PDA

View Full Version : Wku to the dance

Da Scout
03-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Made a good decision changing coaches midyear.

Lego
03-07-2012, 09:11 AM
Made a good decision changing coaches midyear.

Imagine that.

dgoebel
03-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Won't happen at Troy. We have what we have.

Hemi Man
03-07-2012, 10:54 AM
The same WKU team that Troy swept this year. It just goes to show that getting on a hot streak at the right time will get you to the big dance.

TroyTrojans2003
03-07-2012, 11:06 AM
man and their record is pitiful right? I thought maybe MTSU would get a bid, but just like the football stuff, our crap conference will get only this auto bid! Troy basketball= sucks, and has sucked for quite some time. Do we have to go 0-21 for changes?

Troy79
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
The folks up this way are going crazy with the way the Toppers have come together as a unit. The Coaching change was needed and it has made the AD at WKU look like a genius! There was a lot of upset fans and players on the team until the coaching change was made. We all assume the Toppers will be in one of the play-in games next Tuesday to get a chance to quality for the Field of 64. MTSU may have a remote (at best) chance to gain an at-large bid but it is possible that the Belt won't have a team in the Tourney starting next Thursday.

Da Scout
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Wku played tough hard nosed defense. You cant win playing zone all game unless you are syracuse with tjeir length. Hopefully next year troy abandons that horrible zone defense but I doubt it.

Lego
03-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Won't happen at Troy. We have what we have.

man and their record is pitiful right? I thought maybe MTSU would get a bid, but just like the football stuff, our crap conference will get only this auto bid! Troy basketball= sucks, and has sucked for quite some time. Do we have to go 0-21 for changes?

The folks up this way are going crazy with the way the Toppers have come together as a unit. The Coaching change was needed

I think the guiding light says once we get in the new arena, magically we will win. If we don't somebody, somewhere, will blame someone or something on why we can't win and the ride will keep circling around and around.

CHughes1102
03-09-2012, 01:52 PM
I think the guiding light says once we get in the new arena, magically we will win. If we don't somebody, somewhere, will blame someone or something on why we can't win and the ride will keep circling around and around.

Exactly. It's common knowledge.

dgoebel
03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
It is hard to believe that Troy is commited to winning in basketball. Yes, we have a new arena. But it is going to take more than that to have a succesful BB program. I am willing to wait 1 season on improvement, if nothing changes then it is obvious that Troy is accepting having the worst D1 Women's team and the worst Men's team in the conference.

TroyFootball05
03-11-2012, 07:05 PM
If this is correct, WKU could play #1 Kentucky. Tough break, but nice little interstate match up.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/bracket