PDA

View Full Version : Troy Women's Basketball Announces Final Additions to Program

trojanbrutha
08-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Troy Women's Basketball Announces Final Additions to Program (http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2012/8/10/wbb_0810124617.aspx)
Matt Mays
8/10/2012 8:37:00 AM

http://www.troytrojans.com/images/2012/8/10/rp_primary_aDSC_8714.jpg

TROY, Ala. First-year head coach Chanda Rigby and the Troy women's basketball program rounded out their 2012-13 roster on Thursday with the signing of O'Neal Session and Jada Williams.

Also joining the program as a walk-on will be Jakeithia Ware, the younger sister of former Troy football great and 2012 Troy Sports Hall of Fame inductee DeMarcus Ware.

Session comes to Troy after two years in the junior college ranks while Williams and Ware join the Trojans after successful in-state high school careers at Jeff Davis and Auburn, respectively.

tenaciousT
08-10-2012, 09:40 AM
I feel ashamed but this is the first time that I have ever looked at recruiting for Women's BBall.

One thing that stood out to me was
"Williams is rated as a three-star prospect by ESPN.com and was a three-year member of the Alabama Roadrunners of the AAU"

How many, if any 3 star prospects have we had in the past?

dgoebel
08-10-2012, 10:30 AM
A basketball coach at Troy who isn't phobic about recruiting a HS player. This was one of the best hires ever by Troy and I can't wait for her to show what we are capable of in basketball.

JonesOxygen
08-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I have been able to talk with Coach Rigby several times now, she is gonna bring a fire to this program that has never even been thought of. Has she won a game yet, no. But I look forward to the future of Troy ladies hoops.

dgoebel
08-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I have been able to talk with Coach Rigby several times now, she is gonna bring a fire to this program that has never even been thought of. Has she won a game yet, no. But I look forward to the future of Troy ladies hoops.

I second that :eatdrink004:

tenaciousT
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I love that we have another Ware in school now, as well! I guess we can call her J-Ware.

Lego
08-11-2012, 07:29 AM
A basketball coach at Troy who isn't phobic about recruiting a HS player. This was one of the best hires ever by Troy and I can't wait for her to show what we are capable of in basketball.

Amazing what having the guts to make a coaching change and then bringing in coaching talent does for a program !