PDA

View Full Version : Chanda Rigby Hired as WBB Coach

CHughes1102
04-11-2012, 03:36 PM
She has DOMINATED everywhere she has coached!!! Awesome hire!!!

With over 20 years of head coaching experience, Rigby has been successful at every level of competition, posting a 413-194 record, at the high school, two-year college and four-year college levels.

She has won sixteen Coach of the Year awards at the conference, district, regional, and state levels, and has also won eight conference championships and four state championships, with some of her most astounding numbers coming at Pensacola State over the past seven seasons.

In 2010-11, she led the Pirates to an undefeated (32-0) regular season that included 20 consecutive weeks at No.1 in the national polls. The Pirates followed that up in 2011-12 with the first back-to-back state titles and Final Four appearances in school history.

While in Pensacola, Rigby coached three WBCA All-Americans as well as one McDonald's All-American and four NJCAA All-Americans. In the past five years, 100 percent of her players at PSC have graduated and moved on to play Division I basketball, including former Trojan DeAngela Sword.

http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2012/4/11/WBB_0411123512.aspx?path=wbball

Hemi Man
04-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Certainly an exciting hire!!!!

Lego
04-11-2012, 03:53 PM

Nice.

(now let's see if coaching has anything to do with a winning program or maybe we find out if all the Trojan apolgists are right and Troy just has bad luck)

troy4ever21
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Awesome! We need to get our women sports to compete at the Division 1 level and she sounds like she can do it. Great hire Troy!!! :thumb:

tenaciousT
04-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Looks like a very impressive hire! Way to go Steve Dennis! She has won everywhere she has been, hopefully that will translate at the DI ranks.

GO TROJANS!

Hemi Man
04-11-2012, 04:20 PM
This interview from a couple of years ago gives us some insight as to what she expects from her team. It sounds good!!!

SJa2dMxf1KQ

dgoebel
04-11-2012, 06:10 PM
This fires me up!!! She has won everywhere she has been and evidently can recruit to. Excellent hire!!! She will get this program turned around for sure and we will get to see what a real BB coach can do.

JonesOxygen
04-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Well done Steve. I did not see this one coming but she will bring excitement to a program that has never had anything to be excited about.

bft
04-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Great Hire have seen her teams play a bunch she can flat out recruit! She also knows how to coach them. She was coaching in the best JUCO league in America and had took it over!

TheBigShow
04-11-2012, 09:06 PM

http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2012/4/11/WBB_0411123512.aspx?path=wbball
The record in the original article must have been wrong. They changed it to reflect the record from PSC's site. Which is even better 414-149. Good hire Steve!

Buzz Lightyear
04-12-2012, 07:39 AM
could not agree more..... In the panhandle conference there are a good many coaches and this is an exciting hire. Recruiting will improve if for no other reason than just the contacts in this conference alone (Panhandle). The truth is that while JUCO's have some drawbacks to some that you could take one of the top 3 teams in the conference and probably win the Belt. It is a definite move up. Being able to identify good talent will not be a problem. Now with her and the new facilities I would almost guarantee a huge step forward for the program. I have watched her and the other coaches in the Panhandle for years and know coach Lane and his team at Chipola very well on a personal level.........Troy and Steve Dennis has DONE GOOD!

dgoebel
04-12-2012, 09:52 AM
You don't have that record on just recruiting, she can flat out coach the talent also. We got a gem in her..a recruiter and great coach both. I am not even a big basketball fan but I am fired up right now. GO LADY TROJANS!!!

Buzz Lightyear
04-12-2012, 10:07 AM
You don't have that record on just recruiting, she can flat out coach the talent also. We got a gem in her..a recruiter and great coach both. I am not even a big basketball fan but I am fired up right now. GO LADY TROJANS!!!

She can coach tooooooo as you said. Some of the talent that she gets will probably not come to Troy but to BIG schools as some may think. The better talent in the conference go to the big 6 conferences etc. We will have to battle for those to go to a Belt school but womens sports (Basketball) can be broken into at the highest level with the right coach. Would not be surprised to see her down here in the panhandle tournaments and state tournaments at all. We have several at Chipola who could start for Troy today and I believe at the other Panhandle schools as well. She will find the talent that way and then just clean up....without little doubt. The coaches here know her and that will help alot in that recruiting.

We have a girl going to UCF next year whom I had personally talked to the assistants about and they said they did want her but yet every C-USA schools did, guess that is why we are getting new coaches. I am at almost every Chipola womens game... and while MTSU, ARK ST., etc were there....guess who was not..........well now the mens guys are down here a good deal, but not showing up to even evaluate in this conference is literral negligence. Great players who would probably look at Troy. The year before a girl went to Southern Miss......again not even a look by Troy.....and etc...etc.....Syracuse transfer, no look.....SEC academic casualty recruited now by MTSU no look.......etc etc.......So that was the type of recruiting I really will believe will change.....and yes she can coach.

TheBigShow
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Hello Buzz, You would know the answer since you are at Chipola games. I heard last night the she was going after the big girl from Chipola. What is her name, and how would she do in the belt?

dgoebel
04-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Troy's women's team offers a great opportunity right now. A brand new arena that is as nice as anyone's and a chance for a girl to play D1 ball and play right away. Wait and see what she recruits. You get from recruiting what you put into it, and from what I have read, she has the recruiting talent and she will be hungry to prove herself.

bft
04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
She is huge! Bad over weight, lazy, and not enough dedication to do anything about those problems. She does not fit Coach Rigby's style @ all. I would not touch her with a 10 foot pole!

CHughes1102
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
She is huge! Bad over weight, lazy, and not enough dedication to do anything about those problems. She does not fit Coach Rigby's style @ all. I would not touch her with a 10 foot pole!

Recruit her for the Football team

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/bijrzb.gif

bft
04-13-2012, 06:48 AM
That is what she looks like, over weight out of shape offensive lineman.

Buzz Lightyear
04-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Hello Buzz, You would know the answer since you are at Chipola games. I heard last night the she was going after the big girl from Chipola. What is her name, and how would she do in the belt?

I have spent a great deal of time with JJ the girl that you are speaking about. Not in any way representing Troy, since as a booster that would be illegal. I have been their defacto team physician and my wife was the teams physical trainer this past off season. So we know all of the girls very well. A good many teams approached JJ and as far as I knew whe was headed to MTSU.....however, I have not spoken to JJ since spring break........and again should any of this be misconstrued.......I talk to all the players.

She is big....and could stand to lose more weight, if she did the potential is there to be dominating. It would all depend on how hard she worked. She is from Washington DC and in general the small town has been very good for her. I hope she does well for she is probably the one I have grown to know the best. My interaction with her was solely as a Chipola supporter. I have never mentioned Troy to her in any way other than she is aware that my wife and I go to football games at Troy.

Coming out of High School she was signed at Kentucky....had been recruited by every single Big East school etc......however her size and inability to shake that really dropped the ACC and other large conference interest....But potential under a more strict format program is there for a huge role (no pun intended) in the Belt. Much like the Knight brothers at MTSU a good many really really good players come from Chipola.

quietstorm
04-16-2012, 08:43 PM
http://www.troymessenger.com/2012/04/14/chanda-rigby-interview/

Buzz Lightyear
04-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Big Girl from Chipola signed with MTSU friday so will not be visiting Troy.

Hemi Man
04-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Big Girl from Chipola signed with MTSU friday so will not be visiting Troy.

She can't be that bad if she signed with the top program in the conference.

CHughes1102
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
She can't be that bad if she signed with the top program in the conference.

She might get up there and be awful. Who knows.

Hemi Man
04-23-2012, 01:17 PM
She might get up there and be awful. Who knows.

She might have read on a message board how fat, out of shape, and lazy she was and ruled that school out. Who knows? Anything is possible.

dgoebel
04-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Possible we didn't recruit her. I believe Rigsby runs a fast paced offense and defense so possibly she didn't fit into that. I have complete confidence given her track record that she will recruit some talent and then coach them to their full potential.

Buzz Lightyear
04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Possible we didn't recruit her. I believe Rigsby runs a fast paced offense and defense so possibly she didn't fit into that. I have complete confidence given her track record that she will recruit some talent and then coach them to their full potential.

Hope she can....However contact was made and was trying to schedule visit for May 4-5. But signed prior to finale plans.

bft
04-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Good! Coach Rigby didn't need that aggravation! Go to the game next season you will see! NO WAY SHE WILL PLAY IN THE MTSU PROGRAM. THEY BETTER HIRE A FAT DOCTOR!

CHughes1102
04-23-2012, 09:29 PM
She might have read on a message board how fat, out of shape, and lazy she was and ruled that school out. Who knows? Anything is possible.

Good didn't want her anyway.

redwaver
04-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Good point. We need to be careful the negative comments we make about possible recruits that most of us know little or nothing about. Could run off a good kid. Some of these kids go through a metamorphis when they get to college.....one way or another. JMHO

CHughes1102
04-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Good point. We need to be careful the negative comments we make about possible recruits that most of us know little or nothing about. Could run off a good kid. Some of these kids go through a metamorphis when they get to college.....one way or another. JMHO

If she read that then changed her mind 2 days later....she wasn't coming here anyway haha. It takes a lot of effort to choose a school and she already had her mind made up. So who cares where she went.

Troy87
04-24-2012, 10:31 AM

And almost all of them are more technologically savvy than anyone on a message board. They will scour any information they can gain about a subject by using message boards, google, facebook, whatever they can to find figure out if that subject is something they have an interest in.

redwaver
04-24-2012, 12:09 PM
If she read that then changed her mind 2 days later....she wasn't coming here anyway haha. It takes a lot of effort to choose a school and she already had her mind made up. So who cares where she went.
My comment didn't just apply to her. It could be any potential athlete. Wouldn't it be awful if a kid was considering us, someone who knew him/her made some negative comments and because of that they chose another school, turned out to be a great kid and wonderful athlete. Our lose! I have no problem with calling out bad behavior on or off the field that everyone witnesses but just feel these kids deserve a chance to prove themselves TO OUR FANS. Like I said JMO!!!

Da Scout
04-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Currwnt atheles also look at the message boards.

Hemi Man
04-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Currwnt atheles also look at the message boards.

There is no doubt about that!!! As well as parents of players and visiting players.

flockofoscars
06-15-2012, 11:18 AM
You talk about changing our programs.

You talk about how our coaches need to improve.

Yet you talk crap about potential recruits in a HORRIBLE way. Troy does not need your support. Go be a UAB fan and you'll fit in. We are trying to create a positive atmosphere here at Troy so time for the negative so called "fans" to be cut off. Just my 2 cents..... no its a fact! :devil22:

ocean1118
07-05-2012, 04:21 AM
she is so wonderful :signs003:

Chasin170
07-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Disappointing that a fan would roll up a recruit on a public message board....:signs019: