Go TROY!

Burn the Horse
09-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Team BTH will be on campus by noon, looking to set up infront of Hawkins. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come by and say Hi, just shoot me a PM and I'll send ya my cell #. :eatdrink004:

newnan trojan
09-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Team BTH will be on campus by noon, looking to set up infront of Hawkins. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come by and say Hi, just shoot me a PM and I'll send ya my cell #. :eatdrink004:

Copy cat.

trojanblood
09-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Leaving Newnan around 10 Central time. Plan to set up tent at noon in front of Hawkins! Go TROY!

Save me a spot for my tent. Should be there around 12 to set up

newnan trojan
09-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Will do....Im trying to get some shaded spot!

Pcbtrojan
09-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Heading up from the coast in a bit. Hopefully I can leave the rain here

Cajuns
09-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm so jealous that I can't see this one in person!!

Yall have a good one!

Discophobia
09-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Oh great......I love worldwide Trojan day...there is nothing like seeing students waving the Communist Chinese flag to make me think about football. I really never understood this
as a promotion.

TrojanEmpire
09-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh great......I love worldwide Trojan day...there is nothing like seeing students waving the Communist Chinese flag to make me think about football. I really never understood this
as a promotion.

What he said.

Spiritual_Trojan
09-08-2012, 04:12 PM
as a promotion.

geee what do you think happens to views of those students from communist China when they spend two years in America... maybe it's more about promoting the impact that Troy is making around the world than the flags......:censored:

Lego
09-08-2012, 04:20 PM
geee what do you think happens to views of those students from communist China when they spend two years in America... maybe it's more about promoting the impact that Troy is making around the world than the flags......:censored:

Lego understands not why they cannot fly Troy Trojan flags instead of flags that promote tyranny.

Spiritual_Trojan
09-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Lego understands not why they cannot fly Troy Trojan flags instead of flags that promote tyranny.

Should Troy make them change their nationality or equip them to the be the generation that changes their country from a tyrant to a benevolent world leader

Lego
09-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Should Troy make them change their nationality or equip them to the be the generation that changes their country from a tyrant to a benevolent world leader

My point, you make, why do they fly the flag that represents tyranny?

Spiritual_Trojan
09-08-2012, 04:28 PM
My point, you make, why do they fly the flag that represents tyranny?

no I didn't you make them proud of their flag not with it stands for... you teach the truth and they will drive for the flag to have a different meaning... Besides if you dont like it come in after pregame or shut ur eyes for the like .25 seconds they flip the flag down then back up

Discophobia
09-08-2012, 04:34 PM
My point is have the day minus the flag waving etc. These students come to the games already. Last couple of years I have had to ask several of them to move from my seats. As some one that has spent a lot of time in other countries some friendly some where people wanted to shoot at me.....I know that often cultural exchange helps change attitudes towards the US, however on the flip side of that I remember a few years ago when we stomped MUTS on ESPN and the camera kept focusing in on several students in the stands waving the communist flag and I kept thinking if my child were looking at Troy as a possible school to attend would I be excited or upset by a University where people waived a communist flag at football games. What is more important the image of the University at home and the image it projects on TV and in the stadium or letting this
handful of kids have a self esteem moment by waving their flag during a University sport that has nothing to do with communist flag waiving.

Spiritual_Trojan
09-08-2012, 04:41 PM
My point is have the day minus the flag waving etc. These students come to the games already. Last couple of years I have had to ask several of them to move from my seats. As some one that has spent a lot of time in other countries some friendly some where people wanted to shoot at me.....I know that often cultural exchange helps change attitudes towards the US, however on the flip side of that I remember a few years ago when we stomped MUTS on ESPN and the camera kept focusing in on several students in the stands waving the communist flag and I kept thinking if my child were looking at Troy as a possible school to attend would I be excited or upset by a University where people waived a communist flag at football games. What is more important the image of the University at home and the image it projects on TV and in the stadium or letting this
handful of kids have a self esteem moment by waving their flag during a University sport that has nothing to do with communist flag waiving.

If you don't like it write the athletics dept and I never said anything about self-esteem. The school doesn't give the kids the flags they take them up right after they walk off the field, so the kids with the flag probably brought it in themselves and there was no rule against them waving it just like there isnt one against people waving a Troy flag or an American flag.

Discophobia
09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Wow, so hostile. Believe me guy. They wave those flags in the stands not just during the pre game. Your comment about making them proud of their flag but not what it stands for is perhaps the most idiotic statement ever uttered on this board. How can you be proud of something but not what it stands for? As a veteran that has been in combat in Afganistan I am proud of my flag and what it stands for. There are many people myself included that are offended by the dirty Communist Chinese flag and everything it represents.....all of the oppresion, killing of innocent people, enslaving their own people and seeking to destroy our Republic. You cannot seperate the two the flag represents Communist China and everything that goes along with their perverted form of government.

trojanchad
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I find apparel promoting other schools far more offensive than any flag I've seen at TROY.

sotstrojan
09-09-2012, 12:38 AM
I find apparel promoting other schools far more offensive than any flag I've seen at TROY.

What he said! :thumb: