PDA

View Full Version : Texas State comments

Buzz Lightyear
04-30-2012, 03:01 PM
Interesting what they think and how administration responds......sounds familiar?http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=22108

Troy88
04-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Ignorance is Bliss

Brotherofanalum
05-01-2012, 12:23 AM
I don't know why this guy thought that he could start at the top anyways, everyone moving from FCS has to take the small steps first. I personally would hate to be in the MWC. "let's take a look at our schedule, yep... We play teams that suck, and are still better than us for the first 5 years, and then we get to be blown out by Boise State! Brilliant!"

redwaver
05-01-2012, 07:29 AM
I don't know why this guy thought that he could start at the top anyways, everyone moving from FCS has to take the small steps first. I personally would hate to be in the MWC. "let's take a look at our schedule, yep... We play teams that suck, and are still better than us for the first 5 years, and then we get to be blown out by Boise State! Brilliant!"
He talks as though they were some well known, important team sport wise. Until this SunBelt thing started I for one had never heard of them. To think they deserved a WAC or C-USA invite is halarious. Heck, why not SWC or maybe the SEC. If you are going to be rediculous do it right. What grips me is success means nothing to moving up. It is all about money.

Schard
05-02-2012, 07:56 PM
It's all about media markets now for the non-AQ conferences; that's the only way to make more money from TV contracts in the current FBS era we are in.

Look at who C-USA invited by TV market: Miami, San Antonio, Charlotte, DFW, DC, Rusto... well, mostly big media markets.

If the MWC and C-USA merger happen, it will be to attempt to have a playoff for the new BCS playoff... position the top team from each conference to play another top team and boost their ranking high enough to possibly reach the top 4. Just playing in one of those games once every 5-10 years would mean millions of dollars for the conference.

ThePowerMan
05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
What really makes a conference stand head and shoulders above the rest is.....WINNING!! The conference as a whole needs to beat the Tennessee's, Ga Tech's, Southern Miss, and other out of conference teams. That is what really gets us TV exposure and makes the conference step up to the plate. And it has to be from the bottom to the top. The top BCS schools are always gonna schedule us. They are greedy and want the extra games to make gate $$$$$.

WeSuck.com
05-05-2012, 04:06 PM
It's all about media markets now for the non-AQ conferences; that's the only way to make more money from TV contracts in the current FBS era we are in.

Look at who C-USA invited by TV market: Miami, San Antonio, Charlotte, DFW, DC, Rusto... well, mostly big media markets.

If the MWC and C-USA merger happen, it will be to attempt to have a playoff for the new BCS playoff... position the top team from each conference to play another top team and boost their ranking high enough to possibly reach the top 4. Just playing in one of those games once every 5-10 years would mean millions of dollars for the conference.

CUSA is kidding themselves if those markets care about those schools. UNT gets page 8 coverage in DFW behind, Texas, A&M, SMU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. Will that change by playing Marshall? FIU in Miami? Please. UNC Charlotte - see UA's B team. UTSA has support, but the novelty will wear off. A&M and Texas DOMINATE this market.