Troy 345.2
Middle Tennessee 346.8
Arkansas State 406.0
FIU 428.0
ULM 431.0
North Texas 442.5
FAU 448.6
ULL 451.0

I find it very interesting that as much bashing as MTSU has done on their forums about our offense, they are actually ranked lower than us in total offense. That includes a game against North Texas for both of us.

Hmmm.....I hope we're ready for the ULM offense.

GO TROY!!

nasupporter
10-06-2005, 10:52 PM
I also hope we are ready for the ULM game.
We have got to move the ball some through the air,,
Every Team in the conference will come to stop the run wtih their whole "D" 3 yards from the line. Soon folks will put enough people up front to stop the run and we will have to be able to get on the corners and/or throw. Monroe will be big for us and a win would boost the confidence level of this team enough to take us to a showdown with either Ark.ST. or MTSU for the conference crown. Whats the old saying about "the biggest game is the next game" Surely our coaches and players will not start looking ahead as most of us fans do.

BMarkey
10-06-2005, 11:15 PM
I saw Monroe close up and still think Troy should blow it (them) out.

FAU really should have won its Monroe game (if not for a bizarre INT on the final play, FAU could be 2-0) and it was much smaller and had less depth.

Troy's defense should drill the mobile Monroe QB into the ground a couple of times and cover that one tall receiver and the game should belong to the Trojans.

Fingers crossed. :)

Arrowhead
10-07-2005, 06:30 PM
I hope your team thinks that about ULM too. I watched the Troy-UNT game too and wasn't very impressed. I do think that Troy can beat us, but I think it will be a heck of a game and expect us to win. I may be wrong, but I definitely don't see a Troy blow out. I don't think you offense can put up enough points to blow anyone out and we WILL score points. Wish us luck against the Hogs this weekend and we'll see you in Monroe next Saturday!

BMarkey
10-07-2005, 10:10 PM
What the offense can't do the defense will. I'll give the "D" 14 points against ULM. :)

BlueRaiderPride
10-08-2005, 08:45 AM
TOTAL OFFENSE Yds/G
Arkansas State 403.4
FIU 378.8
ULL 375.2
ULM 327.4
FAU 277.2
Troy 272.2
Middle Tennessee 240.0
North Texas 198.2

TOTAL DEFENSE Yds/G
Troy 345.2
Middle Tennessee 346.8
Arkansas State 406.0
FIU 428.0
ULM 431.0
North Texas 442.5
FAU 448.6
ULL 451.0

I find it very interesting that as much bashing as MTSU has done on their forums about our offense, they are actually ranked lower than us in total offense. That includes a game against North Texas for both of us.

Hmmm.....I hope we're ready for the ULM offense.

GO TROY!!

I must've missed those threads on MTSU's forums, because I haven't seen any bashings on Troy except when the Troy poster came over saying that they'd beat the crap out of us this year when that guy should've had Troy's next opponent on his mind rather than us.

Don't be deceived by these figures either. When you factor Strength of Schedule Florida Atlantic goes directly to the top of the list, followed by Middle Tennessee, and then Louisiana-Monroe. Had Troy been able to hold onto the Iowa State opener it wouldn't changed that perception, but I feel the Cal Poly-SLO game has greatly assisted in inflating those figures in Troy's favor.

And what we're starting to find out now is just how bad that loss to South Carolina makes Troy look.

Still, I see the conference title game coming down to the Battle for the Palladium. That would be great exposure for the conference because that game would most likely pull a very lucrative spot on television especially considering that hardly anyone else is playing that late in the season. If the conference crown does come down to MTSU/Troy, then you can bank nationally televised audience for the game.

BMarkey
10-08-2005, 11:43 AM
A national game would be great.

But first the Blue Raiders have to get by pesky FAU this week. I have been enjoying the FAU-MTSU banter on:

http://fausports.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=general

TrojanWar
10-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Wish us luck against the Hogs this weekend and we'll see you in Monroe next Saturday!

No way, no how ULM will even play my Hogs within 3 TD's. Troy will face a very beat up ULM team next week. Arkansas is looking to take out their frustrations and ULM is the target. Arkansas might be down, but they are still the most physical team in the SEC. They have the biggest o-line in the SEC. I predict Arkansas will end up with over 300 yards rushing.

TrojanWar
10-09-2005, 11:31 AM
44-15. 321 yards rushing for the Hogs. Damn, I'm good! Jyles was so bad he got benched. ULM scored 15 points (7 on the third teamers) on one of the worst defenses in all of D1A football. Against the first teamers, ULM got a safety and scored a TD, but missed the extra point.

Troy will not need the passing game against ULM. We should be able to play just like we did against North Texas and go home victors. That's all Arkansas did. Also, Troy's defense is much better than the Arkansas defense so ULM will continue to struggle offensively. I feel much better about the game next weekend considering Troy plays the same brand of football that Arkansas plays right now. Both teams can't find a safe passing game and both teams have the ability to run the football at will.

ULM, I hope you enjoyed that brief stay at the top of the Sun Belt, because you won't see the top again this year!

GO TROJANS!!!!!!!

ermis33
10-09-2005, 06:21 PM
44-15. 321 yards rushing for the Hogs. Damn, I'm good! Jyles was so bad he got benched

NO JYles was removed from the game because it was out of hand for one. And 2 he slightly rolled his ankle and it wasnt worth risking it any further. ULM had 330 yards of offense but 15 penalties and a crucial fumble opened the flood gates. I wont talk about this weekends game because I can see that its already over according to you guys.

ermis33
10-09-2005, 07:08 PM
Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:14 pm Post subject:

I saw Monroe close up and still think Troy should blow it (them) out.

