PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Commits

dgoebel
07-17-2012, 09:02 AM
7 HS commits is a great start. My only concern is they are all offensive. With all our defensive problems I am wondering why we aren't getting some HS defensive commits or are we just looking at JUCo's on the defensive side? Anyone have any insight? Regardless, I think we are back to getting some good HS players and it looks like most qualified from last year so that is a great sign.

Discophobia
07-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Yeah, we need to juice up the defense. We are loading up on Juco guys in the secondary. We need a good mix of Juco and High School. Maybe they are just waiting until we get a new DC to commit.

trojanbrutha
07-25-2012, 10:03 AM
TROY is standing pat at 10 commitments before fall camp starts. This is very good considering we usually just have one or two at this point in the year. I believe the only commit we had, at this point last year, was Shaq Beverly.

We are on some very good HS defensive linemen, but the likelihood of landing them is low. IF we get one or two of them we'd be fortunate. For whatever reason this is, juco d linemen do fit the bill from a numbers standpoint, but the mystic of Osi and DWare is waning. Hopefully the new banners will help with that aspect of recruiting linemen.

Keep up the good work and continue the grind, coaches.

dgoebel
07-25-2012, 04:11 PM
The rest of college football is finding HS DL, why can't Troy. Ohio U. and Western Michicigan came in to Ocala the last 3 years and got two good ones. I don't know if Troy recruited them or not but the one at Ohio U is getting NFL attention for next season. The juco DL are good players, but we only get 1-2 years from them. I just wish we could get some from HS who could be in the system for 4-5 years. Hopefully we get some D commits soon. But, I agree, recruiting is off to a great start and this group looks great, especially the OL commits. Their clips, they are big, mobil, and aggressive. Great job to all the coaches, keep it up and Go Trojans!!!