PDA

View Full Version : Troy Vs MT Tonight

Trueblue147
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
I figured I would post it since none of you guys were likely to. Also, it's being viewed on ESPN3 for those interested.

troy4ever21
01-26-2012, 05:26 PM
MT is the best of the Belt this year. It'll be a tough game for our fellas. Good luck Troy! GO TROJANS!

TrojanWarrior418
01-26-2012, 06:14 PM
MT is the best of the Belt this year. It'll be a tough game for our fellas. Good luck Troy! GO TROJANS!

I would wager that we go cold with the 3's early. MT pulls away around halftime and Troy loses by no less than 15 points. AND...Mastrei bolts early and makes some kind of comment how embarrased he is and vows to go back to work during the week in Troy. AND someone on here mentions that a star player is hurt and should give coach the benefit of the doubt because the new arena is nearly complete and that should give our basketball team magical powers to recruit, shoot three's, rebound, make free throws and cure cancer (well maybe not the last one but close). I'm psychic!

trojanchad
01-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Our offense can't be stopped... as long as our 3 point percentage is at least 80-90%.

CHughes1102
01-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Exactly like I expected. We can't hit 3's and since that's all the coaches know to do, it blows their freaking minds when it doesn't work.

Da Scout
01-26-2012, 09:54 PM
I agree but middle just has more talent.

CHughes1102
01-26-2012, 09:58 PM
I agree but middle just has more talent.

Thankfully there are 2-19 teams out there we can beat.

Lego
01-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Didn't attempt a huge amount of three tonights. Didn't make many of the ones attempted but maybe the "change" in playing style coming ?

CHughes1102
01-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Didn't attempt a huge amount of three tonights. Didn't make many of the ones attempted but maybe the "change" in playing style coming ?

Don had an interview before the season where he talked about implementing a new style of play for this season. He stated that it was the same style of play he used to run where they led the nation in scoring. That's basically code for "SHOOT 3's. ALL DAY EVERYDAY. CAN'T MAKE EM? HELL SHOOT MORE THEN"

Hemi Man
01-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Don had an interview before the season where he talked about implementing a new style of play for this season. He stated that it was the same style of play he used to run where they led the nation in scoring. That's basically code for "SHOOT 3's. ALL DAY EVERYDAY. CAN'T MAKE EM? HELL SHOOT MORE THEN"

I know you haven't made to any games this year, but if you had you would see that a majority of the time when we drive inside the shot is either blocked, altered, or we end up having to pass it back out to an open shooter. I'm not sure what offense you would recommend for an undersized team, but I would love to hear it.

Lego
01-27-2012, 09:04 AM
I know you haven't made to any games this year, but if you had you would see that a majority of the time when we drive inside the shot is either blocked, altered, or we end up having to pass it back out to an open shooter. I'm not sure what offense you would recommend for an undersized team, but I would love to hear it.

In all fairness, Coach has recruited to the size of the team because of the scheme he runs. So if he is trying to run one scheme when he has recuited for another, well then....

Good thing about basketball, if you want to change systems you can truly change it (with good results) within a year's time

CHughes1102
01-28-2012, 04:06 AM

Holy mess!!! I realized we were small, but just looked at the roster. I've seen a LOT of JUCO teams play this year and we would be small compared to most of the teams I have seen. That's bad......real bad.

EDIT: We have some taller guys on the bottom of the roster that looks to be decent sized. They are the ones that don't play though.

Pcbtrojan
01-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Ever watch Princeton?