PDA

View Full Version : frequent poster here needs prayers and thoughts

Harry Baker
03-06-2012, 07:36 AM
One of our regular and consistant poster here, FoulPolePhenom, and his wife needs your prayers and thoughts. They both go to the same church I attend and he is a co-worker of mine.
Yesterday morning (Monday) at around 1 to 2 am a person broke down one of their doors to their house. He was armed with a shotgun and attempted to rob them. Long story short because I don't know all the facts but the guy with the shotgun is in ICU with stab wounds and FPP and his wife are ok for the most part. Mrs. FPP had surgery for a severed tendon in her hand and FPP will have shoulder surgery this coming Friday. They should be fine physically but emotional may need more care. I know I would.
There is an article in The Troy Mesenger online and I think WSFA did a story on it also but did not see it.
Anyway, just please pray for them if you pray and keep them in thoughts ir you don't.
THANX!!

PensacolaTrojan
03-06-2012, 07:56 AM
What a tragic story. Prayers for their swift recovery and a justice system that puts animals like that behind bars for life.

Troy87
03-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Here's the article from the Messenger;

http://www.troymessenger.com/2012/03/05/young-couple-injured-in-home-invasion-suspect-in-icu/

Young couple injured, intruder in hospital after home invasion

Three people were charged with multiple felonies after a young couple and a home invader suffered injuries early Monday morning in Troy. The intruder remained in intensive care Monday evening.

At about 2 a.m., a man wearing a ski mask kicked in the front door of the victims’ home on Martha George Hall Drive and ordered them back into their bedroom at gunpoint, according to Troy Police.

Burn the Horse
03-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Wow, my prayers are with yall.

JonesOxygen
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
They have been in my prayers since I heard about it. I have several friends on that street so I knew it was someone I thought a lot of. FPP certainly showed what it meant to be Courageous! We have talked about it a few times before but this song and movie really came to life here:

We were made to be courageous
We were made to lead the way
We could be the generation
That finally breaks the chains

We were warriors on the front lines
Standing, unafraid
But now we're watchers on the sidelines
While our families slip away

Where are you, men of courage?
You were made for so much more
Let the pounding of our hearts cry
We will serve the Lord

And we're taking back the fight
And it starts with us tonight

The only way we'll ever stand
Is on our knees with lifted hands
Make us courageous
Lord, make us courageous

Thank you FPP for reminding us to be courageous!

Hemi Man
03-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Thoughts and prayers with both of them.

moosicman
03-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Praying for them.

Harry Baker
03-06-2012, 09:52 AM
Just read a new news story in the mMessenger and FFP is even more graced by God than I first new. Appearnetly there was two more associated with this attempted robbery.

http://www.troymessenger.com/2012/03/05/young-couple-injured-in-home-invasion-suspect-in-icu/

"Three people were charged with multiple felonies after a young couple and a home invader suffered injuries early Monday morning in Troy. The intruder remained in intensive care Monday evening.".........

Troy79
03-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Guys, whether this was a random or a targeted robbery, this is so scary for all of us. My prayers do go out to FPP and his wife. This is an emotional scar that will likely never go away and we all need to keep them in our prayers as they deal with horrible tragedy. They are so blessed to be alive after an encounter like this one.

dgoebel
03-06-2012, 04:13 PM
My prayers are with them. You sure don't think something like this could happen in Troy. The intruder got what he deserved and now prison is where they belong. A speedy recovery to FPP and his wife.

DChamplin
03-06-2012, 05:12 PM
I've never met Mrs. FoulPolePhenom, but FoulPolePhenom is a tremendous guy in every sense of the word. Praying for a quick physical and emotional recovery for those two. FPP is a courageous and heroic man and hopefully he'll never lose sight of that.

ThePowerMan
03-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Man...this story makes me think about what the shape of the world is in today. Good people minding there own business and something like this happens. Bad thing is that the intruders will not be in jail for long. There have been a couple of cops shot or killed in the Mobile area. This idiot intruders have no fear. No fear of death or getting caught.

Never met FPP but Thank Goodness that FPP and wife are ok. I pray for physical and mental recovery from this tragedy. I pray God gives you peace in your hearts.

tntrojan
03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Thoughts and prayers to FPP and his wife. Disturbing to hear of this happening anywhere, but especially surprising in Troy. Hope the perps go away for a long time.
TN Trojan

trojanbrutha
03-06-2012, 10:25 PM
God bless FPP and his wife...praying for a speedy recovery.

Lego
03-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Out of control animals should be caged and put down. Sad. Good recovery to the victims.

