PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State to Sun Belt?

quietstorm
05-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Any thoughts? Ready set go.....

JPSousa1898
05-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Bring em and whup em!

troy4ever21
05-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Uh......... No.

TrojanWarrior418
05-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Why do we always bring this topic up? No no and oh hell no. The old rivalry is dead and we need to accept that. Lets focus on winning our conference and knocking off some AQ schools.

quietstorm
05-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Why do we always bring this topic up? No no and oh hell no. The old rivalry is dead and we need to accept that. Lets focus on winning our conference and knocking off some AQ schools.

Me personally. I'm just curious about the future of the Sun Belt. Move have to be made especially if we get raided again. I don't think the raiding is over. If we loose schools we must find replacements. I'm just throwing out different schools to get Trojan Nation's opinion.

Burn the Horse
05-12-2012, 10:55 PM
if you posted this over on SunBeltbbs.com you would get laughed off the website. :laughing021:

quietstorm
05-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Alrighty then. So Jack State is off the table

Troy87
05-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Frankly, I'd love to see Jax St. become a rival again, but I'm not going to advocate their move up to FBS or to the Sunbelt, because they are not the best answer for the Sunbelt right now.

Ga. Southern and App St. are the two best FCS options for the Sunbelt, IF, and only IF that's the approach the Sunbelt takes, IF they decide to expand further.

Right now, we maintain 10 schools with the addition of Tx. St. and Ga. St. If it's the decision to go to 12 schools, AND it's the decision to add FCS to do it, then Ga. Southern and App St. would be my choices.

It would be preferable to get existing FBS teams, but with CUSA and Big East fishing for existing teams, it's unlikely there will be any available, except the remaining WAC fallouts (NMSU & Idaho).

I think the Sunbelt is in a hold position waiting to see if any other teams do get grabbed, and will only add right now, if other teams get poached.

Burn the Horse
05-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Jax State is currently right where they belong. Let them stay in FCS, we don't need them in the Sun Belt or in FBS. If they want to renew the rivalry they are welcome to come to Troy and play us, but we aren't going to return the trip...we're better than that.

I'd love to play the Gamecocks Inside the Walls, I think the attendance would be good and we could use an easy win each season. I'm all for that. :thumb:

Rette
05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
This could prove interesting concerning JSU's FBS future.

Marsh said hed like to see Jacksonville State focus on moving in a new direction.

I really would like concentration on the academic side. I think in the past there has been a lot of emphasis on the athletic side, Marsh said.

http://www.annistonstar.com/view/full_story/18363254/article-Senate-to-consider-3-new-JSU-trustees?instance=home_news]
:bounce012:

AirforceTrojan
05-16-2012, 08:40 AM

Marsh said hed like to see Jacksonville State focus on moving in a new direction.

I really would like concentration on the academic side. I think in the past there has been a lot of emphasis on the athletic side, Marsh said.

http://www.annistonstar.com/view/full_story/18363254/article-Senate-to-consider-3-new-JSU-trustees?instance=home_news]

Glad someone up there has decided JSU will someday be an institution where there students actually learn something. A piece of paper from that school is worth about as much as a Confederate dollar bill in April of 1865.

JPSousa1898
05-16-2012, 08:53 AM

I honestly think this has more to do with the fact that JSU was under a football suspension several years ago due to low academic performance more than it does with a move to the FBS. As much as the BoT wants JSU to follow Troy up the success ladder, they do not have the same buy in from their Alumni that we did. They don't want to fork out the money to help JSU move to that level. As much as I'd like to see them move up and see the rivalry truly renewed, I don't see it happening any time soon.

Troy87
05-16-2012, 01:20 PM
I honestly think this has more to do with the fact that JSU was under a football suspension several years ago due to low academic performance more than it does with a move to the FBS. As much as the BoT wants JSU to follow Troy up the success ladder, they do not have the same buy in from their Alumni that we did. They don't want to fork out the money to help JSU move to that level. As much as I'd like to see them move up and see the rivalry truly renewed, I don't see it happening any time soon.

