PDA

View Full Version : Josh Warren signs with Troy

Hemi Man
04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Troy picked up its second signee of the spring signing period when Brevard (Fla.) Community College center Josh Warren sent in his letter of intent.

Warren is 6-foot-9 and 210 pounds.

Warren said he wants to major in Education at Troy and eventually teach Kindergarten. Despite not starting college until a couple of years after he finished high school, the 23-year-old Warren has made the Dean's List each semester at Brevard.

http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2012/04/josh-warren-signs-with-troy.html

CHughes1102
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Finally Maestri woke up and we got a High School recruit

Not srs

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/are%20you%20shtting%20me/grand/are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif

dgoebel
04-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Recruiting high schools would involve effort. We put zero effort into signing HS BB recruits. We just look for left over juco players and then we wonder why we are small and win 8 games a season????

CHughes1102
04-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Recruiting high schools would involve effort. We put zero effort into signing HS BB recruits. We just look for left over juco players and then we wonder why we are small and win 8 games a season????

His "NATIONAL" search for a Center was a leftover 6'9 guy out of Florida. Yeah right.....sure coach.

CHughes1102
04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
"I'm the hustle guy who's going to get every rebound and dive after every ball," Warren said. "I'll put my heart out there for my team so we can get the win."

Warren scored 4.7 ppg and had 6.7 rpg as a freshman and 4 ppg and 4.7 rpg last year.

At 6'9, if this is your numbers........you're terrible.

dgoebel
04-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Watch and see how Rigby recruits and coaches. It will be fun to watch an aggresive coach recruit and win. Men's will win 10 games top next year.

dgoebel
04-18-2012, 12:39 PM

They don't play high school basketball anywhere in the south :confused-smiley-004 That is why we have to get the juco players that are left over. Evidently this is true because we refuse to recruit a HS player.

CHughes1102
04-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Watch and see how Rigby recruits and coaches. It will be fun to watch an aggresive coach recruit and win. Men's will win 10 games top next year.

Amen. We have a WBB coach who knows how to win and recruit. Get the same for MBB and we would be doing something right. A new arena and THIS is what we get? Maestri just sucks. No way around it.

Hemi Man
04-18-2012, 03:42 PM
So without having ever watched this guy play the two of you have come to the conclusion that this guy isn't any good?

Hemi Man
04-18-2012, 03:43 PM

Are you going to be upset if she brings in some juco players?

Hemi Man
04-18-2012, 03:46 PM

Glad you chose to read the negative and not the entire paragraph.

During Conference play, Josh averaged an astounding 9.4 rpg. Josh also led the team with a 55.6% FG percentage.

dgoebel
04-18-2012, 04:13 PM

She probably will but I am almost willing to bet she will aggresively recruit HS also. With 2 wins last year she will bring in some help for a temp. fix but you can't do that for long term success. The problem I have with the men's side is that is all they recruit. With the new arena we have to get some HS players who can play in the system for 4-5 years instead of 2. We will always have juco players in football, baseball, basketball and softball, but you also have to have some HS players mixed in there also and football, baseball and softball have done a great job with it.. I am not anti-juco but I you have to have both HS and juco.

Enjoy Troy
04-18-2012, 05:43 PM
If the roster speaks for itself it appears that they signed to two High School players last year 6'7' and 6'8". They both red shirted.

TheBigShow
04-20-2012, 01:10 PM

Juco's right now would be smart for her. If there are any high school players left they they not good enough. There has already been an early signing period and an April signing day. Good high school players were signed. Juco's on the other hand have so many offers that they take longer to commit and sign. Thus, giving Rigby a chance at them.