PDA

View Full Version : Coach Blakeney: tell us how you really feel!

formerlytsufan
09-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Here is the response I got back from LB concerning the woes of the team this year. Thought everyone would like to know hoe LB really feels!

I do not read any internet message boards. First of all I do not have time for such trival uneducated gossip. People need to get a life and do something positive with their time. Anybody can get on a computer and speak like he or she knows something about a football match-up, coach, coaches, or any other subject. You are appreciated as a season ticket holder and you have your right to your opinion. We are working hard to replace 17 starters from 2004. Obviously you expect a lot. We are working 16 hours days to get back where we all want to be and higher. How some people forget!
Have a good day!!

Coach Blakeney
Head Football Coach

Tums
09-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Here is the response I got back from LB concerning the woes of the team this year. Thought everyone would like to know hoe LB really feels!

I do not read any internet message bboards. First of all I do not have time for such trival uneducated gossip. People need to get a life and do something positive with their time. Anybody can get on a computer and speak like he or she knows something about a football match-up, coach, coaches, or any other subject. You are appreciated as a season ticket holder and you have your right to your opinion. We are working hard to replace 17 starters from 2004. Obviously you expect a lot. We are working 16 hours days to get back where we all want to be and higher. How some people forget!
Have a good day!!

Coach Blakeney
Head Football Coach
LMAO, looks like a student worker reply to me.

FHBrian
09-26-2005, 01:42 PM
If this is really his reply I just don't know what to say. I believe discussing and supporting our team is productive. Would he really rather that no one cares enough about Troy to talk about the team. If this is really his comment and in addition to his comments to the press in the last weeks I may get a life and find something better to do on Saturdays than support him and his team. I am at work today after traveling all weekend to see Troy play and I am just about to give up. I am not sure how I feel about him now. Yes we do expect a lot but his comments of late don't sound like he expects much out of the team. When I heard him say before the UAB game he didn't expect to win, not exactly what he said but it was the overall feeling he gave, I thought he was just trying to motivate the team to play harder. Maybe he has grown complacent. Sorry for my rambling.

formerlytsufan
09-26-2005, 01:42 PM

I do not read any internet message bboards. First of all I do not have time for such trival uneducated gossip. People need to get a life and do something positive with their time. Anybody can get on a computer and speak like he or she knows something about a football match-up, coach, coaches, or any other subject. You are appreciated as a season ticket holder and you have your right to your opinion. We are working hard to replace 17 starters from 2004. Obviously you expect a lot. We are working 16 hours days to get back where we all want to be and higher. How some people forget!
Have a good day!!

Coach Blakeney
Head Football Coach
LMAO, looks like a student worker reply to me.

D1Trojan4U
09-26-2005, 01:52 PM
I can't understand how another thread is calling for Coach Blakeney to have the balls to give Spurrier speak, and when he does- it is posted against him.

I can't say that I disagree with his comments. His job is to coach and lead the team to the best of his abilities- not to serve to our calls per se. I think he's also dead on about many people not knowing what they are talking about in many cases.

A point was made recently about that I believe has some merit. I do believe that we have been spoiled to an extent as fans- and have lost sight of the big picture. Yes- we have had many great moments as a 1-A program- but we are still a very young program overall that has a long way to go.

My perception of our program seems to be in the middle of many here. No, we are not playing well as of late - but we all must recognize the fact that we are still in our initial infant steps of progress. We have hit a bump in the road- and some that have been riding the bandwagon of fun are thinking of getting off. It is during these tough times that those of us that are true fans must struggle through as well and continue to support in any ways we can. Current frustrations are understandable- but it is not the end of the world and things will get better. (maybe even this season)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is tough on all of us, but don't throw your hands up in the air and give up on our program yet- not when it probably needs us the most. We can be up there with the Utahs and Boise State's of college football- but those things will progress over time- not overnight. The things worth having are worth waiting for- and I look forward to chatting with all of you in a few years about "that one season when we thought it was all over".

BMarkey
09-26-2005, 01:53 PM
That response is so discouraging. I hope he did not write that response. If so, he does not understand his fan base at all.

This site (as well as its predecessors) and its core group of fans is the best thing that ever happened to Troy football's growth.

Such a show of disrespect to such a dedicated group (professionals, students, donors, Troy employees and instructors, law officers, former players, media, boosters, season ticket holders and more) could only prove that a coach could not understand what we mean to his program and support structure.

Please, Coach Blakeney, address this group and clear up any misunderstanding that might have occurred here.

TSUWhiner
09-26-2005, 01:59 PM
very rude comments made to you indeed. Coach B.I hope to god you didnt say that bullcrap. Here are some words of advice for you my friend. You are in I-A football and believe it or not we can pull a damn Notre Dame on you and have you fired my friend. Believe me, alumni and boosters can do that favor for you.

