PDA

View Full Version : Changes to the front page of the website.

Troy87
07-10-2012, 03:08 PM
It's been a little over a year since I took over ownership of GTT, and we have seen a lot of changes in the board, and there has been a lot of growth.

I know there are still a lot of you who have bookmarks directly into the forums, but I want to urge you to utilize the front page www.gotroytrojans.com as your bookmark in the future. You'll see changes happening more regularly in the future, which means if you don't go through the front page, you might miss something. Perhaps a new video produced by one of own members like TroyFootball05 did with the Receivers Highlight Video. Or maybe an opinion poll, or a guest columnist, or who knows what else.

Some of the changes you'll see on the new front page:
You can now access the specific forums directly from the front page. If you run your mouse over the button titled "Forums" in the row of buttons below the countdown timer, each of the major forums comes up and you can access that specific forum from there, instead of going to the message board front page. You can still get to the message board front page by going to the very top of the front page and there is a button "Message Board Front Page" that will take you there.

News items have been moved to a secondary page and you access it by clicking on the section "News from the Trojan Empire and Beyond". Once you go to that page you'll see news items from the Troy Athletic Department, the Sunbelt Conference, ESPN and Sports Illustrated.

In the "Next up for the Trojans" section, as we approach each opponent in the Football Season, we have a little historical info, and a link to the opponents message board(s) so we can go visit our opponents' fans the week leading up to the game.

In the lower right corner of the front page is the National Alumni section. There is a link to a page listing all the upcoming Alumni events as provided by the Alumni Office. If you have a chapter event, please contact Andrew in the Alumni Office or send us your event gtt@msllc.gccoxmail.com and we'll put it on the list, as well as coordinate it with the Alumni Office.

The live chat, which became so popular last season, is still available, however, it's been moved to a secondary page. To access it, there is a button at the very top left of the front page which will take you there.

I also want to mention a couple of things that are coming soon. As I mentioned earlier, we will have guest columnists writing some articles and opinions. We are also adding a new merchandise vendor in the next couple weeks, so look for them under the "Merchandise" button. And as always, if there are some things you would like to see on GTT, let us know. We will consider and appreciate every critique, contribution, and comment.

Finally, I would like to point out some information to business owners who might have an interest in advertising on GTT. Click on the "Advertise Here" button, or go to www.trojanwarriors.org/GTTAdvertising.html and you will find pertinent demographic data on the past year's activity for GTT. There are some advertising spots expiring in the next 30 days (July/August), and the fall is the most active time of the year on GoTroyTrojans.com.

Thanks for a great first year.

Keith Sims
Troy87

Mr.E_205_Legion
07-10-2012, 04:45 PM
I know there are still a lot of you who have bookmarks directly into the forums, but I want to urge you to utilize the front page www.gotroytrojans.com as your bookmark in the future. You'll see changes happening more regularly in the future, which means if you don't go through the front page, you might miss something.

Keith I like the new front page and think as you have mentioned in the past and reminded everyone again here today it is important that everyone bookmark it instead of the forum page. It is my belief that the new page will be a better fit for those using smaller devices. I basically use a ten inch netbook most of the time and Jason will be pleased to know that now his ad appears with limited scrolling down.

In the "Next up for the Trojans" section, as we approach each opponent in the Football Season, we have a little historical info, and a link to the opponents message board(s) so we can go visit our opponents' fans the week leading up to the game.

IF FOR NO OTHER REASON people should bookmark the front page for this feature - GREAT IDEA that I am sure members of this website will wear out during the season!!

I KNOW you are still tweeking the new site, but have we changed the UAB game to a midnight game :rolleyes: I know it is a MINOR issue, but the countdown clock is a daily ritual for most of us faithful.

Bottom line, I appreciate all that you do to make this website an important part of each members connection to Troy! THANK YOU!!!