PDA

View Full Version : Finally, the streak is over!!!

CardinalBlackTrojan
10-04-2005, 09:55 PM
and i'm glad it was troy who broke the streak :D

tsufl
10-04-2005, 10:42 PM
what is the link for UNTs board? I would like to see what they are saying.

formerlytsufan
10-05-2005, 08:05 AM
what is the link for UNTs board? I would like to see what they are saying.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/board/

Trojan1998
10-05-2005, 08:21 AM
I think that the winner of the Troy/ULM game is going to win the conference this season.

If the Trojan defense plays the rest of the season like they did last night and the running game continues to improve, the Sunbelt is our's to lose.

TrojanWar
10-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Other teams from our conference are laughing at us and NTSU and saying we are terrible. Right now I'm not sure I don't agree, but hopefully we will find a way to win every game from here on out. I'm not holding my breath with this offense though.

Trojan1998
10-05-2005, 08:57 AM
What other teams pray tell are laughing at us? Arky State, Monroe, Cajunville, FAU, FIU? They all suck.

Give me a break. The Arky State losers are jealous that they don't get any of their games on national television and in our second year of the Sunbelt, Troy has been televised nationally three times already.

TrojanWar
10-05-2005, 09:46 AM
If you guys spent any time on tribalgrounds you would see why they are the most hated fans in America. Did anyone else see the question and answer bit on the official Sun Belt website with Wright Waters? One of the ASU people bashed him for saying the ASU fans were out of control. Mr. Waters replied with a long answer giving details as to the problems and told that poster he had no idea what was said in the first place. I was proud of the Commish for standing up to those losers. You would think a team would need to at least be mediocre before the fans could be so arrogant. These fans should have given up on football years ago....because their team did!

Sarahbelle
10-05-2005, 10:14 AM
The Arky St fans weren't nearly as bad as the MUTS. Good grief...I think they're already picking out their SBC rings.

They think they're USC because they let a ho-hum Vandy team mismanage the clock and lose.

Trojan1998
10-05-2005, 10:19 AM
MUTS is a long way from being able to say that they're in the hunt for the Sunbelt crown. They will need for UNT to lose at least one more conference game (which is probably not likely) and they will need for Troy to slip a couple of times.

This is why I like either Troy or ULM to win the league as of right now. Then I like UNT as the alternative.

MUTS and Arky have a lot to do if they're going to be conference champs in 2005.

troyfan
10-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Troy is on a 5 game conference winning streak dating back to the Idaho game.

KAjunRaider
10-05-2005, 11:29 PM
MUTS is a long way from being able to say that they're in the hunt for the Sunbelt crown. They will need for UNT to lose at least one more conference game (which is probably not likely) and they will need for Troy to slip a couple of times.

This is why I like either Troy or ULM to win the league as of right now. Then I like UNT as the alternative.

MUTS and Arky have a lot to do if they're going to be conference champs in 2005.

I don't see where we think we're USC. We have a long, long way to geaux. What board were you reading? Hell yes we were celebrating. Vandy is just 30 miles up the road and we may have ruined their bowl hopes. You haven't seen sore losers until you've been around Vandy fans.

That said, if we win out in the SBC, including a win at Troy, we'll most likely go bowling, even if UNT doesn't lose another SBC game.

The Bowl Committee selects (with any tiebreaker situation--head to head rule does not apply), and they won't be selecting the North Texicans again.

Sarahbelle
10-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Sorry Raider, the MUTS had their chance to unseat NT, but screwed the pooch, as usual. If it came down to NT, Troy, and the MUTS, Troy would be collecting the bowl bid.

Troy has done more for the SunBelt in its year of conference membership than all the wins over Vandy that the MUTS could ever accumulate.

KAjunRaider
10-06-2005, 09:08 AM
[quote="Sarahbelle"]Sorry Raider, the MUTS had their chance to unseat NT, but screwed the pooch, as usual. If it came down to NT, Troy, and the MUTS, Troy would be collecting the bowl bid.

If it came down to Troy, MT, and UNT, then MT would be going. Sorry.

Cal-Poly and 20-point losses to Spurrier, Mizzou, and UAB, ain't gonna cut it.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

FRED_of_TROY
10-06-2005, 09:11 AM
If it came down to Troy, MT, and UNT, then MT would be going. Sorry.

Cal-Poly and 20-point losses to Spurrier, Mizzou, and UAB, ain't gonna cut it.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Ummm...Since when do OOC losses count toward a conference championship bowl bid? Have I missed something?

