PDA

View Full Version : Spice= Bad news

Doug4Troy
07-29-2012, 04:31 PM
The spread of Spice: Colleges, NCAA deal with the problem of synthetic marijuana...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/the_spread_of_spice_colleges_n.html

Burn the Horse
07-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Why do they keep calling this stuff "synthetic marijuana?" The two are nothing alike.

tenaciousT
07-29-2012, 05:41 PM
We can ask Michael Dyer about Spice when ASU comes to town in a few months.

Burn the Horse
07-29-2012, 06:00 PM
We can ask Michael Dyer about Spice when ASU comes to town in a few months.

He'll be in street clothes, should be easier to get close to him to ask.

TrojanEmpire
07-29-2012, 08:57 PM
He'll be in street clothes, should be easier to get close to him to ask.

No it won't

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/arkansas_state_dismisses_tailb.html

I would kill to have had half the athletic ability of kids like Dyer and that knucklehead from UGA (Crowell). It just ticks me off to see kids with so much God-given talent just throw it down the toilet to get wasted or to "keep it real."

tenaciousT
07-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Well that was an appropriate time for this thread.

TrojanFanatic
07-29-2012, 10:44 PM
why does it not surprise me that this didn't last? He got kicked off the team, or was going to be, at Auburn, what'd he think? Mal would protect him from doing things against team rules at ASU?

redwaver
07-30-2012, 06:18 AM
No it won't

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/arkansas_state_dismisses_tailb.html

I would kill to have had half the athletic ability of kids like Dyer and that knucklehead from UGA (Crowell). It just ticks me off to see kids with so much God-given talent just throw it down the toilet to get wasted or to "keep it real."
Many of these kids are products of a permissive, excuse making society where they learn to justify stupid choices and laziness. There needs to be a minor league of football for kids who can't qualify for college entrance and these same colleges needs to hold to an admission standard and stop selling their souls! We would all adjust to the "new game" should this ever happen but they will probably always find ways to let these kids play no matter that it denies a DESERVING, QUALIFIED kid a scholarship!

Burn the Horse
07-30-2012, 07:15 AM
While I would LOVE to see a new minor league football division for the kids who can't qualify academically, I doubt we ever see that. The NCAA is a powerful entity that wants complete control over the age-bracket of college age football talent.

I know the UFL exists, and I hear the USFL is returning. Perhaps one of those two leagues will allow college-age players to join up.

redwaver
07-30-2012, 07:19 AM
While I would LOVE to see a new minor league football division for the kids who can't qualify academically, I doubt we ever see that. The NCAA is a powerful entity that wants complete control over the age-bracket of college age football talent.

I know the UFL exists, and I hear the USFL is returning. Perhaps one of those two leagues will allow college-age players to join up.
You got that right!:-)

Hemi Man
07-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Somehow I thought this thread was speaking of the Spice network before I clicked on it.

Doug4Troy
07-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Somehow I thought this thread was speaking of the Spice network before I clicked on it.

Admit it, you were hoping for an article about the Spice Girls.

Hemi Man
07-30-2012, 05:38 PM

Hmmmmmmm.......Baby Spice...........Posh Spice........Sporty Spice.

redwaver
07-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Oh my, we strayed again! When you are 70+ you are lucky if you remember what day it is much less remember a subject. Spice? Of life? Old Spice? Rosemary and Thyme? Spicy food (ie gas). On with the Spice talk, sorry about that, may forgiveness reign.:rollinglaugh:

Hemi Man
07-30-2012, 07:42 PM

Oh my, we strayed again! When you are 70+ you are lucky if you remember what day it is much less remember a subject. Spice? Of life? Old Spice? Rosemary and Thyme? Spicy food (ie gas). On with the Spice talk, sorry about that, may forgiveness reign.:rollinglaugh:

Hey, by the time it gets to page to its almost a given that it will stray!!! Haha

Doug4Troy
07-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Hey, by the time it gets to page to its almost a given that it will stray!!! Haha

Everone, well most everyone takes these things light hearted. The point is the we should laugh at the things that are funny, whether it is at our expense or not. Change what we the fans CAN change to make Troy better ( attandance, donations, volunteer to assist with a special project, wear Troy gear, talk to anyone who will listen, assissistance with fundraising events...

Now toget this thread back on track, spice it bad news for anyone. Also Bath Salts, meth,heroine. They will kill a program