PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Jones

JaredMc
10-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Looks GREAT. He and Cattouse could be an awesome 1-2 punch for Troy.

troy4ever
10-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Dawkins isn't half bad at fullback either! Looks like we've abandoned the pass game and gone back to our bread and butter!!! Keep running the ball!

Nice Trojan
10-04-2005, 08:43 PM
I like this Jones kid. Let him run. No throwing, no throwing, no throwing.

TrojanfanfromMissouri
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Looks GREAT. He and Cattouse could be an awesome 1-2 punch for Troy.

I agree! Jones is definitely the back of the future. And like you said, he and Cattouse make a good 1-2 punch.

im4thetrojans
10-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Any before this game? Somehow I've missed him.
Whingter was noticably absent in the second half.
But I think North Texas is pretty bad.

tsufl
10-04-2005, 10:44 PM
those of you who wre in the chat room neednt read this but...
I had Anthony Jones in a class that I subbed for at Pace High. A great kid and seemingly very smart. He noticed I had a Troy shirt on and he stopped after class and talked about how excited he was to be going there. Nice to see him have a good game.

ksdtrojan
10-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Whinghter needs to set on the bench for the rest of the year.

Give Jones and Cattouse the majority of the carries then mix in Dawkins as well. Put East and Babb in for mop up duties only. Don't throw the ball, ever!

I was very impressed with Jones and Cattouse! The most exciting fact about them is they are a freshmen and sophmore respectfully. The running game is looking better at Troy.

TUTrojan
10-05-2005, 07:49 AM
The offensive line looked excellent last night. I watched the game with a former Troy lineman who also liked what he saw.

The Dawkins, Cattouse, and Jones trio looked great. Jones surprised me with his speed. If we can keep this guy healthy, Dewhitt's record might be in jeopardy!

Cattouse finally looked like a college running back!

Dawkins was the man as always!

Whingter runs hard and fights for extra yards- problem is that he does not protect the rock while trying to dig out that extra 2-3 yards...

Throw the ball, but mix it into the power running attack... There's no reason why we can't complete 2/3rds of our passes within this power running game.

At least we rolled Meadows out of the pocket a couple of times. I don't put that interception on him. I also think that ball that Hampton dropped should have been a TD...

TSUtrojan
10-05-2005, 08:11 AM
Yeah, they both did look really good last night. My only question is where have they been all year?