JonesOxygen
03-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Breaking News:
Per Troy Messenger
Home invasion suspect dies in Troy Hospital

http://www.troymessenger.com/2012/03/07/home-invasion-suspect-dies-in-troy-hospital/

dgoebel
03-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Live by the sword you die by the sword. He got what he deserved and his dieing saved the taxpayers a ton of money not having to give him a trial and pay for his prison time. My hat is off to FPP for the courage he showed fighting back and my prayers for a speedy and full recovery for him and his wife.

Burn the Horse
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Live by the sword you die by the sword. He got what he deserved and his dieing saved the taxpayers a ton of money not having to give him a trial and pay for his prison time. My hat is off to FPP for the courage he showed fighting back and my prayers for a speedy and full recovery for him and his wife.

It wouldn't surprise me if the family of the criminal tries to bring some sort of lawsuit against the homeowner. Of course, they won't have a case, but that doesn't mean they won't try.

dgoebel
03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the family of the criminal tries to bring some sort of lawsuit against the homeowner. Of course, they won't have a case, but that doesn't mean they won't try.

The family will doing the same "He was a good Boy" crap you hear all the time. He was a criminal and he got what he deserved, just wish the other two would have gotten the same fate and we would have 2 less worthless people on the planet.

JonesOxygen
03-07-2012, 02:16 PM
The family will doing the same "He was a good Boy" crap you hear all the time. He was a criminal and he got what he deserved, just wish the other two would have gotten the same fate and we would have 2 less worthless people on the planet.

I have on good authority that the mother of the intruder reached out to FPP and family to apologize after the incident. This appears to be a case of a bad apple not the whole tree.

Burn the Horse
03-07-2012, 05:11 PM
I have on good authority that the mother of the intruder reached out to FPP and family to apologize after the incident. This appears to be a case of a bad apple not the whole tree.

If that's the case than I commend her for doing so.

I sure do hope FoulPolePhenom can log in and tell us how he's doing soon.

Harry Baker
03-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Heres the lastest info I have. Mrs.FPP had surgery yesterday to repair her hand. It took longer than expected becasue the doc decded to go ahead and repair both tendon and some nerve damage. She was supposed to go home to her family this morning. FPP will have surgery on his shoulder Friday - not sure what it involves. They will stay will family for awhile. Our church is asking for any cards to be sent to the church and they will get it to them. I will get the address tomorrow as I have two young'uns in the tub.

ThePowerMan
03-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Look for the next thing to come out: The other two people involved will be charged for murder. There was a similiar case in the news in Alabama and the other people involved in the robbery were charged with murder. Law says that if someone is killed during a another crime then the people involved in the crime will be charged for murder. Even if the victim defends themselves. These two wanna-be criminals never dreamed it they would be charged for murder if they were waiting in the car or whatever they were doing.

This is going to be a LONG case for our dear GTT friends. I hope they get the justice they deserve. Praying for FPP and wife. You guys are awesome!!

Harry Baker
03-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Heres the lastest info I have. Mrs.FPP had surgery yesterday to repair her hand. It took longer than expected becasue the doc decded to go ahead and repair both tendon and some nerve damage. She was supposed to go home to her family this morning. FPP will have surgery on his shoulder Friday - not sure what it involves. They will stay will family for awhile. Our church is asking for any cards to be sent to the church and they will get it to them. I will get the address tomorrow as I have two young'uns in the tub.

Here is the address to the chruch:

Park Memorial United Methodist Church
Post Office Box 1291, Troy, Al 36081

I don't want to give out thier names without their permission so I will let Bev know that she may receive items that are addressed to Mr. and/or Mrs. FoulPolePhenom so she doesn't discard them.

You can also send them to me at work:

Dept of Broadcast and Digital Media
501 Universtiy Ave
146F Wallace Hall
Troy AL 36082

I will take them to Bev and have them sent that way.

There has not been an update yet this morning but I will send it along when one get here.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers!!

redwaver
03-08-2012, 02:41 PM
....and there some idiots out there who want to take guns out of the hands of honest citizens. Nope, not a chance. I want a chance to defend myself where ever I am because these folks are everywhere these days. This part of society that we have allowed to prosper through permissivness has birthed criminals who think they have some kind of "rights" to do thing like this. This a perfect example where ideas such as gun control are rediculous and the people pushing them need to be put out of office. FPP and his family deserved the right to protection. God bless them and their recovery.

moosicman
03-08-2012, 10:37 PM
+1. My wife is getting her CC this week. Ours will be one house you don't want to invade. Nor will you want to attempt to harm us outside the home.

redwaver
03-08-2012, 10:49 PM
+1. My wife is getting her CC this week. Ours will be one house you don't want to invade. Nor will you want to attempt to harm us outside the home.

