PDA

View Full Version : Benson “Tempering” Talk of 12 Football Schools in Sun Belt – From the Bird’s Nest

Troy79
05-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Guys,

Not sure what Benson might be considering, check out the below article by Jay Walker:

Early Wednesday afternoon in a conference call with the media, Sun Belt Commissioner Karl Benson was, naturally, asked about further expansion.

And, because of the way the questions were asked, there were many who came away with the opinion more expansion was on the way.

Benson didn’t seem to rule out any possibilities.......

http://espn1420.com/benson-tempering-talk-of-12-football-schools-in-sun-belt-from-the-birds-nest/

Mr.E_205_Legion
05-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Good article. I think that The Commissioner has been reading GTT. Check out this quote from the above mentioned article:

"Right now the Sun Belt Conference really doesn’t need to have four, count ‘em, four FBS startups all coming into the league at the same time. Benson admitted he has never visited Statesboro, GA or Boone, NC. Nor did he really want to talk about them, choosing to concentrate on the known membership."

Translated it basically states that those Troy Trojan fans KNOW their SOUTHERN football and if they want Happy Appy and the OTHER GSU then maybe The Commish needs to either get with AAA or his GPS and add some new cities to his must visit list :rollinglaugh:

BOTTOM LINE, I personally like both those cities and what they offer the SunBelt, but I totally understand the need to strengthen our existing teams before we add any more. I like the idea that we continue to court these TWO teams for maybe 2014 or 2015 before any other conferences make the trip to these TWO cities.