I think, more than anything, they don't have someone like Johnny Williams spearheading a move like that. Without Johnny, Troy BoT would not even have had the opportunity to consider an option like that.

JPSousa1898
05-17-2012, 07:58 AM
I think, more than anything, they don't have someone like Johnny Williams spearheading a move like that. Without Johnny, Troy BoT would not even have had the opportunity to consider an option like that.

I wholeheartedly believe that. Dr. Meehan, JSU's president, has told me that most of the moving up that he's seen since he's been employed as a professor at and as the president of JSU was initiated by the board of trustees wanting to remain in the same relm as Troy.

Hector
06-08-2012, 07:59 AM
JSU (Just Show Up) does not fit the profile of an insttitution that theSunbelt is looking for. Don't hold your breath on this one.

Burn the Horse
06-08-2012, 10:37 AM
JSU (Just Show Up) does not fit the profile of an insttitution that theSunbelt is looking for. Don't hold your breath on this one.

Agreed. :thumb:

newnan trojan
06-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Why is this even a Thread on our board?

JSU has NOTHING to offer the SBC....They are a smaller university than TROY is, Their facilities suck. And They arnt anything to shake a stick at as a football program. Plus they have NO market, and everyone knows the SBC wants markets.

Burn the Horse
06-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Why is this even a Thread on our board?

JSU has NOTHING to offer the SBC....They are a smaller university than TROY is, Their facilities suck. And They arnt anything to shake a stick at as a football program. Plus they have NO market, and everyone knows the SBC wants markets.

honestly? I think someone just wanted to stir up some :censored:. Either that, or they wanted to pull a Bamer/Barner and discuss someone beneath us to make themselves feel superior. :laughing021: (that's a joke quietstorm, don't get mad.)

for the record though, I do believe we are superior to JSU. Those poor saps who buy their season tix are throwing their money away.

BTW, here are the Gamecock fans' thoughts on the topic:
http://gojaxstate.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5569

newnan trojan
06-08-2012, 10:31 PM
honestly? I think someone just wanted to stir up some :censored:. Either that, or they wanted to pull a Bamer/Barner and discuss someone beneath us to make themselves feel superior. :laughing021: (that's a joke quietstorm, don't get mad.)

for the record though, I do believe we are superior to JSU. Those poor saps who buy their season tix are throwing their money away.

BTW, here are the Gamecock fans' thoughts on the topic:
http://gojaxstate.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5569

I dont understand those guys....They think we are their little brother? Really?? Even when TROY did play those guys we beat their butts for like 10 straight years maybe more....Their facilities arnt even close to what ours are, Also how many bowl games has JSU been to? How many Big 6 school have they beaten??? Give me a break...Have fun in the FCS little kiddies, cause thats where you will be for quite some time....

Burn the Horse
06-08-2012, 11:17 PM
newnan, you sir are the man. :eatdrink004:

newnan trojan
06-09-2012, 11:33 AM
BTH....Look at this post....LORD!

I hope after 15 years or so in FBS we are not spinning our wheels like Troy. JSU need to hit the ground running and continue to improve our position. UAB has moved forward more than Troy why not follow their lead. USA appears to be moving forward, Middle is moving on up, N Texas, Marshall, Boise and many other improving models I would rather copy.

I hope they do model their selves after UAB....:thumb:

Burn the Horse
06-09-2012, 11:37 AM
The sheer jealousy that JSU fans harbor is humerous. If they want to model themselves after UAB go right ahead, losers begit losers.

newnan trojan
06-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Well one of their fans has some sense saying they do need to model themselves after Troy....Which you know as well as I do they want to. Their pressbox looks soo much like Troys. They have a case of penis envy...

LAZebra
06-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Let's face it, JSU is to Troy what your homely, glasses wearing, braces grinning, goofy cousin you took to the prom because she did not have a date, before you met your drop dead gorgeous wife, is to you. They wish that they were FBS material when in reality they belong in D-II or D-III for the rest of recorded time. Their fans/alumni do not envy Troy they have an unhealthy obsession to be Troy.