PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Cajun Country

Louisiana
09-02-2012, 11:46 PM
First off, I would like to congratulate Troy in their victory over UAB. Anytime you go on the road in college football and leave with a W, your doing something right. I also wanted to wish you guys the best of luck before this weekends HUGE showdown! It should be one hell of a head banger and I seriously think the victor comes out smelling like a rose in late November.

Unfortunately, due to work, I won't be in Troy this weekend. Rest assured a few Cajun faithful will be in attendance, I just can't guess how many.

Anyway, here's to good times and NO INJURIES (a stud RB of ours blew his knee Sat. night). May the best team win!:eatdrink004:

GEAUX LOUISIANA

Chrono124
09-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Nice to hear from the good hearted ppl of UL, I was watching you guys take Lamar to the wood shed yesterday it was quite a game. Sucks to hear about your RB, especially to get hurt in such a one sided win. I will agree with you on the point about the winner, IMO whoever wins this coming weekend will undoubtedly be bowling. Should be a wonderful game and I can't wait to see it, sorry you can't make it but hopefully everyone else has safe travels. :wave:

trojanbrutha
09-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Do y'all wanna hug it out? :taunt003:

JPSousa1898
09-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Louisiana,

I hate you can't be there, but I hope your folks will come in spades and bring some of that GREAT tailgate cuisine! We hope that your fans have safe travels and an awesome time in Troy! May the best team win! (My hope is on Troy though. lol)

Chrono124
09-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Do y'all wanna hug it out? :taunt003:

What? Is it wrong to be nice to someone who took the time to post on our board and express his good will for the game this weekend. Oh I am sorry I forgot we are all supposed to be like the CUSA a-holes and tell everyone to kiss our arses for no apparent reason. I will keep that in mind next time someone post on our board with good intentions, Thank You for reminding me "TrojanBrutha". Maybe we do want to hug it out, You Jelly??

newnan trojan
09-03-2012, 02:32 AM
This is the most exciting conference game on our schedule in my opinion. I respect UL...

PS bring me some Cajun food!!!!

redwaver
09-03-2012, 06:02 AM
First off, I would like to congratulate Troy in their victory over UAB. Anytime you go on the road in college football and leave with a W, your doing something right. I also wanted to wish you guys the best of luck before this weekends HUGE showdown! It should be one hell of a head banger and I seriously think the victor comes out smelling like a rose in late November.

Unfortunately, due to work, I won't be in Troy this weekend. Rest assured a few Cajun faithful will be in attendance, I just can't guess how many.

Anyway, here's to good times and NO INJURIES (a stud RB of ours blew his knee Sat. night). May the best team win!:eatdrink004:

GEAUX LOUISIANA
Well said my friend!:wave:

dgoebel
09-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Any ULL fans who want to bring some good ole LA Gumbo, I won't complain. Look forward to a great game.

Louisiana
09-03-2012, 12:59 PM
What? Is it wrong to be nice to someone who took the time to post on our board and express his good will for the game this weekend. Oh I am sorry I forgot we are all supposed to be like the CUSA a-holes and tell everyone to kiss our arses for no apparent reason. I will keep that in mind next time someone post on our board with good intentions, Thank You for reminding me "TrojanBrutha". Maybe we do want to hug it out, You Jelly??

Yeah no worries, I expect a little beef when posting on other teams message boards. Thanks for the professionalism and good grace!

You know, on paper, I expect this game to be a track meet. But looking deeper b/w the lines, this thing could easily end up a dog fight with little points being scored.

What are your expectations?

Louisiana
09-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Any ULL fans who want to bring some good ole LA Gumbo, I won't complain. Look forward to a great game.

I wouldn't expect any gumbo, that's usual a cold weather dish that does more than just warm up the soul. I'm thinking you'll see a little crawfish etouffee, pulled pork sandwiches, or any of the usual suspects grilled over fire.

I highly recommend welcoming any and all of the Cajun Nation fans with open arms! We are a fun loving bunch who live everyday to enjoy life and eat every meal as if it's our last...damn I wish I could make it!

trojanbrutha
09-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah no worries, I expect a little beef when posting on other teams message boards. Thanks for the professionalism and good grace!

You know, on paper, I expect this game to be a track meet. But looking deeper b/w the lines, this thing could easily end up a dog fight with little points being scored.

What are your expectations?

My understanding is a few players went down for the cajuns...who were they & what will the impact be?

Louisiana
09-03-2012, 01:33 PM
My understanding is a few players went down for the cajuns...who were they & what will the impact be?

Only one of note; RB Montrel Carter, a red shirt freshman who won the starting spot over Sun Belt freshmen of the year Alonzo Harris. This kid had GREAT potential and no doubt was the quickest and fastest player on the team. I know it's a stretch but I would compare this kid to a T.Y. Hilton of running backs. Great field vision and timing complimented his extreme home run speed.

I think the impact in the short term is not that big of a deal. But as the season grows with time we could see a need for his services. We are very deep at RB and Harris and Reed will do just fine. It's just Harris brings the "thunder" if you will, while Carter brought the "lightning".

MRI was this morning and no official word yet but we believe he tore an ACL.

trojanbrutha
09-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Only one of note; RB Montrel Carter, a red shirt freshman who won the starting spot over Sun Belt freshmen of the year Alonzo Harris. This kid had GREAT potential and no doubt was the quickest and fastest player on the team. I know it's a stretch but I would compare this kid to a T.Y. Hilton of running backs. Great field vision and timing complimented his extreme home run speed.

I think the impact in the short term is not that big of a deal. But as the season grows with time we could see a need for his services. We are very deep at RB and Harris and Reed will do just fine. It's just Harris brings the "thunder" if you will, while Carter brought the "lightning".

MRI was this morning and no official word yet but we believe he tore an ACL.

We wish him well. He was here for a while, but it didn't work out for him. I'm praying for a speedy recovery.

Louisiana
09-03-2012, 01:58 PM
We wish him well. He was here for a while, but it didn't work out for him. I'm praying for a speedy recovery.

You must be thinking of another kid. Montrel Carter is from Cecilia, LA (right down the road) and was one of Hud's first commitments.

Thanks for the positive thoughts though!

Bubba the Trojan
09-03-2012, 02:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing Brutha. Maybe another Montrel Carter hangin around?

trojanbrutha
09-03-2012, 02:41 PM
You must be thinking of another kid. Montrel Carter is from Cecilia, LA (right down the road) and was one of Hud's first commitments.

Thanks for the positive thoughts though!

My bad....it was Montrel Conner (sp?)