PDA

View Full Version : Troy Gear In PCB Pier Park Store

moosicman
03-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Tonight, I was browsing with the Mrs. and stopped by the collegiate apparel store in Pier Park. From the store front I saw mostly UA stuff so I really was surprised to find out they had three TROY t's. All other teams were 2/$20. TROY's was $16.95 each. Didn't sit well with me, though I could've bought them and said you pay more for better quality. Anyway, I told them that if they didn't price discriminate there that I'd be stopping in and checking for when they dropped the price and would buy them. So if you're down in the area on vacation or for spring break, be sure and stop in and ask for TROY gear. She said they used to have more stuff but they looked at the numbers sold every year and stocked based on that. She said they had mugs, license plates and some other stuff. Good prices on everything (except for the remaining TROY gear). I'll probably go back and buy them but I'm going to give them crap for the higher price. The shirts were nice too and quality stock.

Hemi Man
03-17-2012, 10:55 AM
This is part of the problem. Everyone complains that they can't find Troy stuff. Then when they find it they complain about it being over priced. They have to make a profit. If the demand only dictates selling 15 the cost will be higher thab those that are selling 250 shirts. Also you said the quality was good. Better than the Alabama shirts? Possibly a different supplier? Could the Troy shirts have been of a higher quality?

moosicman
03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Ok, this is gonna go sour real quick. MY decision not to buy them (at that time) is MMMMMYYYYY decision. I DO NOT need your permission, approval, or LACK there of on this or any other item in life. MY decision NOT to buy them doesn't indicate any sense of being less supportive, less of a fan, less of ANYTHING and again: I DO NOT NEED YOUR PERMISSION in order to prove my fandom or to counter what you think is the problem. You can toss your opinion in the nearest garbage can.

You can think my lack of purchase is part of the problem if you want to but that doesn't mean that you are correct and I've personally had it with you thinking you're MR. TROY FOOTBALL when it comes to such. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FAN POLICE AND IF THERE WERE YOU'D BE FAR FROM IT! If I want to complain about the price, I'll FREAKIN' complain about the price and you're opinions on the matter are NOT DESIRED. As much as I love Troy football, I've become FED UP with Troy football groupies. Why don't you keep your "looking-down-my-nose-at-everyone-esle-that-doesn't-agree-with-me-or-do-as-I-do" opinion to yourself and do more of what you've inflated in your mind to think you are doing: something constructive for this board and BUTT THE HECK OUT. Take a chapter from your own playbook: never say anything negative or critical about another person on this board; deserving or not! It'd be far more appreciated here than your "never say nothing critical about a coach" approach.

This makes me freakin' sick that I can't post on a message board without being castigated by one of its regular posters for something that it is my right as a consumer to do.

****Mods/board owners, you can lock this and/or ban me if you want, but if you are fair, it would show your integrity to fire off a well-deserved note at the same time to the other poster asking him to keep his opinions and critiques to himself at the same time rather than tear down and be critical of other posters. I didn't solicit his criticism and have about had enough of coming around here for crap like that. It is poor advertisement for you and I and others can just as well support some other board.

Hemi Man
03-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Ok, this is gonna go sour real quick. MY decision not to buy them (at that time) is MMMMMYYYYY decision. I DO NOT need your permission, approval, or LACK there of on this or any other item in life. MY decision NOT to buy them doesn't indicate any sense of being less supportive, less of a fan, less of ANYTHING and again: I DO NOT NEED YOUR PERMISSION in order to prove my fandom or to counter what you think is the problem. You can toss your opinion in the nearest garbage can.

You can think my lack of purchase is part of the problem if you want to but that doesn't mean that you are correct and I've personally had it with you thinking you're MR. TROY FOOTBALL when it comes to such. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FAN POLICE AND IF THERE WERE YOU'D BE FAR FROM IT! If I want to complain about the price, I'll FREAKIN' complain about the price and you're opinions on the matter are NOT DESIRED. As much as I love Troy football, I've become FED UP with Troy football groupies. Why don't you keep your "looking-down-my-nose-at-everyone-esle-that-doesn't-agree-with-me-or-do-as-I-do" opinion to yourself and do more of what you've inflated in your mind to think you are doing: something constructive for this board and BUTT THE HECK OUT. Take a chapter from your own playbook: never say anything negative or critical about another person on this board; deserving or not! It'd be far more appreciated here than your "never say nothing critical about a coach" approach.

This makes me freakin' sick that I can't post on a message board without being castigated by one of its regular posters for something that it is my right as a consumer to do.