Have had mine for two years and I just don't leave home without protection and at home, most rooms are covered. I'm too old to fight and too stubborn to take a butt whipping'. I respect how FPP defended his family. A proud Trojan. Now let's pull for their recovery.

Harry Baker
03-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Here is the latest e-mail from the church (it came in yesterday afternoon around 4 but I didn't see it until now - Friday 3 March):

Please continue to pray for FPP. FPP will have
surgery on his shoulder tomorrow morning around 8:00am at UAB. Mrs. FPP is
doing well and will have a follow-up doctor visit tomorrow. They will be
calling us tomorrow afternoon to give an update.

So in about 2 hours or so from this posting FPP will be having surgery...please continue the prayers and kind thoughts.

TroyDrum89
03-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Look for the next thing to come out: The other two people involved will be charged for murder. There was a similiar case in the news in Alabama and the other people involved in the robbery were charged with murder. Law says that if someone is killed during a another crime then the people involved in the crime will be charged for murder. Even if the victim defends themselves. These two wanna-be criminals never dreamed it they would be charged for murder if they were waiting in the car or whatever they were doing.

Didn't take long...

http://www.troymessenger.com/2012/03/09/invasion-accomplices-charged-with-murder/

"The two accomplices to the man who kicked in the front door of a home in Troy Monday and terrorized a young couple have officially been charged with felony murder in his death."

Cane gone Trojan
03-09-2012, 03:40 PM
To God be the glory....God takes care of HIS children...my prayers and thoughts go out to FPP and his wife for a full recovery both physically and emotionally.

ThePowerMan
03-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I still hate it for all involved. More than likely, these intruders did not "think" they would kill anyone. But if you play with fire....you need to be prepared to get burned. Don't bring a gun to the party unless you are an idiot. These criminals need to be prosecuted to the fullest. I hate it for their families.

FPP and wife.....I pray for strength for you guys. Everything happens for a reason. Good, bad, and ugly. We may never know in this lifetime but God protected your lives for a reason.

Harry Baker
03-10-2012, 08:27 PM
I have not gotten an e-mail from the church as of this post. I will try to find out something in the morning at worship service.

Harry Baker
03-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Yesterday at church our preacher let us know that FPP had completed his surgery and was doing well. Mrs. FPP was recovering with family.

Much to my surprise (and all at work), both FPP and Mrs. FPP paid us a visit this morning (Monday). They look great. They said thier plans are to start back (albeit slowly I hope) coming to work next week. It was such a wonderful sight to see them and talk to them for a little bit. Please contiue the thoughts and prayers for their coninuing recovery and praise God for their strength.

FoulPolePhenom
03-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Hey guys, i just wanted to check in and let yall know we are doing well. The support we have received during this time has been tremendous. It is shown us that the city of Troy/Troy University is tight-knit family that cares for each other. We look forward to being at the baseball games and the upcoming football scrimmages, the type of things that will help take our minds off of everything.

tntrojan
03-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Welcome back FPP!

Mr.E_205_Legion
03-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Hey guys, i just wanted to check in and let yall know we are doing well. The support we have received during this time has been tremendous. It is shown us that the city of Troy/Troy University is tight-knit family that cares for each other. We look forward to being at the baseball games and the upcoming football scrimmages, the type of things that will help take our minds off of everything.

One of the most anticipated posts this year!!! Glad you are back on the site and appreciate the update! Continued thoughts and prayers daily ...

ThePowerMan
03-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Awesome!! Glad you guys are good

goe1975
03-15-2012, 08:32 PM
I am so glad you guys are ok. To know that those kind of things really do happen (especially in Troy, Alabama) just blows my mind beyond words. You are a brave man and a true American hero, FPP. If there were some way I could give you all of my rep points, I would.

Troy79
03-16-2012, 01:10 PM
FPP, we are all pulling for you and your wife to get your lives back in order. I know this is a journey you never expected to take but God has plans for us all and I know you will be stronger because of this horrific event. There have been so many prayers leading your way and I know you are aware of the support from all your fellow Troy Trojan brothers and sisters. Keep up the strong fight and we are all looking forward to future posts as you begin moving on with your lives. Please let your bride know that she has been an inspiration as well. No one ever plans for events like what you had to face but we know you handled things as best you could under the circumstances. Glad to hear you plan on making some Troy baseball games. You have helped to remind us all just how precious life is and we are proud to call you our brother.

Sincerely,

Go TROY!