PDA

View Full Version : City of Troy Mayor Race

trojanchad
05-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Anyone know anything about the challenger Jason Reeves? (http://www.troymessenger.com/2012/05/11/councilman-reeves-announces-candidacy-for-mayor/)

He's been a city councilman for quite some time and was SGA President at Troy University.

I like what he has to say in his news release. Maybe he could build a better working relationship between the city and the University as has been discussed on this board before.

I'm in no way campaigning. I didn't even know we had a mayor race coming up until this morning. Just curious if GTT'ers have any insight.

TrojanWarrior418
05-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Anyone know anything about the challenger Jason Reeves? (http://www.troymessenger.com/2012/05/11/councilman-reeves-announces-candidacy-for-mayor/)

He's been a city councilman for quite some time and was SGA President at Troy University.

I like what he has to say in his news release. Maybe he could build a better working relationship between the city and the University as has been discussed on this board before.

I'm in no way campaigning. I didn't even know we had a mayor race coming up until this morning. Just curious if GTT'ers have any insight.

Not that I'm campaigning either but Mayor Lundsford has been a supporter (one way or another) of Troy University.

goe1975
05-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Is Jimmy running again? I thought he was retiring (again). If so, will Jason run unopposed?

goe1975
05-13-2012, 10:41 PM

Unless I personally know them (and I don't know any), I don't trust any politicians. I don't understand why anyone would want to be in a political position unless they are simply on a power trip. If you want to help out your community, there are plenty of other things you can do that don't involve being an authority figure.

JonesOxygen
05-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Jimmy has decided to run again. I think highly of both men. Jason is a friend of mine and obviously my choice. I don't think Mayor Lunsford has done a bad job at all, I also think the relationship between city and University is good, but I believe Jason will improve that relationship as well has have plenty of vision for the future of Troy.

Burn the Horse
05-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Troy needs someone in office that will bring in businesses that college students want. If Troy were more like the city of Auburn the University would explode. The biggest thing holding the school back is the town sucks, there is NOTHING to do for the kids and that drives a lot of potential students away.

Truth hurts sometimes, but there it is.

TrojanFanatic
05-14-2012, 10:44 PM
I agree with BTH. We have three pizza places, three Chinese places, roughly 6 fast food joints, two ice cream parlors (yes 32 degrees is frozen yogurt, but I honestly don't know the difference), then a few more joints. We have a movie theater WAY out of town and a few small shops with a Wal-Mart to tie it all together. We need something to pull college kids AND younger kids, I mean, who doesn't like Laser Tag? There's a lot of things that COULD be brought in, but the City of Troy has to find WHO wants to come in (terrible demographics, let's be honest) how much they can/want to spend, and then a place to put the thing where lot rent isn't sky high.

JonesOxygen
05-15-2012, 08:26 AM
How about all of you open these businesses and quit waiting on someone else to do it. IF you think they will work, take a chance!

PCTrojan
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
I would personally love to open a local, homemade pizza joint downtown next to WTBF on the square, but like most people in my position I do not have the capital and I am not in a position to be able to acquire the funds to do so. I will have to hope someone in a better position than I can bring something like this to the town.

TrojanFanatic
05-16-2012, 12:41 AM
I agree with PCT, I would love to open a family entertainment shop, skating rink/arcade, but I don't have the capital to do so. I think that it could be a big boost if the right person opened and managed it

Cane gone Trojan
05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
He is a great guy and would make a great mayor. I think he would unite the City of Troy with Troy University and they would become alot more supportive of each other than they are now. I think Troy would become alot more of a D1 college town if he is elected mayor.IMO

JonesOxygen
06-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Breaking news.
Lunsford announced today he will not seek re-election.

Troy87
06-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Breaking news.
Lunsford announced today he will not seek re-election.

Weeeelllllllll Now! Isn't that interesting?

Did someone remind him of his promise?

JPSousa1898
06-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Weeeelllllllll Now! Isn't that interesting?

Did someone remind him of his promise?

Which promise is that sir?

Troy87
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Which promise is that sir?

At a point earlier in this current term, he said it was his last term, and would not be running again.

JPSousa1898
06-03-2012, 01:15 AM
Ah! I didn't know of this promise. :)