****Mods/board owners, you can lock this and/or ban me if you want, but if you are fair, it would show your integrity to fire off a well-deserved note at the same time to the other poster asking him to keep his opinions and critiques to himself at the same time rather than tear down and be critical of other posters. I didn't solicit his criticism and have about had enough of coming around here for crap like that. It is poor advertisement for you and I and others can just as well support some other board.

:wave:

I was trying to see if there might be a reason for the Troy stuff being more expensive.

Mr.E_205_Legion
03-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Meanwhile back at the thread, you said they had other Troy stuff like tags, etc. Did you get a feeling that they would not order any more Troy merchandise until people started asking about it ?

I like the newer Troy license plate frames, but I personally think they are priced too high (they are sold out at Screentech and the Troy Bookstore is about $20 each). Having owned a small retail store several years ago that sold college merchandise I can understand pricing and minimum numbers that need to be ordered per item.

I am curious what the shirts LOOKED like because considering the prices in Troy those sounded like a good deal unless the design was hedious. NOT judging or fussing at you for not purchasing because you sound LIKE ME, a smart shopper. There are some items in the Troy Walmart that are priced that low, but the designs and quality are poor.

redwaver
03-17-2012, 03:07 PM

:thumb::thumb::wave:

Pensacola Kid
03-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Anyway, I told them that if they didn't price discriminate there that I'd be stopping in and checking for when they dropped the price and would buy them.

I don't believe you experienced price discrimination. It was simply a factor of 'Economies of Scale'. You know...where the increase in efficiency of production as the number of goods being produced increases and results in a lower product cost. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of entities out there that produce UA/AU stuff so it's cheap to buy in bulk and sell at a lower cost. You can probably count those who produce TROY gear on one hand (hence the higher cost).

:wave:

Surf Report:
A lot of fog and not much surf out there today, but it looks like it will start building tomorrow and we should have waves through Thur. It's a great day for a paddle. Grab your SUP and go for it.

Lego
03-18-2012, 10:30 PM

Some truth in this post. +1 m-man.

TroyFootball05
03-19-2012, 07:34 AM

I hate that I have to step in and defend Hemiman everything something dumb happens, but it always seems like all the dumb stuff happens when someone like yourself takes hemi's posts out of context. It's become herd mentality to react to hemi in such ways and let other posters get by. (I personally think everyone should get by more often than not because people are always looking for the negative route without thinking about why and what the person was really saying).

1) Hemi was not attacking you. That was his opinion. Unfortunately, this being a message board you cannot not tell the tone of his voice or the look on his face. I've said things like what hemi just said too, and people either said "you're right" or they simply said "no, and here's why." You went on a rampage over something so unimportant. I'll explain more about that the end of my post.

2) Even if he did mean that as an attack, what he said in no way warranted the things you said. You took a perceived missile launch and launched five nukes. Does that seem fair? How about giving people the same respect you ask of others? That would be fair.

Again, I like Hemiman, and while I don't think he's anything special, he's a poster just like you and me. He mistakes mistakes, you make mistakes, and I make mistakes, and I'm tired of coming on here and someone treating hemi differently from the rest of the posters here whether he did something wrong or right.

Seems like the idea here is that Hemi is not allowed to do the wrong thing, but everyone else is. Whether is the idea is, it should be standard, equal, and fair for everyone, and yet it is not, and that's what bothers me.

Oh and one last thing, if I ever responded the way you just did in real life, I sure as hell wouldn't get the same treatment you have here. I'm pretty sure I'd be laughed at from here to mobile. There's nothing wrong with standing up for your viewpoint, and more people should more often. But it's not what you said, it's how you said and how you throw that fit. Just please try and think about that in the future. And if that upsets you even further I truly am sorry and that particular piece of advice really is to help you in your further endevours.

Bubba the Trojan
03-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Some truth in this post. +1 m-man.

Perhaps there is some truth in this post. I won't debate that, because truth here is dependent on one's opinion and we are all entitled to have one of those. This brings me to my point. It appears that moosicman felt attacked and felt he needed to defend himself. That is fine, we have all been there. However, he goes beyond that and says that Hemi can "toss his opinion in the nearest garbage can" and that his "opinions on the matter are not desired". He then states "This makes me freakin' sick that I can't post on a message board without being castigated by one of its regular posters for something that it is my right as a consumer to do".

Here is my issue. I find it incongruous that one woud tell someone else that their opinion is not welcome, yet at the same time adamantly proclaim their right to express an opinion they hold. This happens on a regular basis here. I find this to be, at best, a double standard, at worst, hypocritical.

