PDA

View Full Version : Leodis at RB!

TUpimp
09-26-2005, 11:42 AM
I say we put Leodis at running back! He seems to be able to hold on to the ball, find blockers, And can see the field very well. He looks to be one the most athletic guys on the team.

kiwan
09-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Too much of a good thing is never a good thing.

TUpimp
09-26-2005, 02:23 PM
You have to put the ball in the hands of the playmaker and it seems to me he is the only playmaker we have from an offensive standpoint. If we don't get any production out of the running game we'll keep getting our asses handed to us. I know Leodis probably isn't suited to play RB but I'm just using him to make the point that we need production from the backfield, besides producing fumbles and turnovers.

CardinalBlackTrojan
09-26-2005, 03:48 PM
But does he have the mass or strength of a HB? And if he gets hurt as a HB, we have no kickoff/punt returner that can score for us just about every game.

BillyRubin
09-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Mass or strength are relative. The guy cannot be any worse than what we have there now. I would be willing to bet he would improve the O. Just say he does get hurt...we get beat then 48-13 instead of 48-20.

Are we finding comfort in that 7 point run back he made? Magnificent run, but very low degree of repetative probability...

I'll bet you he's not scared to do it either and would probably approach it with a Rudy like attitude.

tsu59
09-26-2005, 04:26 PM
I think Leodis is just fine where he is - he's making the news as a P/K return man - thats good for him - next year he'll probably start at CB - I would expect the D coaches hope he stays on the D side of the ball - any place he is I think he will be good - but that's a coaches' decision.

Tums
09-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Leodis is averaging a 147.25 APY per game.
The entire offense averages just 259.5 TY per game. LM's yardage output already yields as much as 57% of the offense output. I think the Offense needs more changes than just to put LM over there for a few plays.

littlebittyschool
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Leodis is actually leading the Sunbelt in all-purpose yardage. Not a QB or RB or even a receiver... a kick returner. And unlike Ted Ginn from "the" Ohio State University or Reggie Bush, Leodis does it only by returning kicks.

What harm could it do to let him in on "O" on a reverse every now and then? Or maybe line him up split way, way out. If nothing else, he'd be a helluva decoy.

TU/JSU Fan
09-26-2005, 11:15 PM
I agree with TUPimp here.. Leodis is an amazing athlete. It is a shame that he isn't used more in more ways than just returning kicks.

Troy85
09-27-2005, 08:48 AM
The thing is that on special teams, Leodis has blockers, the offensive line does not! I could run for 100 yeards a game at running back if we had a line that could block and open up holes!!

BMarkey
09-27-2005, 09:20 AM
He could be dropped into the offense as a receiver or slot back, have a ball dumped quickly to him, outside, and run like hell.

It would work.

opetradamous
09-27-2005, 10:27 AM
damous

ksdtrojan
09-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Leodis is not big enough to be a college RB but in the slot he could be very dangerous on any number of plays. I.E. Wide Receiver Screen, Reverse, ETC.

D1Trojan4U
09-27-2005, 12:27 PM
I secretly wonder how well he can throw the ball. It'd kinda be like having DT at QB, except with a better relationship with teammates and GPA.

faithintsu
09-27-2005, 12:56 PM
I secretly wonder how well he can throw the ball. It'd kinda be like having DT at QB, except with a better relationship with teammates and GPA.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ksdtrojan
09-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Did anyone notice how Leodis was coaching Darius Williams after his attempted kick return? I thought that was pretty cool.

TUpimp
09-27-2005, 02:18 PM
hell, we need somebody to coach, cause we all know fleetwood needs some help!! :lol: