PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Night life

Doug4Troy
08-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I will be going to Mobile soon and staying downtown. I remember going to "Boo Radley's" on Dauphin St. while down for the bowl game... is it still open and which night (Wed or Thur), is better to go? Any other suggestions for places to eat or play close to the Battlehouse?

tenaciousT
08-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I just gave you a nice long reply, but it was deleted (ahhhh!).

Thursday night is going to be the better night, especially during the school semester.

Don't know your age, but seeing that you are a lifetime Alumni member I assume you are looking for a more "mature" atmosphere. Boo's is more of a college bar- which if that is the atmosphere you are looking for then, that will be good.

A couple more "mature" bars from closest to the Battle House to farthest:
Don't know the name but there is a pretty nice bar pretty much across the street on Dauphin. It is part of a nicer restraunt, but have a nice bar area. It has an all glass front, so shouldn't be hard to find.
Veets is on Royal. I think a few GTT members went there during the bowl game festivities.
Soul Kitchen is a terrible bar, but check the website cause they have a lot of good music that comes in this time of year.
Haberdasher is a newer bar. I went there a couple times right when they first opened. Nice bar, but don't know what kind of crowd frequents though.
The Garage is pretty much a dive bar, pretty ratty, but cool atmostphere. Mix of all ages. It is probably a good 10-15 minute walk from the Battle House, but if you have nothing but time it might be worth the walk. (not directly on Dauphin).
Callaghans is a nicer "dive". It is an "Irish" pub with GREAT burger. They have a lot of good music there. Take a cab.

Doug4Troy
08-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the info. We went to the Brickyard on Thursday night. They had a band play around 10:30.