FAU really should have won its Monroe game (if not for a bizarre INT on the final play, FAU could be 2-0) and it was much smaller and had less depth.

Troy's defense should drill the mobile Monroe QB into the ground a couple of times and cover that one tall receiver and the game should belong to the Trojans.

Fingers crossed.

I have read several of your post now and Im really confused as to why you think ULM is small. I did a little research cuz I needed to find out what you were talking about. You say the ULM team is really small and that Troy should blow them away in another one.

Troy's O-Line Averages(Starters) 6'3 293
2 sr's and 3 jr's

ULM's O-Line Averages(Starters) 6'3 295
3 Fr's and 2 Soph's

Troy's TE
6'5 267(more of a run blocker)

ULM's TE
6'2 225(First on the team in Rec)

Troy's WR's(get open but have no one to get them the ball)
6'1 175 JR
6'1 175 JR
5'10 192 SO
6'2 199 JR

ULM's WR's(we have thrown to 17 diff recievers)
6'6 218 JR
6'4 218 JR
6'3 195 SR
6'1 175 FR
5'11 182 SR

Troy's Defensive Line Averages(Starters)
6'2 248

ULM's Defensive Line Averages(Starters)
6'3 263

Troy's LB's Averages(Starters LOLB, MLB, ROLB)
6'1 212

ULM's LB's Averages(Starters LOLB, MLB, ROLB)
6'0 227

Troy's Defensive Backs(CB, CB, SS, FS)
5'10 187

ULM's Defensive Backs(CB, CB, SS, FS)
6'1 198

The only noticable difference in the starters are the running backs. You guys run north south and have 2 bruisers where as ULM runs east west with 2 scat backs.

I dont see much difference in the teams size wise.

TrojanWar
10-09-2005, 07:57 PM
ULM can't stop the run. As long as our Stallions are healthy, we should have no trouble racking up the yards. I told you Arkansas would run for over 300 yards, and they did. Think about that stat. Not 321 yards of total offense, but rushing offense. I am very confident going into the Monroe game for many reasons. If Troy plays smart and does not turn the ball over, it really could turn into a blow out. Jiles went out because the game was well out of hand and he was not effective. They were trying to see if the backup could do any better. I listened to the ULM radio broadcast, so that is coming from their announcers. ULM will have several players sore this week and slowed in practice. We couldn't have scheduled them at a better time.

ermis33
10-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Jiles

Not sure "who" that is.

IF you listened to the broadcast you would know that Arkansas was bringing 5-6 every play and we couldnt block them causing Jyles to throw off his back foot all night. Lancaster came and did a good job of running the football but not passing. At 44-8 in the third quarter what do you have to gain by leaving your qb in the game? [/b]

D1Trojan4U
10-10-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm glad you spent so much time on your calculator figuring out the average height and weight of our players. Based on your stellar math skills alone- I've decided that we have no shot at winning this game whatsoever. The fact that you've "thrown to" 17 different recievers also does not impress me- it basically means that you can't find anyone to catch the ball- except your TE.

Come Saturday, I'll tell you how many points you lost by- without the help of a calculator.

ermis33
10-10-2005, 07:48 AM
I'm glad you spent so much time on your calculator figuring out the average height and weight of our players. Based on your stellar math skills alone- I've decided that we have no shot at winning this game whatsoever. The fact that you've "thrown to" 17 different recievers also does not impress me- it basically means that you can't find anyone to catch the ball- except your TE.

Come Saturday, I'll tell you how many points you lost by- without the help of a calculator.

I should be surprised you didnt read all the threads but coming from you I'm not. There was a reason for the number's but If I have to explain it to you...

TrojanWar
10-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Jiles

Not sure "who" that is.

IF you listened to the broadcast you would know that Arkansas was bringing 5-6 every play and we couldnt block them causing Jyles to throw off his back foot all night. Lancaster came and did a good job of running the football but not passing. At 44-8 in the third quarter what do you have to gain by leaving your qb in the game? [/b]

You don't think Troy will watch video of the Arkansas game? Troy's defense is tons better than what you saw at Arkansas. I know both teams VERY well, so trust me when I tell you that if you struggled against Arkansas, you will have next to no offense against Troy and "Double Trouble."

So I spelled the QB's name wrong. Big deal. Obviously you knew who I was speaking of, so the "who" comment was lame.

D1Trojan4U
10-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, as a matter of fact emris (sic) <see...you use sic when- Newvermind If I have to explain it to you...> Back to the point- your post with the complete breakdown of average height and weight also contained a quote from another poster which contained no claims of our team being bigger than yours. Thus, it made no sense- so I don't know "why" you did it when it really has little bearing on the outcome in the game IMO.

Finally, get off your high horse about us being able to spell your QB's name correctly. Give me some time and I can calculate for you the probability that he will not be able to spell it correctly either at some point on Saturday.

ermis33
10-10-2005, 02:59 PM
*rolls eyes* what a imbecile

D1Trojan4U
10-10-2005, 06:45 PM
we do have *roll eyes* graphics available for your use to your left (which is <----- that way) when you reply.

ksdtrojan
10-11-2005, 07:45 AM
:roll:
And this is what it looks like.
Wow! :shock: