PDA

View Full Version : Legion of Trojan Warriors

ksdtrojan
10-04-2005, 08:42 AM
I have been brainstorming and if you ask my wife my brain is always storming. I'm sure this idea has crossed the minds of some of you already but I can't get it out of my head. Imagine the following:

As the fans enter the gates of Movie Gallery Stadium, their attention is drawn to the north end zone where a Legion (50 to 100) of Trojan Warriors stand at attention yet eager for battle. Each warrior is dressed in full battle gear with helmet, breast plate, and shield (Not shiny pretty armour but war worn tarnished battle gear). All carrying swords, spears, and other similar weapons ready for battle. They chant and call out for a Trojan victory. They taunt, chastise, and strike fear in the hearts of the opposing team. As the Trojans exit the Trojan Football helmet to enter the stadium, the legion of Trojan warriors help make the entry passage with swords and spears lifted high. The legion form a battle line on the Trojan side line just before the game captains walk onto the field. As the game captains for each team approach mid-field for the coin toss the legion of Trojan warriors file in behind the Troy game captains. The legion then storm off the field as into battle after the coin toss is completed yelling and chanting for victory. During the game the legion could spread out around the field at the base of the stands and on the next level walk way as a sign of protection for the stadium from the opposing team. They could encourage the fans to stand and cheer for the Trojans. As the Trojan Warriors lift the swords above their heads just before as the teams prepare for the first kick-off, Trojan fans throughout the stadium stand could chant Troy, Troy, Troy with the Trojan Warriors lifting thrusting their swords into the air with every chant of TROY until the ball is kicked. Once the ball is kicked the Trojan Warriors point their swords towards the field and the crowd yells Charge Trojans! The crowd could mimick the motions of the Trojan Warriors with the plastic air filled noise makers that resemble swords. The chant is repeated with every kick-off. The warriors could also be used to signal the crowd to make noise when needed and they would also encourage crowd participation at the game. (The legion could be made up of students volunteers.)

I think this would be completely awesome and would be a great signature for our pre-game and in-game activities. It is a scary thing when the mind has time to wonder.

TrojanWar
10-04-2005, 09:31 AM
I think that would be really cool, but...who is going to pay for all of that battle gear used for the uniforms? Do you really think we could get 100 students to make up this group? What is they leave at halftime? Nice idea and I think it would make ESPN highlights for sure, but at Troy I just don't see it happening.

formerlytsufan
10-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I think that would be really cool, but...who is going to pay for all of that battle gear used for the uniforms? Do you really think we could get 100 students to make up this group? What is they leave at halftime? Nice idea and I think it would make ESPN highlights for sure, but at Troy I just don't see it happening.

It is a great idea, but it would take several years of practice to make it work. Maybe you should pitch the idea to someone who has the ability to make this happen...

TROYgirl128
10-04-2005, 11:11 AM
I think it's a wonderful idea!

ksdtrojan
10-04-2005, 11:51 AM

I don't know but if someone had approched me or put an ad in the Trop asking for volunteers, I would have done it when I was at Troy and I know several of my friends in school who would have done it as well. I'm sure several of the posters on here would love to be apart of something like this.

Sarahbelle
10-04-2005, 12:29 PM
If someone on campus lead the campaign, gathered a group, and then apprached the alumni to sponsor a Trojan, I think they could get the outfits. I would sponsor a Trojan Warrior.