PDA

View Full Version : Never in a million years....

JonesOxygen
05-11-2012, 07:41 AM
did I think I would be excited for womens basketball (with the exception of my girls playing once they get a little older). Anyway, I had the chance to speak with Coach Chanda again last night and this lady is ready to go. She signed her first Troy player yesterday and was very pleased, also has a couple more players on the verge. Even mentioned some big name schools playing at Trojan arena that are not finalized yet.

dgoebel
05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
She is young and hungry and ready to win. Wish we could see this fire in our men's program but it is complacent and there is no hunger there.

redwaver
05-11-2012, 01:14 PM
She is young and hungry and ready to win. Wish we could see this fire in our men's program but it is complacent and there is no hunger there.
I would think that if she starts winning regularly, that will put a lot of pressure on the MBB program.....or the administration!

JonesOxygen
05-11-2012, 01:46 PM
As soon as the ball is tipped against Miss. State the mens program will have lots of pressure.

Troy87
05-11-2012, 09:28 PM
As soon as the ball is tipped against Miss. State the mens program will have lots of pressure.

Yeah, I don't expect that game to be very pretty. It's probably going to be ugly.

dgoebel
05-12-2012, 08:23 AM
They have no one to blame but themselves. They refuse to try to recruit a HS player and just settle for leftover Juco players. A recipe for disaster that is showing now. We have to get a recruiter who can go out and find those under the radar guys in HS that coach Blakney has done so well in football.

CHughes1102
05-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Anybody who likes Maestri is probably someone who has stuck around with him for years and doesn't have a clue how winning works nowadays. Getting leftover JUCO players is a mess. Even more of a mess when those leftovers actually bail from your team.

dgoebel
05-14-2012, 08:47 AM
did I think I would be excited for womens basketball (with the exception of my girls playing once they get a little older). Anyway, I had the chance to speak with Coach Chanda again last night and this lady is ready to go. She signed her first Troy player yesterday and was very pleased, also has a couple more players on the verge. Even mentioned some big name schools playing at Trojan arena that are not finalized yet.

Any word on who she signed? I haven't seen any news on it.

TheBigShow
05-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes, agreed! I spoke with her Monday. She signed three players in three days... a player from, Northwest State, Gulf Coast CC and Pensacola State. All panhandle players. The one from Northwest was the leading scorer in the Panhandle Conference. She said that this week she would sign a girl from Jefferson CC (big girl) and two from Chipola CC. They all sound better than what we have had!

Troy87
05-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds like she's loading up with Panhandle Conference All-stars, which is exactly what I would expect her to do right now. The Panhandle Conference is the best JUCO conference in the country for Basketball, and she's seen all those girls play.

I'm sure when she was sitting on the bench watching her girls play the other conference teams there were some she was thinking she would love to have on her team. Now she gets to go after the cream of the crop to fill her roster.

I think this will be a big turnaround for the women's program and I think it might be quicker than expected.

There's a certain former head basketball coach of Chipola's men's program, I'd love to see at Troy too.