Whiner

bulldogtrojan
09-26-2005, 02:29 PM
If this is really his reply I just don't know what to say. I believe discussing and supporting our team is productive. Would he really rather that no one cares enough about Troy to talk about the team. If this is really his comment and in addition to his comments to the press in the last weeks I may get a life and find something better to do on Saturdays than support him and his team. I am at work today after traveling all weekend to see Troy play and I am just about to give up. I am not sure how I feel about him now. Yes we do expect a lot but his comments of late don't sound like he expects much out of the team. When I heard him say before the UAB game he didn't expect to win, not exactly what he said but it was the overall feeling he gave, I thought he was just trying to motivate the team to play harder. Maybe he has grown complacent. Sorry for my rambling.

tsufl
09-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Its always easier to be an "arm-chair quarterback/coach" than it is to actually be one. I think LB has more important things to worry about than fans emailing him complaining about the teams recent performances. Dont you think he KNOWS that the team isnt performing to the expectations of the fans? Cmon folks let the man do his job and let us do ours. Has the O played well? NO it hasnt. Am I happy about it? No not at all but Im not going to pester the coach about it. This isnt Chuck High folks. Keep in mind that the "real season" starts Tuesday. A win Tuesday in Denton is a big step toward playing in the New Orleans Bowl.

Go Trojans.
Heres to a great conf. season!

bulldogtrojan
09-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Sorry for that. I was trying to agree with this post - especially about traveling all weekend with 9 others in my family. We have been long-time Troy supporters - my dad took us to watch the bus come into Troy in 1968 after that championship. We give each year - not as much as some, but more than others, we are at all home games, not only for football, but basketball and baseball, and we also travel to at least two away games each year. We will continue to do this , regardless of the record because we are Troy fans. That said, I could have done alot of other things with my "so called life" this past weekend including saving the $300 (just for me)it took to go. I sincerely hope that LB did not write this. I was a Troy fan before he got here and Lord willing, I'll be one long after he is gone. I'm not ready to run him out of town, but he is the HEAD coach and all that comes with it, including frustrated alums like many of us.

formerlytsufan
09-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Its always easier to be an "arm-chair quarterback/coach" than it is to actually be one. I think LB has more important things to worry about than fans emailing him complaining about the teams recent performances. Dont you think he KNOWS that the team isnt performing to the expectations of the fans? Cmon folks let the man do his job and let us do ours. Has the O played well? NO it hasnt. Am I happy about it? No not at all but Im not going to pester the coach about it. This isnt Chuck High folks. Keep in mind that the "real season" starts Tuesday. A win Tuesday in Denton is a big step toward playing in the New Orleans Bowl.

Go Trojans.

The purpose of the email was not to critque the coaches (of which I did none), but to let him know that we as Trojan supporters are not happy with the present situation and that the time is drawing near for him to step up and make some tough decisions. I don't think I was out of line by making those comments. I never questioned LB on his abilites or decisions and I never called out anyone or even mentioning firing anybody. I just feel that Blakeney needs to know that "we" are growing tired of the direction the offense is going in.

troyfan
09-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Well put D1. WE have been spoiled with several great seasons and when we have adown year everyone wants to criticize (including me). I think LB is great for this program and he does have a vision for the future of the program.

FHBrian
09-26-2005, 02:47 PM

Go Trojans.

I agree he has better things to do than respond to every negative comment made about him, his coaching staff, and his players, but a total lack of respect for people who are supporting him is uncalled for. I have very rarely heard negative comments about LB on here and I am still not convinced this was written by him, but if it was then I am not sure how I feel about him. I would venture to say that a majority of people on this site are true fans of Troy and are the people that are there at the games cheering the team on. I wish there was a way to verify this e-mail but there probably isn't anyway to know whether these are his comments.

formerlytsufan
09-26-2005, 02:51 PM
I can't understand how another thread is calling for Coach Blakeney to have the balls to give Spurrier speak, and when he does- it is posted against him.

I can't say that I disagree with his comments. His job is to coach and lead the team to the best of his abilities- not to serve to our calls per se. I think he's also dead on about many people not knowing what they are talking about in many cases.

A point was made recently about that I believe has some merit. I do believe that we have been spoiled to an extent as fans- and have lost sight of the big picture. Yes- we have had many great moments as a 1-A program- but we are still a very young program overall that has a long way to go.