TrojanWar
10-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Why would MTSU go? I think you are mistaken on your "formula" Raider. I'm not even worried about it. MTSU and NTSU both have a loss. Troy does not and hopefully won't have a loss the rest of the year. We are currently in the drivers seat. No need to even worry about a split at this point. You should be worried about the games before Troy. Another Sun Belt loss and MTSU is out of it.

Sarahbelle
10-06-2005, 09:20 AM
I would take a loss to Spurrier, UAB, or Mizzou over a loss to the mighty Zips of Akron.

bulldogtrojan
10-06-2005, 10:09 AM
this is a quote from and interview with SB commissioner:

"Ken: In the event three teams each have one conference loss, how is the Bowl representative determined? Is overall record the first tie-breaker?

Commissioner Waters: Head-to-head competition is the established tie breaker, but in the case of a multi-tie, The New Orleans Bowl Committee would get to choose -- assuming they are all bowl eligible (6 wins) ."

KAjunRaider
10-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I would take a loss to Spurrier, UAB, or Mizzou over a loss to the mighty Zips of Akron.

Yep--those were great, great losses to the mighty Blazers, a hapless 'Cock team, and a 30-point spanking to Misery.

I'll take an MT win over a 4-0 Vandy any day over 3 blowout losses, darlin'.

You ain't going anywhere, after you lose to the Blue Raiders.

Again, I hate to rain on your parade. LOL!

dfarr
10-06-2005, 10:21 AM

Yep--those were great, great losses to the mighty Blazers, a hapless 'Cock team, and a 30-point spanking to Misery.

You ain't going anywhere, after you lose to the Blue Raiders.

hey numbnuts, we would scrub the field w/ yall. troy just beat unt, something that you couldnt do. u have the mighty blazers part right. 12-1 this year baby!! dont think because u beat freakin vandy that you are any good. the only reason that vandy is even in the sec is to bring up their academic profile.

TrojanWar
10-06-2005, 10:41 AM

So MTSU would have done better? Based on what? You lost on your home field to NT. We beat them at their place. Vandy is still Vandy, always will be. You beat a team that you had beat 2 times in a row previously. Big deal.

OK. I'll take a CONFERENCE win over NT over a win over Vandy any day. How many conference games has MTSU won so far this year?

When did you rain on our parade the first time? I remember Troy whipping MTSU all over the field last year. Oh yeah, and it was raining. So, didn't we rain on your parade?

Trojan1998
10-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Congrats on beating Vandy. It's just a shame that you couldn't beat UNT on your home field.

We'll settle this MUTS business come November at The Gallery.

MT01
10-06-2005, 08:30 PM
I can see both sides. I think Troy controls its own destiny, but so does MT to an extent. Based on what I've seen I don't see cracker jack MT coaches getting the Raiders ready to win six straight. The talent is there I'm just not sure the preparation and planning is there.

As far as Troy's season you guys are extremely confident it seems for barely beating a bad football team. UNT will lose more this year. They are really bad. True we lost to them, but we had our way with them on both sides of the ball. We just had like 4 turnovers in the red zone (with one being returned for a TD) and a fifth turnover gave it to them in our own territory. UNT would have been shutout had it not been for the turnovers, but that's part of the game and we blew it. We're not good enough to overcome those types of mistakes. Had we cut out those turnovers as we did against Vandy and Bama we would have beaten UNT by 27-30 points.

The one thing I noticed about Troy is that you guys couldn't pass your way out of wet paper bag. You won't run the ball down Big Blues throat like you did North Texas. The Blue Raider run defense is stout with a couple of NFL prospects on the D-line. Throw the football to beat MT (just don't throw it to #24's side. I think it will be difficult to put up more than 10-13 points against MT's defense. Although I don't think the Troy "D" is as good as it was last year, it should be a nice harding hitting low scoring game. Good luck rest of the season and we'll see where the Palladium resides for the next year. Wouldn't it be sweet for the winner of that game to decide who wins the conference and goes to the bowl game? That's how true rivalries are built!!

Trojan1998
10-07-2005, 08:43 AM
My take on the Trojans' victory over UNT is simple. Troy has become the first Sun Belt team in over four years to beat North Texas. This victory was accomplished on the road in Denton. It makes a statement to the other Sun Belt members that UNT is beatable within the league.

And most importantly, a win like this should give this young Troy squad a huge shot of confidence entering the second half of the season. I think that confidence is what the Trojans desperately needed at this juncture. Hopefully, for Troy's sake, this is the spark that will salvage our season and steer us toward the conference championship.

Just remember MTSU fan, you lost at home to that same "bad UNT team" that you mentioned.