This is a college sports message board and in the grand scheme of things, relatively unimportant...ask Foul Pole Phenom. Let's all get over ourselves, express our support for TROY, and enjoy this place.

Hemi Man
03-19-2012, 08:15 AM
I hate that I have to step in and defend Hemiman everything something dumb happens, but it always seems like all the dumb stuff happens when someone like yourself takes hemi's posts out of context. It's become herd mentality to react to hemi in such ways and let other posters get by. (I personally think everyone should get by more often than not because people are always looking for the negative route without thinking about why and what the person was really saying).

1) Hemi was not attacking you. That was his opinion. Unfortunately, this being a message board you cannot not tell the tone of his voice or the look on his face. I've said things like what hemi just said too, and people either said "you're right" or they simply said "no, and here's why." You went on a rampage over something so unimportant. I'll explain more about that the end of my post.

2) Even if he did mean that as an attack, what he said in no way warranted the things you said. You took a perceived missile launch and launched five nukes. Does that seem fair? How about giving people the same respect you ask of others? That would be fair.

Again, I like Hemiman, and while I don't think he's anything special, he's a poster just like you and me. He mistakes mistakes, you make mistakes, and I make mistakes, and I'm tired of coming on here and someone treating hemi differently from the rest of the posters here whether he did something wrong or right.

Seems like the idea here is that Hemi is not allowed to do the wrong thing, but everyone else is. Whether is the idea is, it should be standard, equal, and fair for everyone, and yet it is not, and that's what bothers me.

Oh and one last thing, if I ever responded the way you just did in real life, I sure as hell wouldn't get the same treatment you have here. I'm pretty sure I'd be laughed at from here to mobile. There's nothing wrong with standing up for your viewpoint, and more people should more often. But it's not what you said, it's how you said and how you throw that fit. Just please try and think about that in the future. And if that upsets you even further I truly am sorry and that particular piece of advice really is to help you in your further endevours.

Perhaps there is some truth in this post. I won't debate that, because truth here is dependent on one's opinion and we are all entitled to have one of those. This brings me to my point. It appears that moosicman felt attacked and felt he needed to defend himself. That is fine, we have all been there. However, he goes beyond that and says that Hemi can "toss his opinion in the nearest garbage can" and that his "opinions on the matter are not desired". He then states "This makes me freakin' sick that I can't post on a message board without being castigated by one of its regular posters for something that it is my right as a consumer to do".

Here is my issue. I find it incongruous that one woud tell someone else that their opinion is not welcome, yet at the same time adamantly proclaim their right to express an opinion they hold. This happens on a regular basis here. I find this to be, at best, a double standard, at worst, hypocritical.

This is a college sports message board and in the grand scheme of things, relatively unimportant...ask Foul Pole Phenom. Let's all get over ourselves, express our support for TROY, and enjoy this place.

:signs001:

Lego
03-19-2012, 08:24 AM

I'll respond since you did.

1. I said there was "some" truth to his post. The items I most agreed with the most was a point you also made. The hypocritical, judgemental, the "I am better than you" responses that alot of posters have when someone gives there opinion.
2. Looks to me moosicman had alot of previous responses go this way and looks like he was fed up. Alot of people on here can relate.
3. I have been blasted by this attitude of "I am better than you" "you don't know what you are talking about" on this site. One guy on here even infured I should be banned from this site because I dare question the leadership. But my opinions have been consistent.
4. I have said this before, I know alot of my fellow alumni that don't come on this site anymore and post because of what and how moosicman feels, right, wrong or indifferent.
5. You are 100% correct, this message board is not that important.
6. Again, some Truth to moosicman statement.

redwaver
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
I'll respond since you did.

1. I said there was "some" truth to his post. The items I most agreed with the most was a point you also made. The hypocritical, judgemental, the "I am better than you" responses that alot of posters have when someone gives there opinion.
2. Looks to me moosicman had alot of previous responses go this way and looks like he was fed up. Alot of people on here can relate.
3. I have been blasted by this attitude of "I am better than you" "you don't know what you are talking about" on this site. One guy on here even infured I should be banned from this site because I dare question the leadership. But my opinions have been consistent.
4. I have said this before, I know alot of my fellow alumni that don't come on this site anymore and post because of what and how moosicman feels, right, wrong or indifferent.
5. You are 100% correct, this message board is not that important.
6. Again, some Truth to moosicman statement.
As a poster of about one year, I have found a lot of varing opinions, interesting information, some very loyal fellow Trojans along with some interesting personalities (good or bad) on this site. One year ago I fell in love with talking to fellow fans, most if not all younger than me, on a variety pf subjects on this site. I loved the idea of throwing out thoughts and seeing what responses came back. I never dreamed that in one year I would be considering giving up the discussions part and simply read the post because I was fed up with the sarcastic belittling that occasionally goes on here by a few. I have had a lot of fans disagree with many of my thoughts and that is fine with me. They have that right and I respect it. Often I disagree with them as well and that too is ok....or at least should be. What really disturbes me is the frequency with which some chastise, belittle or even mock posters they have a disagreement with. I have had my comments of being a past player and coach made into a sarcastic negative. I have been challenged to meet another poster at a baseball game or basketball game for what I assumed was not to just a friendly drink and to pass the time of day. I have been accused of wanting someone fired when I only stated my opinions of quality of play and stratagy. Believe me, other fans get fed up with this type behavior. The hypocracy of how it is seen or dealt with has been surprising to me. It is as though we seen to overlook/forgive some fans responses to others but not theirs in return and that bothers me a little. I truly feel I could meet any poster on this site and ,except for age difference, find a ton in common, have a cool one and enjoy the event. I hope I respect others opinions that differ from mine because it is true, and I have said, that this site is of NO importance when it comes to the real world. It is simply a place (or should be) where fans of Troy can come together to discuss athletics and related issues. Nothing says it has to be positive all the time. Nothing says it is a sin to ask a question. Nothing says we have to all agree on any issue. As a matter of fact, that would end most discussions since a differing point of view is the basis of discussions. What we do need to do is RESPECT everyones right to have an opinion and the freedom to say it. A lot of wonderful men and women gave their lives so that right can exist and I for one take it seriously. I have wondered why some are chastised/banned over their views when others are constantly given a pass. I have found it refreshing that one one day a particular poster may disagree with me strongly and the next day give me a thumbs up on a comment I make. That is how it shoud be. That is Troy fans being civil to each other and what makes sites like this of any value. Lets just all show respect to others even if they say something that we totally disagree with. Lets find a way to state a differing point of view without the sarcasm. Lets realise life "ain't" fair, never has been, never will be. We are all faceless intities on here but not in reality. We all have feelings, most have families and without a doubt are all fine outstanding caring Troy alums or friends and should be dealt with as such. This is just one old mans humbal opinion who is too tired to run and too old to take a butt whippin' so let's be civil to one another. Go Trojans!

Hemi Man
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
As a poster of about one year, I have found a lot of varing opinions, interesting information, some very loyal fellow Trojans along with some interesting personalities (good or bad) on this site. One year ago I fell in love with talking to fellow fans, most if not all younger than me, on a variety pf subjects on this site. I loved the idea of throwing out thoughts and seeing what responses came back. I never dreamed that in one year I would be considering giving up the discussions part and simply read the post because I was fed up with the sarcastic belittling that occasionally goes on here by a few. I have had a lot of fans disagree with many of my thoughts and that is fine with me. They have that right and I respect it. Often I disagree with them as well and that too is ok....or at least should be. What really disturbes me is the frequency with which some chastise, belittle or even mock posters they have a disagreement with. I have had my comments of being a past player and coach made into a sarcastic negative. I have been challenged to meet another poster at a baseball game or basketball game for what I assumed was not to just a friendly drink and to pass the time of day. I have been accused of wanting someone fired when I only stated my opinions of quality of play and stratagy. Believe me, other fans get fed up with this type behavior. The hypocracy of how it is seen or dealt with has been surprising to me. It is as though we seen to overlook/forgive some fans responses to others but not theirs in return and that bothers me a little. I truly feel I could meet any poster on this site and ,except for age difference, find a ton in common, have a cool one and enjoy the event. I hope I respect others opinions that differ from mine because it is true, and I have said, that this site is of NO importance when it comes to the real world. It is simply a place (or should be) where fans of Troy can come together to discuss athletics and related issues. Nothing says it has to be positive all the time. Nothing says it is a sin to ask a question. Nothing says we have to all agree on any issue. As a matter of fact, that would end most discussions since a differing point of view is the basis of discussions. What we do need to do is RESPECT everyones right to have an opinion and the freedom to say it. A lot of wonderful men and women gave their lives so that right can exist and I for one take it seriously. I have wondered why some are chastised/banned over their views when others are constantly given a pass. I have found it refreshing that one one day a particular poster may disagree with me strongly and the next day give me a thumbs up on a comment I make. That is how it shoud be. That is Troy fans being civil to each other and what makes sites like this of any value. Lets just all show respect to others even if they say something that we totally disagree with. Lets find a way to state a differing point of view without the sarcasm. Lets realise life "ain't" fair, never has been, never will be. We are all faceless intities on here but not in reality. We all have feelings, most have families and without a doubt are all fine outstanding caring Troy alums or friends and should be dealt with as such. This is just one old mans humbal opinion who is too tired to run and too old to take a butt whippin' so let's be civil to one another. Go Trojans!

You have a standing offer to come by our tailgate anytime. You or anyone else are welcome to stop. You are also more than welcome to come by and chit chat at anyother event we are both attending. I can assure you I don't have the least bit of ill will towards you or anyothers on this board. Look me up at the next event you will be attending. I will buy you a coke and we can share our Trojan pride. You might find out I'm not as big a jerk as some think.

redwaver
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
You have a standing offer to come by our tailgate anytime. You or anyone else are welcome to stop. You are also more than welcome to come by and chit chat at anyother event we are both attending. I can assure you I don't have the least bit of ill will towards you or anyothers on this board. Look me up at the next event you will be attending. I will buy you a coke and we can share our Trojan pride. You might find out I'm not as big a jerk as some think.
Now that is a response I can live with. Should we disagree in the future on some issue I trust it will remain as cordual. Hemi, I COMPLETLY respect your positions on issues and agree with them more often than not, I even understand you support of JR. I just hope you can understand why others disagree for their reasons as well. Heck, we obviously have more than enough to do to get back on track in several areas and I think I can safely say we all want Troy to be successful. Thanks for the positive response. Go Trojans!

Hemi Man
03-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Now that is a response I can live with. Should we disagree in the future on some issue I trust it will remain as cordual. Hemi, I COMPLETLY respect your positions on issues and agree with them more often than not, I even understand you support of JR. I just hope you can understand why others disagree for their reasons as well. Heck, we obviously have more than enough to do to get back on track in several areas and I think I can safely say we all want Troy to be successful. Thanks for the positive response. Go Trojans!

:eatdrink004: Sounds like a good plan to me.

Troy87
03-20-2012, 09:05 AM

Redwaver,

I certainly recognize your points in several instances, not just yours, but other dialogues as well. I think one of the things we are experiencing here on GTT is in parallel with the University, and that is growing pains. We have experienced tremendous growth in members and activity here on GTT in the last year or so. With that growth comes increased diversity, widely differing opinions and many different points of view on any given subject.

If you were to go look at any similar message board (MTSU's Big Blue Skillet for instance), or even the Sunbelt Board, I think you will find that the same arguments, tirades and disagreements occur. When GTT started out, most everyone was of similar opinion and there weren't many disagreements of major note.

One of the things that has happened, I think, is that those of us who have been on here for a long time are a little unsettled with the arguments that get going on here sometimes, and it may take us from a comfort zone we had gotten used to over the years. Now I know you haven't been on here too terribly long, but I would say you have been on here at a time when the biggest growth has occurred. Actually, you ARE one of the "new" participants that has added to that diversity, and differing points of view I mentioned.

GTT has seen 31% growth in membership in the last 6 months. That equates to about 600 new participants and viewers on here, and will certainly increase the number of differing opinions on a subject.

One of the things that I think tends to happen on message boards, especially when so many of the people become very passionate on a subject, is that people want to have their opinions seen, and there seems to be a line in the sand drawn in front of their opinion, and they dare anyone to cross that line, and differ in their opinion. It's machismo and "bowing up" on someone without the physical attack.

In general, I don't mind these type confrontations, because they often force people to consider other points in an argument. They may not be swayed from their opinion, but they do see how others may view a particular issue. I think the biggest thing is that people don't need to make arguments personal, nor do people need to take arguments personal.

EDIT:

And as an addendum for everyone; when responding to a passionate post, with an equally passsionate response, you might want to ask yourself, "Would I say this to this person if they were standing in front of me?". Just a thought.

Pcbtrojan
03-21-2012, 07:54 PM
As to the original post the store in question has had Troy gear since it opened which I think is pretty cool being in the heart of F ree S hoe U niversity country. Most of the time their prices are not too bad but it is Pier Park, not an outlet mall. As to differing opinions on this board the discourse at times is starting to get annoying. I like differing opinions as long as folks act like adults expressing them. I don't see many posts from fans that were active here less than four years ago. But then again it is a message board. People will tee off on someone when they are not in their face doing it.