PDA

View Full Version : Troy vs. Louisiana Game Thread

CHughes1102
02-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Props to the Women's team for winning their 1st Conference game and their second game of the season 58-52.

Now...time for the Men to win. We've lost 9 out of our last 11 games.

CHughes1102
02-04-2012, 08:58 PM
We trailed 14-5 early on, but now we've cut into the lead.

UL leads 18-16 with 7:30 left in 1st Half.

Da Scout
02-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Another player with their career high. Before this game the kid made 9 all year. Troy's zone is terrible

Da Scout
02-04-2012, 10:20 PM
It's not the gym, its not the players, it the coaches! Can they get someone to wipe the floor, let some kids in free to do it. With the new arena can they get some Mops, I'm tired of seeing the players and refs look for a towel to wipe the floor.

Da Scout
02-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm just venting

trojanchad
02-04-2012, 11:18 PM
The lack of floor moppers is a little embarrassing. I noticed it too. What was with our floor tonight?

Even though it was a loss, this team showed a ton of fight in the last five minutes.

Our full court pressure worked well when we ran it. I thought we would have fouled more late in the game since their free throw shooting was off.

Something to build on at least. This team didn't quit. And yes, I'm praising them for not quitting. Doesn't seem like much, but this team could have been dropped by 20 or more points the way it looked mid 2nd half.

CHughes1102
02-05-2012, 12:23 AM
I had to leave the house for a bit. What did Maestri say on the postgame?

Lost 10 out of our last 12 now.

Hemi Man
02-05-2012, 12:43 AM
The lack of floor moppers is a little embarrassing. I noticed it too. What was with our floor tonight?

Even though it was a loss, this team showed a ton of fight in the last five minutes.

Our full court pressure worked well when we ran it. I thought we would have fouled more late in the game since their free throw shooting was off.

Something to build on at least. This team didn't quit. And yes, I'm praising them for not quitting. Doesn't seem like much, but this team could have been dropped by 20 or more points the way it looked mid 2nd half.

Totally agree.

DjSlique
02-06-2012, 11:13 AM
What in the hell is going on with our coaching??? Very difficult to comprehend this 2-3 zone every game and our "globe trotter" weave on offense every possession.....

Lego
02-06-2012, 01:06 PM
D-I Basketball is a game that you need good facilites to win. Next Year when Trojan Arena opens, Troy will win big and make it to the Big Dance.

CHughes1102
02-06-2012, 01:55 PM
D-I Basketball is a game that you need good facilites to win. Next Year when Trojan Arena opens, Troy will win big and make it to the Big Dance.

If anything the facilities would just improve on the recruiting. It wouldn't make the players that are already there have more talent than they already do. Only thing that will do that is just them just having another year of experience.

Da Scout
02-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I really don't think its the players. Troy is in just about every game. The Usa game everyone knew they were going to go inside on the final play, why not put in chambers and Owens down the stretch. You let them run the clock all the way down, why not switch to man and put ball pressure, worst case scenario they score early and you have a chance to tie or win. Against ull they don't get key rebounds down the stretch from the free throw line, they had all guards in the game. Everygame you play the same zone defense and gives another player his career high. Troy is the easiest team to prepare for. You run the weave on offense all game long, and when a team plays zone like Fiu did you just have three men around the perimeter throwing it back and forth. The win against wku was the first time he switched back and forth from zone to man. It's not the players they are in every game. I am thankful for the players we have. With the poor facilities, playing zone defense all game, shooting threes all game will not get a quality big man,mopping the floor for themselves during the game, lack of exposure on website,when was the last time you saw video coverage on the site. Recruits look at all these things. Jmo

DjSlique
02-06-2012, 03:47 PM
One more question.. what is going on with the player rotation??? Talk about mind games with these kids. Da Scout is right, cant blame the players at all because everybody really does hustle every possession.

Lego
02-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Interesting dialogue about the status & history of Troy's Basketball Program:
- Some say the Coaches are not at fault
- Some say Troy could never win because of the facilities.
- Some saw the players don't run the coaches scheme right.

Question is how does Troy become a power in the Sun Belt, like we would want be ?
- Facilities Question has been answered.
- Is our Coaching Staff outdated ? Scheme ? Recruiting ?

dgoebel
02-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Interesting dialogue about the status & history of Troy's Basketball Program:
- Some say the Coaches are not at fault
- Some say Troy could never win because of the facilities.
- Some saw the players don't run the coaches scheme right.

Question is how does Troy become a power in the Sun Belt, like we would want be ?
- Facilities Question has been answered.
- Is our Coaching Staff outdated ? Scheme ? Recruiting ?

Football had tradition when LB took over. It had had 3 bad years but the tradition was there. LB was hungry and he turned Troy into a 1-AA Power and has won at D1. Basketball has no tradition at Troy so it is harder. My concern is that when the university has apparently accepted mediocre to terrible (women's) basketball and has kept the same coaches...then what hunger or incentitive is there for the coaches to perform? Not being critical but look at any of our jobs...if we did a mediocre, sub standard job would we still be employed? let alone 8 plus years later??