PDA

View Full Version : Black Out

BirminghamTrojan
10-08-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't know if anyone's watching, but Penn State did something very similiar to what we are doing with Fla Int.

They had a 'white-out the buckeyes' theme tonight and all of the students wore white shirts. It looks impressive on tv and the announcers have been talking about it.

Also, is anyone donating $125 to receive the jersey?
If so, who did you talk to and do you get a choice of player?

vosottroy
10-08-2005, 11:54 PM
I emailed one of the guys in the athletic department with a few questions and got them all answered and in a timely manner:

1. Yes, you can choose which player you want, but of course there is only one jersey from each player. So if you want someone specific (like Meadows :wink: ) you might want to go ahead and reserve it.

2. The game-worn jersey will be cleaned after the game and the player who the jersey belonged to will actually sign it for you!!

I need to go ahead and make a decision as to the jersey I want. It should look good framed next to my signed D. Ware jersey.

BMarkey
10-08-2005, 11:58 PM
That's great! A jersey in a frame along with a good picture of that player in action would be even better.

vosottroy
10-09-2005, 02:08 AM
Good call BMarkey. I really need to decide which one I want now so I can purchase one of those sweet action pics of yours to go along with it!!! I was thinking Adrian Ghent's jersey because he is a little guy like myself and I always wore #3 when I played sports (favorite player growing up was Dale Murphy :) ). Would you happen to have any action shots of him, and if so, where could I sneek a peek at them??

BMarkey
10-09-2005, 09:16 AM
I can't find any pics of him at North Texas. I recall that he played, right? He was hurt, I know.

D1Trojan4U
10-09-2005, 02:07 PM
yeah....if you're wanting a jersey- I would think that they are going fast...I purchased one on Friday, and had to go to my third number choice- and neither of the first two numbers were ones I would consider "prominent" (by either number or player popularity)

troystfan
10-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah, the Penn State "white-out" did look impressive. The entire student section, which was huge, was a sea of white.

Hopefully, our black-out will be as eye catching. Well, as eye catching as it can be with the number of fans that show to see us play FIU on a Thurs night.

Of course, they will have to play a little "Back in Black." Maybe they could play the opening rif to that song on 3rd downs to fire up the crowd for our defense. It would be nice to have a unique 3rd down cue.

Sarahbelle
10-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Well, I had originally not planned on attending this game, but I really like the promotion, so I've bought my blackout t-shirt and will be there.

I hope there are a lot more like me who will attend for the promotion and/or to honor Al Lucas.

Nice Trojan
10-10-2005, 10:17 AM
yeah....if you're wanting a jersey- I would think that they are going fast...I purchased one on Friday, and had to go to my third number choice- and neither of the first two numbers were ones I would consider "prominent" (by either number or player popularity)

I didn't get my first choice, but got my second choice. Since I can not attend the game, I am glad to even get a jersey. I thought they would be selling out early.