My perception of our program seems to be in the middle of many here. No, we are not playing well as of late - but we all must recognize the fact that we are still in our initial infant steps of progress. We have hit a bump in the road- and some that have been riding the bandwagon of fun are thinking of getting off. It is during these tough times that those of us that are true fans must struggle through as well and continue to support in any ways we can. Current frustrations are understandable- but it is not the end of the world and things will get better. (maybe even this season)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is tough on all of us, but don't throw your hands up in the air and give up on our program yet- not when it probably needs us the most. We can be up there with the Utahs and Boise State's of college football- but those things will progress over time- not overnight. The things worth having are worth waiting for- and I look forward to chatting with all of you in a few years about "that one season when we thought it was all over".

I have never been and will never be on any bandwagon. I am a Trojan fan through and through and I assure you that it is with the best intentions that I say what I say. That being said, I am getting tired of this complacent attitude from the coaching staff and some of our fans. One money game a year is fine with me, but can we please play teams more on our level?

BMarkey
09-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Maybe a member of the media could check this out. This might be time for a good season gut check story - one involving the fans, who are normally very supportive of L.B.

tsu59
09-26-2005, 02:55 PM
I would think, and hope, he is to busy to care about the message board - I think he is generally concerened about how fans feel about the status of the football team - but he has to satisfy himself first - if he spent alot of time trying to satisfy everybody else he never would get anything done.

I had rather we be 4-0 now instead of 1-3 - and I think coach B had too - but he is the coach, I ain't, and I think things will get better because he is coach and I ain't - they just won't get as good as I once thought they would - but that's my problem - not his.

Meanwhile I'll gripe when they lose and brag when they win - just like most every body else. :D

Meanwhile - anybody know the sports writers predictions on tuesdays' game. :?:

TUpimp
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
formerlytsufan, would you mind posting the e-mail that you sent to blakeney?

formerlytsufan
09-26-2005, 03:14 PM
formerlytsufan, would you mind posting the e-mail that you sent to blakeney?

Here ya go:

Most fans (and I am sure you as well) are very unhappy with the results of the season so far. I know that you don't like to read internet message boards, but I think you ought to take a look at what the Trojan faithful are saying. Most of the people (myself included) are donors of the program and would give our support no matter what, but there comes a time that people just say enough is enough and I feel that that time is coming very quickly.

www.gotroytrojans.com

opetradamous
09-26-2005, 03:34 PM
You deserved the comments you got from LB.

That was a classless e-mail!
Do you think your Bobby Lowder from Auburn?
or Jimmy Raine or something??

I guess that $100 bucks you donate a year should get you thet co- offensive coordinator position.

Troy has some idiotic fans to write a coach who is doing a great job!!

formerlytsufan
09-26-2005, 03:42 PM

I guess that $100 bucks you donate a year should get you thet co- offensive coordinator position.

idiot

It is none of your business what I give to the university each year, but I assure you that it is a lot more than $100! So what you are saying is that I only have a right to voice my opinion if I give tons of cash to the university each year? I sure hope everyone else doesn't feel that way, because the coaches are accountable to all fans no matter how much they give to the program!

tsu59
09-26-2005, 03:42 PM

idiot
Anybody know who the hell these people are - more important - does anybody give a damn who they are :?:

PS: about your signature ; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

opetradamous
09-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Just b/c you denote your cash to Troy gives you no right to call out LB. Just last year we were calling him the greatest coach we could ever have!!

By the remark about Lowder and Raines: You seemed to threaten LB saying that the boosters weren't happy. So what are you gonna do??? Not donate your money?? I just think that was a classless e-mail you sent to LB. I think it was uncalled for!!

damous

formerlytsufan
09-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Just b/c you denote your cash to Troy gives you no right to call out LB. Just last year we were calling him the greatest coach we could ever have!!

By the remark about Lowder and Raines: You seemed to threaten LB saying that the boosters weren't happy. So what are you gonna do??? Not donate your money?? I just think that was a classless e-mail you sent to LB. I think it was uncalled for!!

damous

I wasn't one of the guys calling LB the greatest coach last year. I think LB has one major weakness and that is loyalty. Yeah stability in a program is crucial, but you got to be able to cut a guy lose if he isn't getting the job done (same goes for any business). I am not threatening Coach Blakeney in any way; I just wanted him to know that the people that should matter to him (donors, fans, etc.) are beginning to get a little unhappy. So, I can't voice my opinion to one person who should be willing to hear it? Come on!

tsu59
09-26-2005, 03:52 PM

damous
In my book this one is pretty high on the list :!:

faithintsu
09-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Okie Dolie Folks - the personal bashing on each other is going to cause this thread to be locked up.

Although I agree that we should have a right to call out whoever whenever, (and on this forum your will) I will lock down threads when they start attacking people on an individual level.

Any further conversation you wish to have about this thread - take it up in private messages.