PDA

View Full Version : Hard to lose..

troymarkus
10-23-2004, 10:12 PM
But what a great game. I'm proud of my Trojans. Great game. The penalty on Munson was bogus by the way. But we played well and hung tough. Nothing to be ashamed of.

tsufl
10-23-2004, 10:15 PM
I had to listen on the computer.
How was the call a bad call?

just think folks that was a game we should have won.
Im proud of how we played, esp. after last weeks disaster.
Would have helped though if we could have gotten a TD out of Ansleys INT though. Oh well.

ksdtrojan
10-23-2004, 10:17 PM
Good to see Larry B. with the headsets on. I also thought D.T. made some good plays as well.
BIG STAT: NO TURN OVERS (Can't say that very often.) And the play of the defense again was huge. DeMarcus for Heismen.

troymarkus
10-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Munson simply stepped off the line like we do at least 20 times a game and motioned for the receiver to step up to the line to make 6 on the line. We do that every time. For some reason they called it a penalty. There is nothing illegal about it. Oh well. Now it's back to the Belt.

goe1975
10-23-2004, 10:21 PM
I was pretty upset about the loss...we should have won...but they did give it all they had...welcome to Troy, DT, you are a great addition and we are proud to have you...see y'all next week at home!

TUrocks
10-23-2004, 10:21 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. I'm proud of the boys tonight. LSU's defense is ranked close to ours. We put a freshman into his first start on the road against the number #17 team on their homecoming, and gave them a scare.

Good job, boys
Good game.

goe1975
10-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Remember how nervous you were watching that first Nebraska game? And how exciting it was when we scored on them and then held them in the red zone? Now think about tonight in Baton Rouge and how far we have come. We really expected to win, and should have against the national champs! That says a lot for our boys. Losing a close one to LSU is a thousand times sweeter to me than blowing out Jack State just a few short years ago!

BMarkey
10-23-2004, 11:00 PM
With all respect to my fellow fans, I am sick of being "proud" of my little team. This game should have been a win for Troy and we just freaking (I mean another word) blew it.

I am literally sick about it.

The defense held us in the game and made the difference (even more than usual), but for the second consecutive game, when we need the "D" the most, it collapsed, allowing the big TD pass. That's two straight games lost on the last series. Minutes earlier, the Trojans had LSU's offense backed up to near its own goal. The momentum was all Troy's.

Our "D" backfield gave the LSU receivers 5- to 7-yard cushions all night, just letting them catch the balls. I know we had to respect the long pass (when as it turned out, beat us), but we allowed them to march down the field.

Our tackling was abysmal. Honestly, we were throwing flailing arms around some of the best backs in the SEC, and some defenders were just throiwng their bodies without even trying to wrap up.

The turnovers and INTs kept us in it, while the pathetic offense stunk up the joint again. So obvious tonight was our awful offensive line. They could not give our QBs more than a second or two to set up and throw.

On one running play, Betterson might have made a long gain and a first down, had Junior Louissant gotten his pulling ass moving quick enough to allow the runner anywhere but up his back! The only runs we got were made almost solely by the efforts of our backs.

Why did we run right up the gut so much, as opposed to off-tackle plays and options?

D.T. showed he is our QB tonight. He hung in there tough, despite beign manhandled all game. He got us some nice yardage out of blown pass plays. Yes, he made some stupid freshman errors, but I am confident those won't continue. He held onto the ball at least.

Leak had his chance to redeem himself but looked awful in the last series.

The refs: They sucked! Pathetic. Did the ref 5 feet away from the play where D.T. was leveled several feet out of bounds notice anything?

Did they have to rob us of a great TD pass that, IMO, would have won the game?

Did they notice (I have it on TiVo) the LSU defender climbing all over Munson's back on what would ave been a key first down pass late in the game?

Could they have called a couple of roughing the passer penalties, or were they too busy flagging us for "illegal formations" and illegal grounding?

Some of the missed calls were plain as day, thanks to TiVo.

I was in Nebraska, Virginia, Miami and many other places where Troy had a chance. That was a few years ago and now just playing well doesn't cut it for me any more. I guess that, in itself, is a sign of Troy's progress, but this loss stings in my gut more than any other.

We had them on the ropes and let them get away, despite ourselves!

And to make the situation even worse, I turned the channel to ESPN just in time to hear the commentators show the Troy-LSU highlights and give a collective "whew". Then one of them commented about how no major college AD will ever want to schedule Troy again.

So much for replacing Iowa State! I hope we don't get stuck between a rock and a hard place in future scheduling.

Well, I've got to get back to banging my head against the wall.

Sarahbelle
10-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Hey guys!

Just back in and had a great time with the posters on here and all the other fans. We had a great crowd. I'm pretty sick about the loss too but we all know how hard it is to have to play the SEC refs and I'm sure our new AD is going to have a challenge ahead of him trying to schedule non-confernce teams for us to play since those seem to be the only games we get up for. Anyways, I'm exhausted and having a hard time trying to put thoughts together. :P

troylightning
10-24-2004, 03:18 AM
Our guys represented us well tonight. It was a great game and I am glad I made the trip. Great food, great fans and a great football team....What more could we ask for? If I had $5 for every LSU fan that came up to me after the game and congratulated us on a great game, I would be a rich man.It was a great experience and boy is that place loud.

D.T. is the MAN!!!! He played extremely well under the pressure he was under. I believe they should have relieved him some earlier in the game, as he seemed extremely fatigued as that probably led to him getting the wind knocked out of him a couple of times.

Munson was not offsides. That was the worst call of the game and switched the momemtum of the game completely into LSU's hands.

As Always, Go Trojans!!

Chip

troymarkus
10-24-2004, 07:11 AM
I guess I'd be right there with you if it weren't for the terrible losses at Arkansas State and New Mexico State. I guess those losses have taken a bit of the expectation I had for this team away. Normally I would be just as dissapointed as you after this loss. As a matter of fact, I was surprised at myself. I really am proud of the team.

TSUWhiner
10-24-2004, 10:08 AM
I think we should start calling out teams that we want to play next year. Screw the ESPN crew...like I have said before they are doggin Utah...all the time..saying..they dont belong..blah blah blah..Just shutup..grow some balls and let teams like Boise, Utah, and Troy play the so called "powers". The "powers" are just like us on Saturday..just the same..and just as equal. We as fans need to be vocal about the teams we want to crap on...our future rests on it. And please dont schedule teams like Buffalo, Akron, East Michigan!

TUTrojan
10-24-2004, 08:37 PM
We are giving ourselves chances to win these big games. We used to have a chance to win a quarter. We now are fighting hard for the entire game, with chances to win. We have improved our players and depth dramatically in the last four years. We have just a little farter to go until we see the 9 and 10 win seasons that we expect.