PDA

View Full Version : Troy Tag

Doug4Troy
06-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Got a new truck (well, new to me), and I just reserved a personalized Troy tag for it.

It will read "DOUG4," with Troy University underneath of course. Just like my board name: DOUG4TROY! I know, I know... I am lame. Lol

dgoebel
06-23-2012, 02:23 PM
I only wish I could get a Troy tag...but I live in Florida :sad010:

JPSousa1898
06-23-2012, 11:55 PM
In the epicenter of Jax State territory: Troy tag- Sousa (My nickname!)

A slam on JSU in a couple of ways! I love it! :thumb:

TrojanFanatic
06-24-2012, 12:52 AM
I only wish I could get a Troy tag...but I live in Florida :sad010:

How do current students get one then? I thought that any student could get them...and that meant anyone.....

PCTrojan
06-24-2012, 08:46 AM
How do current students get one then? I thought that any student could get them...and that meant anyone.....

These are Alabama plates and you must be a resident of Alabama to obtain and brandish the plate on the back of your car.

TrojanFanatic
06-24-2012, 11:16 AM
That's not cool. Yet another way Troy is charging out of state students more money

dgoebel
06-24-2012, 11:45 AM
That's not cool. Yet another way Troy is charging out of state students more money

Not really. They told us at Impact that if you had a Troy tag your parking sticker was free, but the tag cost $50 extra so it evens itself out.

BDM88
06-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Here in Tennessee they do have "specialty plates for out of state colleges" I have seen Bama for sure. Some states offer these if enough demand is given. Maybe if you can get enough support they can add it.

TrojanFanatic
06-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Not really. They told us at Impact that if you had a Troy tag your parking sticker was free, but the tag cost $50 extra so it evens itself out.

The plate money goes to scholarships, and I don't actually see it going to the...illustrious campus police department, so it's worth it to me not to have to deal with them.

troyfan
06-25-2012, 09:12 AM
I just renewed my tag on my new vehicle as well. I would prefer when they got the new design, they would have changed to the swords and shield logo. But I know the reason for the trojan head.

SOTSButterfly
06-25-2012, 09:32 AM
I don't like the Trojan head, and the tag looks pink. :(
I have a Helping Schools tag that says "S4TROY". :thumb:

Troy87
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Here in Tennessee they do have "specialty plates for out of state colleges" I have seen Bama for sure. Some states offer these if enough demand is given. Maybe if you can get enough support they can add it.

In Florida, there are no other universities that have specialty plates other than universities in Florida. Frankly, the deck is stacked against anyone trying to get something like that approved too.

In Florida, to add a specialty plate, you have to put up a $10,000 deposit, AND submit a petition with commitments of 10,000 plates to be purchased by Florida residents.

Doug4Troy
06-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Paid for my tag today. They said it would take 6-8 weeks for it to arrive. One thing I did not realize, no extra charge for it to be personalized.

RDA Trojan
06-26-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't like the Trojan head, and the tag looks pink. :(
I have a Helping Schools tag that says "S4TROY". :thumb:

Do they still look pink, even after the "new" design? Hard to tell from the website, but I was thinking the black at the top instead of the red just fading all to white would help. I might be getting a new plate soon anyways so I'd like to know how they look in person and I just haven't seen one.

Any of you want to snap a pic for me?

Doug4Troy
06-26-2012, 08:07 PM
If it supports Troy, I am willing to buy the "pink" tag.

Troybaseball8652
06-28-2012, 11:49 AM
These specialized Troy tags are ugly and I hate them. I don't understand why the Troy shield isn't used. The Trojan head and the stupid Troy Trojan man used by most of the networks for TV is ugly and embarrassing. Nobody recognizes it...

Doug4Troy
07-17-2012, 08:26 PM
The tag is in... don't hate me 'cause it's beautiful.

Mr.E_205_Legion
07-17-2012, 08:56 PM
The tag is in... don't hate me 'cause it's beautiful.

PERFECT! Congratulations on the new recruiting tool. Keep us posted on how many people make contact with you due to your tag. I hope for the purposes of showing off your new tag you have a long commute.

Spiritual_Trojan
07-18-2012, 12:52 AM
These specialized Troy tags are ugly and I hate them. I don't understand why the Troy shield isn't used. The Trojan head and the stupid Troy Trojan man used by most of the networks for TV is ugly and embarrassing. Nobody recognizes it...

The Trojan head used on the plate is the academics logo, so since the take is for general scholarships it get the academic logo.

Spiritual_Trojan
07-18-2012, 12:55 AM
The plate money goes to scholarships, and I don't actually see it going to the...illustrious campus police department, so it's worth it to me not to have to deal with them.

I think their point was against the idea of out of state students being charged more because they cant get a plant.