PDA

View Full Version : Another game. Another terrible loss

CHughes1102
02-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Lost to a 5-15 FIU team at home by the score of 63-50. Anybody see the AWFUL Freethrow attempts at the end?

Oh...and the Women's team got massacred too.

Somebody fire these nutjob coaches. They've been there for way too damn long and need to get out.

EDIT: Remember after one game this year when Don said he was embarrassed and the next day they were going to work harder than they ever have before to fix the problem? We've lost 9 out of our last 11 games. Looks like he has no clue on how to fix anything.

Hemi Man
02-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Lost to a 5-15 FIU team at home by the score of 63-50. Anybody see the AWFUL Freethrow attempts at the end?

Oh...and the Women's team got massacred too.

Somebody fire these nutjob coaches. They've been there for way too damn long and need to get out.

EDIT: Remember after one game this year when Don said he was embarrassed and the next day they were going to work harder than they ever have before to fix the problem? We've lost 9 out of our last 11 games. Looks like he has no clue on how to fix anything.

Thanks coach Hughes.

trojanchad
02-02-2012, 11:05 PM
The first five minutes were pretty awesome.

CHughes1102
02-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Thanks coach Hughes.

No problem random ass fan who thinks he knows everything.

Hemi Man
02-03-2012, 04:58 AM
Oops. Somebody is mad again.

Lego
02-03-2012, 06:59 AM
To answer the 1st post, Yes another bad loss.

- Coach M & Coach F have been bolted on the sideline for awhile now running their brand of basketball. This brand hinges on one stat. One stat only. This brand depends on having streaky shooters. Not even the best shooters are consistent enough for what is needed. And when these shooters are on the bad side of a streak or just not as good as thought, this leads to bad streaches of games or even seasons. Just the brand of basketball these coaches run.

It's not about how hard they work, how good the kids are, it is a simple system revolving around one simple aspect of basketball. I have seen enough Troy BB games to know it's not about working extra hard (like Coach M stated) it's whether or not he has the streaky enough shooters for that game or season.

It is also why this system was abandoned by most programs in the 90's. Troy is not D-II, in the East Coast or Atlantic Sun Conference anymore. (when Coach M was winning)

Thursday night that stat was 8 out of 29.

Coach M & F will be given seasons in the new Arena. It's the Troy way.

Just a Trojan Supporter and Fan (paying his money)

The women's program, well it just is. Feel bad for those girls, they are being lied to.

dgoebel
02-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Where is the incentive to improve or win when you have NO FEAR of losing your job.

TrojanWarrior418
02-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Why is it everyone seems to believe the new Trojan Arena will somehow give our basketball programs magical powers? Everyone is waiting for us to get into the new facility and by that fact every thing will turn around. Why? How? Our basketball teams stink up Sartain on a nightly basis soon they'll stink up the Arena. Remember kids even if you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig (or your blind date).

Lego
02-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Why is it everyone seems to believe the new Trojan Arena will somehow give our basketball programs magical powers? Everyone is waiting for us to get into the new facility and by that fact every thing will turn around. Why? How? Our basketball teams stink up Sartain on a nightly basis soon they'll stink up the Arena. Remember kids even if you put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig (or your blind date).

TW,

because the Defenders always use the "excuse" that because our coaches have to play in what they perceive as a sub standard facility that they can't recruit/win. And thus should be given a pass.

This excuse does not hold water, because there are alot of succesful D-I programs with worse places than Sartain.

tenaciousT
02-03-2012, 01:53 PM
TW,
This excuse does not hold water, because there are alot of succesful D-I programs with worse places than Sartain.

Name them...

I am not saying there are not, i just want to know which DI programs are succesfull in gyms worse than Sartain.

Lego
02-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Name them...

I am not saying there are not, i just want to know which DI programs are succesfull in gyms worse than Sartain.

Some are slightly better, some slightly worse, some on par.

Marquette
UNC-Ashville
George Mason
Seton Hall
Providence
Cleveland State
St. Joeís
Bucknell
Murray State (has a new place now, but were good when they had a dump)
Drexel
Villanova
Penn

Can go on and on. Point is sometimes the problems are not always all the external issues that people point to as excuses of why we canít succeed.
Again, I absolutely hate when my fellow alumni always use some sort of excuse on why we can't win and succeed.

And I know it doesnít compare but Dukeís Cameron Indoor is really not that nice. Not fancy at all. Just has championship hardware all over the place. Been there.

Hemi Man
02-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Some are slightly better, some slightly worse, some on par.

Marquette
UNC-Ashville
George Mason
Seton Hall
Providence
Cleveland State
St. Joeís
Bucknell
Murray State (has a new place now, but were good when they had a dump)
Drexel
Villanova
Penn

Can go on and on. Point is sometimes the problems are not always all the external issues that people point to as excuses of why we canít succeed.
Again, I absolutely hate when my fellow alumni always use some sort of excuse on why we can't win and succeed.

And I know it doesnít compare but Dukeís Cameron Indoor is really not that nice. Not fancy at all. Just has championship hardware all over the place. Been there.

