PDA

View Full Version : GoTroyTrojans.Com ToolBar

faithintsu
09-30-2005, 05:31 AM
Thanks to TrojanWar who created our very own GoTroyTrojans.Com Tool bar to fit into your favorite browser. Basically its just like a Yahoo or Google Toolbar, but custom for GoTroyTrojans.Com fans!!

Chekc it out and let us know if you have any questions, comments, or bugs. I am sure TrojanWar will give a better description of it as well.

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/goTroyTrojans.com_Toolbar.exe

BMarkey
09-30-2005, 07:07 AM
WindowsXP "found a problem" with the file, when I tried to install it.

The idea sounds great.

faithintsu
09-30-2005, 07:07 AM
Weird it worked for me just fine.

formerlytsufan
09-30-2005, 08:14 AM
WindowsXP "found a problem" with the file, when I tried to install it.

The idea sounds great.

My comp says the same thing. Is there anything I need to change concerning my settings?

Troy85
09-30-2005, 08:23 AM
I had no problem installing the toolbar. It looks great! Thanks TrojanWar :D

TrojanWar
09-30-2005, 08:34 AM
I will post another download location for those having problems running the file Jeff has. I have not seen any installation issues so if you do have trouble, try to get the full error or better yet get a screenshot and email it to: trojanwar@comcast.net. I will also post a link to a Firefox version for those that hate Internet Explorer (like me). After a few people get it installed I'll go over some of the functions included in each version. I will be able to update the toolbar and then everyone that already has it installed will be able to get the future updates without having to reinstall. There is no spyware or malware installed with this toolbar. If you have suggestions for links you would like to see added or taken away, let me or Jeff know and we'll look into it.

Internet Explorer Installer:
http://home.comcast.net/~trojanwar/goTroyTrojans.com_Toolbar.exe

Firefox Version:
http://home.comcast.net/~trojanwar/goTroyTrojans.com_Toolbar.xpi

formerlytsufan
09-30-2005, 08:54 AM
I will post another download location for those having problems running the file Jeff has. I have not seen any installation issues so if you do have trouble, try to get the full error or better yet get a screenshot and email it to: trojanwar@comcast.net. I will also post a link to a Firefox version for those that hate Internet Explorer (like me). After a few people get it installed I'll go over some of the functions included in each version. I will be able to update the toolbar and then everyone that already has it installed will be able to get the future updates without having to reinstall. There is no spyware or malware installed with this toolbar. If you have suggestions for links you would like to see added or taken away, let me or Jeff know and we'll look into it.

Internet Explorer Installer:
http://home.comcast.net/~trojanwar/goTroyTrojans.com_Toolbar.exe

Firefox Version:
http://home.comcast.net/~trojanwar/goTroyTrojans.com_Toolbar.xpi

My comp says that the file was blocked because it lacked a digital signature.

TrojanWar
09-30-2005, 09:19 AM
That sounds like an IE security setting. Try going into Internet Options and the click on the Security tab. Try lowering your security setting and then try again. You can always reset the security setting after the toolbar is installed. Again, I use Firefox but I have installed the toolbar in IE several times without any issues. If you are installing on your work PC, it could be that your local IT staff has some security in place to prevent things like this from being installed. That's how I have things set at my workplace.

If that does not work, go back to Internet Options and click on the Advanced Tab at the top. Scroll down to the Security settings and make sure the setting "Check for signatures on downloaded programs" is unchecked. You can also uncheck "Check for publisher's certificate revocation."

These are just a couple of suggestions for Internet Exporer users to try if you have trouble installing the toolbar. Like I said, I have installed it on several PC's and I have yet to have a problem.

formerlytsufan
09-30-2005, 09:45 AM
That sounds like an IE security setting. Try going into Internet Options and the click on the Security tab. Try lowering your security setting and then try again. You can always reset the security setting after the toolbar is installed. Again, I use Firefox but I have installed the toolbar in IE several times without any issues. If you are installing on your work PC, it could be that your local IT staff has some security in place to prevent things like this from being installed. That's how I have things set at my workplace.

If that does not work, go back to Internet Options and click on the Advanced Tab at the top. Scroll down to the Security settings and make sure the setting "Check for signatures on downloaded programs" is unchecked. You can also uncheck "Check for publisher's certificate revocation."

These are just a couple of suggestions for Internet Exporer users to try if you have trouble installing the toolbar. Like I said, I have installed it on several PC's and I have yet to have a problem.

Got it! Thanks for the help...

BMarkey
09-30-2005, 04:55 PM
When I ran the install program right from the download, it failed. After I saved the download file to my hard drive, and then ran it, it worked fine.

Noice job.