PDA

View Full Version : Put meadows on the bench!!

TUpimp
10-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Listen guys, I'm going to be blount about this, Meadows sucks. He can't scramble, he sits in the pocket way too long, he gets sacked even when he has good protection, he can't find receivers that are open, he just doesn't play smart. As many quarterbacks as we have I know there is someone that can atleast do some of things better than Carl. It just pissed me off to watch him play the other night.
I say we try Dockery atleast for a half and see if he can make things happen, or put Jason Grant in. Do something because if Carl keeps playing this way we won't win the sunbelt.

tsugrad89
10-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Grant and that other walk-on aren't even in the top three. Why do people keep calling for them when it's clear that Dockery is better? If anyone else starts,it will be Dockery. Maybe he should be the one that leads us.

TUpimp
10-06-2005, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't necessarily saying Jason Grant should play, I said to put Dockery in. I'm just saying try somebody else besides Carl.

Big Time Football
10-06-2005, 06:27 PM
Grant is redshirted. I don't see any other QBs on the team who were offered scholarships by two SEC teams. The coaches expected two juniors with experience to get the job done. And one of them might. By the way, don't think the three traveling or dressing are necessarily the best. But if you want to see the best QBs, go watch them on the Scout Team against our number one defense. Don't take my source's word for it, go see for yourself, and then tell me who are the better QBs.

All that aside, who the coaches decide to play is who the coaches decide to play. The results are the results. And, don't bash the other QBs for coaches decisions.

Big Time Football
10-06-2005, 06:50 PM
And, don't you think LB has thought this through. You are in a slightly down year with a lot of young, inexperienced players. Why would you burn a useless year for a kid when you want to develop him to be competitive in the coming four years when you take on some of the most ambitious schedules we have had. And, we could be defending conference champions and have reached a second bowl going into another year with a much more seasoned and experienced team. Frankly, if I were Grant, I would be pissed if they wasted me this year. He needs to stay on the Scout Team and keep tearing it up there learning all he can learn and developing incredible confidence.

I do think Dockery needs to play. I don't understand why they don't give him an opportunity. I don't think he could do worse. But, I ain't the coach.

tsugrad89
10-07-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm all for Dockery gettin' in there. He's older and has already played. Plus, I don't think Julian Foster will burn the redshirt unless injuries happen.

TUTrojan
10-07-2005, 07:49 AM
When he only had like eight carries?

Maybe they will suddenly decide to let one of the freshman QB's in for one series this year just to burn a year for them too.

tsugrad89
10-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Dockery threw the ball 14 times and threw a touchdown against Missouri

TUTrojan
10-07-2005, 01:01 PM
He isn't a freshman through- he is a JUCO transfer.

tsugrad89
10-07-2005, 01:04 PM
I know, I said in a post higher up that he's older