Marquette
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4yE7Xb-4jGA/SSRV7dIcLOI/AAAAAAAAAHA/faljqfh9TxQ/s400/100_0837.JPG

George Mason
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_drUMJ9HF-tQ/SXSx4KtfmNI/AAAAAAAAHBc/kwy2LVpRENE/s400/Pat+Cntr.jpg

Seton Hall
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/SetonHallGameatPruCenter.jpg/400px-SetonHallGameatPruCenter.jpg

Villanova
http://pictures.replayphotos.com/images/V/lg/Villanova-University-Stadiums-Pavilion-Game-Night-at-Pavilion-V-S-PAV-00001lg.jpg

Now my question is when was the last time you were in Sartain Hall?

Doug4Troy
02-03-2012, 07:22 PM

It was many hats ago.

Doug4Troy
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM

Hemi may be a lot of things... but on this board, "random" is NOT one of them.

Lego
02-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Marquette
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4yE7Xb-4jGA/SSRV7dIcLOI/AAAAAAAAAHA/faljqfh9TxQ/s400/100_0837.JPG

George Mason
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_drUMJ9HF-tQ/SXSx4KtfmNI/AAAAAAAAHBc/kwy2LVpRENE/s400/Pat+Cntr.jpg

Seton Hall
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/SetonHallGameatPruCenter.jpg/400px-SetonHallGameatPruCenter.jpg

Villanova
http://pictures.replayphotos.com/images/V/lg/Villanova-University-Stadiums-Pavilion-Game-Night-at-Pavilion-V-S-PAV-00001lg.jpg

No worries Hemi. Some of your pics are not the regular on campus arenas You kinda missed the point. Point is sometimes the problems are not always all the external issues that people point to as excuses of why we canít succeed.

But it's cool. You guys could be right. We get the new arena, then we start winning. Big.

GO TROY

Hemi Man
02-03-2012, 08:48 PM
It was many hats ago.
Attendance has dropped off since hat guy hasn't been there.

Why thank you. I think.

CHughes1102
02-03-2012, 09:24 PM

He's just one of the many Troy fans out there who says crap to others. He is no better than anyone else I know in this world. Especially those that I know on GTT.com

redwaver
02-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Winning brings in better talent, period! The new arena will certainly help but until we win regularly that better talent will go somewhere else. Now how do we win? Just like LB and the football coaches did this year, get off your duff and go find a few good kids who would like to play in a small town in south Alabama. Ain't easy, never was. Good news, in BB it only takes 3 or 4 to turn things around where in football it takes a bunch so work HARD to find that 3 or 4! We do have to change our approach awaay from so many 3 pointers but that may come with different talent. Free throws? Really? PRACTICE!!

Hemi Man
02-03-2012, 09:49 PM
He's just one of the many Troy fans out there who says crap to others. He is no better than anyone else I know in this world. Especially those that I know on GTT.com

You must know some really high up people here on GTT. I'm kind of envious. I don't know anyone on here that's a higher up. You are right though I'm just like you and everyone else on this board and this planet.

dgoebel
02-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Winning brings in better talent, period! The new arena will certainly help but until we win regularly that better talent will go somewhere else. Now how do we win? Just like LB and the football coaches did this year, get off your duff and go find a few good kids who would like to play in a small town in south Alabama. Ain't easy, never was. Good news, in BB it only takes 3 or 4 to turn things around where in football it takes a bunch so work HARD to find that 3 or 4! We do have to change our approach awaay from so many 3 pointers but that may come with different talent. Free throws? Really? PRACTICE!!

Football got aggresive recruiting this year and really picked up some great talent, both HS and juco. BB recruiting is a joke. All they do is go scour juco's for leftover players. Get aggresive and go find some HS recruits. Part of recruiting is sales. You have to sell the product and BB seems to be unwilling to do this and the product on the court shows it. A new arena will help but if the coaches put no effort into recruiting, then all Troy got was a multi million dollar, state of the art graduation arena.

Hemi Man
02-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Football got aggresive recruiting this year and really picked up some great talent, both HS and juco. BB recruiting is a joke. All they do is go scour juco's for leftover players. Get aggresive and go find some HS recruits. Part of recruiting is sales. You have to sell the product and BB seems to be unwilling to do this and the product on the court shows it. A new arena will help but if the coaches put no effort into recruiting, then all Troy got was a multi million dollar, state of the art graduation arena.

That's the point. You can sell them on the arena where as right now do you even show them Sartain?

bft
02-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Have you ever seen a Basketball Game??? There's not 10% D1 schools have a worse Arena.
Not only do we have the worst basketball arena how about a Rec. center for students????? We need something other than steeples and flowers to show prospective athletics: Not Wright Hall, Children's Home Gym, Davis Field House! Go visit just the schools in the Sun Belt you will wonder how we fool anyone in becoming a Trojan!

Doug4Troy
02-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Why thank you. I think.

You are welcome, I'm sure.

dgoebel
02-08-2012, 05:26 PM
That's the point. You can sell them on the arena where as right now do you even show them Sartain?

I agree Sartain was a dump and the new arena will help. But, you have to sell your product. Does the recruit want to sit the bench in a nice arena or start on a DI team in Sartain? Next year the focus better be like football was this year....We are getting aggressive and selling prospects on the fact we need them and they will get a chance to play right now!!! That is recruiting. It isn't just here is our stadium/arena..Do you like? No...ok, hope you find a school. It is, we need you, we want you, you have a chance to play DI and start and build a tradition. Do you want to be part of something special? We want you to be part of something special. The good recruiters do this...period!!!

jagd1305
02-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Let's remember one very important thing about Sartain, it was a state of the art facility when it was built in the early 60's and when we were a NAIA school. I think we've bled all we're going to get out of that turnip!