PDA

View Full Version : Troy adds point guard signee

Hemi Man
05-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Troy finished its five-player recruiting class with the signing of College of Central Florida point guard Hunter Williams.

http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2012/05/troy-adds-point-guard-signee.html?m=1

dgoebel
05-19-2012, 10:10 AM
I know this player as he played here in Ocala at my kids high school. This is an excellent pick up. His HS coach I went to school with and he runs a great program, they play a fast paced press style of play. Hunter is a great 3 point shooter and plays 110%. A great pick up and a good character kid also.

CHughes1102
05-19-2012, 12:39 PM
What does High School mean?

Is that even such a thing?

redwaver
05-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Troy finished its five-player recruiting class with the signing of College of Central Florida point guard Hunter Williams.

http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2012/05/troy-adds-point-guard-signee.html?m=1
Do we not recruit/sign any high school kids anymore or does that come later in BB?

dgoebel
05-19-2012, 03:01 PM
That would involve putting effort into recruiting. It has killed our BB program because we are in constant rebuilding every year.

redwaver
05-19-2012, 03:09 PM
That would involve putting effort into recruiting. It has killed our BB program because we are in constant rebuilding every year.
I mean heck, I see why no kids even have Troy on their radar. We have some darn good BB players in the Troy recruiting area, why not try to get one or two. Unreal!

TrojanEmpire
05-19-2012, 07:55 PM

What he said

dgoebel
05-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I mean heck, I see why no kids even have Troy on their radar. We have some darn good BB players in the Troy recruiting area, why not try to get one or two. Unreal!

It comes down to do you want to watch 20 JC's or 200 HS. We have chosen the juco route and we are the cellar dwellers of the Sun Belt. Like Hunter Williams we signed from CF here, we could have signed him out of HS and he would have experience in D1 right now.

Da Scout
05-20-2012, 12:47 PM
The kid can probably play but it will still look the same. We will shoot threes, play done all game, get outrebounded, opposing team have best shooting game, play 4 guards, and lose. The philosophy needs to change. I have never seen a team with so many guards. Our small forwards and power forwards are guards.

dgoebel
05-20-2012, 01:08 PM
I agree. All I heard was how out sized we were and we sign 3 guards, a small forward and a undersized center????

CHughes1102
05-20-2012, 03:16 PM
I agree. All I heard was how out sized we were and we sign 3 guards, a small forward and a undersized center????

Lmao it's a joke.

Buzz Lightyear
05-21-2012, 07:25 AM
I know many of you are disappointed with another JUCO kid but this kid is DYNOMITE as that guy use to say......He can shoot and play.....and will be the best player at Troy that you guys have seen in a while......watched several games in his career at Central and guaranteeeeeeee he will probably be better than Vogler was here. Vogler played at Chipola as a substitute and was good this kid is tough and GOOD with a capital G....

dgoebel
05-21-2012, 08:19 AM
I know many of you are disappointed with another JUCO kid but this kid is DYNOMITE as that guy use to say......He can shoot and play.....and will be the best player at Troy that you guys have seen in a while......watched several games in his career at Central and guaranteeeeeeee he will probably be better than Vogler was here. Vogler played at Chipola as a substitute and was good this kid is tough and GOOD with a capital G....

I agree on Hunter Williams. I live in Ocala and have seen him play also. I just wish we could start getting these kids out of HS and get 4 years out of them. Hunter played for Steve Powell at Forest who I went to HS with and Steve runs a disciplined, hard nosed program. They made another long run this year and we need to start recruiting this HS and others.

I will be shocked if Hunter does not start for Troy next year. He hustles, can shoot, and gets the ball to people. A Great addition