PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting update for weekend--1/12/2012

trojanbrutha
01-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Recruiting update for weekend (http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2012/01/recruiting-update-for-weekend.html)

Troy has a big recruiting weekend this weekend, from searching the interwebs. Lots of current commitments and a few non-commits. This is not an official list and it's certainly possible that some guys could cancel their trips or some guys could get added late.

Current commits
Andre Allen, RB, Mosley, Fla.
Brandon Burks, RB, Daleville, Fla.
Brandon Silvers, QB, Gulf Shores, Ala.
Luke Lawrence, OL, Hillcrest-Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Jaquadrian Lewis, DB, Fitzgerald, Ga.
Brandon Brooks, WR, Jacksonville, Fla.
Antonio Garcia, OL, Riverdale, Ga.
Mitchell Roland, LB, Auburn, Ala.
Cody Core, WR, Auburn, Ala.
Bobby Walker, WR, Bartram Trail, Fla.
Michael Lindsey, ATH, Elba, Ala.

Others

dgoebel
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
The two DL from Lowndes and Orlando Freedom would be huge pick ups. Orlando area is some of the toughest football in the country and Lowndes is a top notch program. Hope we get both or at least one. I like the 6"6 height on the Orlando player.

trojanbrutha
01-13-2012, 07:08 PM
B_BROOKS8 brandon brooks
Just arrived in #Bama #TroyBound

dgoebel
01-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Seen him play. He is going to be a good one. A great pick up for Troy.

trojanbrutha
01-14-2012, 06:07 PM
dothaneagletroy Drew Champlin
Last RT was Madison (Bob Jones) defensive back Rishad Goode tweeting that he committed to Troy. He's visiting this weekend

trojanbrutha
01-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Rishad Goode - DB - 247Sports (Jr Highlights)

uuC0SvdWbvw

trojanbrutha
01-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Opening KO for TD...http://videos.al.com/huntsville-times/2011/09/region_8_class_6a_hazel_green_1.html

trojanbrutha
01-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Another brief recruiting update (http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2012/01/another-brief-recruiting-update.html)

Madison defensive end Marquez Pride, like teammate Rishad Goode, also posted on his twitter that he committed to Troy.

Pride, 6-3, 255, was the Huntsville Times Defensive Player of the Year (http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/-5714739008674128945/bob-jones-senior-end-marquis-pride-was-named-times-defensive-player-of-the-year/).

So, looking for defensive ends who might play? Maybe here's one of your guys. I'll try to track him down on Sunday to get comments.

dgoebel
01-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Seems like great pick ups.

trojanbrutha
01-15-2012, 01:22 PM
2012 Troy commit list (http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2011/07/2012-troy-commit-list.html)

I will update this list with all updates to Troy's 2012 recruiting class. A link will be posted on the right side of the blog.

**** (Star count is the highest rated I could find the commitment listed on all of the recruiting sites - rivals, scout, ESPN, 247sports.com)

HIGH SCHOOL
***Brandon Silvers (QB, Gulf Shores, Ala.)
**Brandon Burks (RB, Daleville, Ala.)
***Andre Allen (RB, Panama City, Fla.)
**Cody Core (WR, Auburn, Ala.)
***Bobby Walker (WR, Fruit Cove, Fla.)
***Brandon Brooks (WR, Jacksonville, Fla.)
**Michael Lindsey (WR, Elba, Ala.)
Antonio Garcia (OL, Riverdale, Ga.)
***Luke Lawrence (OL, Tuscaloosa, Ala.)
Garrett Peek (DE, Millbrook, Ala.)
Marquez Pride (DE, Madison, Ala.)
**Mitchell Roland (LB, Auburn, Ala.)
***Shaquille Beverly (DB, Jacksonville, Fla.) - early enrollee
JaQuadrian Lewis (DB, Fitzgerald, Ga.)
**John Knight (DB, Thomasville, Ala.)
Rishad Goode (DB, Madison, Ala.)
JUNIOR COLLEGE
***Deon Anthony (QB/ATH, Hinds, Miss. CC)
***Jamel Johnson (WR, Holmes, Miss. CC) - was at Troy in 2010
***Chris Hawkins (OL, Hutchinson, Kan. CC)
**Brandon Timmons (DE, Northwest Miss. CC)
**Wayland Coleman-Dancer (LB, Miss. Delta CC)
**Eli Canton (LB, NE Mississippi CC)
***Mark Wilson (LB, Fullerton, Calif. CC) - was at Troy in 2010
**Brandon Powe (LB, Miss. Delta CC)
***Jeremy Spikner (DB, NE Mississippi CC)
***Martrez Townes (DB, Itawamba, Miss. CC)
**Will Scott (P, Gulf Coast Miss. CC)

2011 GRAYSHIRTS or NON-JUCOS
Chris Davis (DB, Thomasville, Ala.)
Ryan Kay (K, Hampton, Ga.)
Lonnie Gosha (DL, Lake Butler, Fla.) - left Arkansas midway through last year

All of these JUCO commits are, at this point, expected to be midyear transfers. So are the 2011 grayshirts/non-JUCOs and Shaq Beverly

tenaciousT
01-15-2012, 03:11 PM
per Drew (twitter)

Drew Champlin@dothaneagletroy
Stanhope Elmore defensive end Garrett Peak committed to #Troy this weekend. Sounds like others did too but trying to track down

1:57 PM - 15 Jan 12via web Details

Looks like it has been a pretty successful weekend for us!

trojanbrutha
01-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Garrett Peek - DE/OLB

wq84u3oY0_E

trojanbrutha
01-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Valdosta, Ga., defensive lineman James Mathis committed to #Troy while on his visit - bit.ly/zzdkYl (http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2012/01/james-mathis-commits-to-troy.html)

trojanbrutha
01-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Terris Lewis commits to Troy (http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2012/01/terris-lewis-commits-to-troy.html)

Yes, it was a good recruiting weekend for the Trojans.

Terris Lewis, an all-state player from Linden, committed on his visit.

"I like the school and I like the coaches," Lewis said. "I think that in four years, I can come in and get a good education and hopefully have a chance at the NFL."

Lewis, 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, did just about everything for Linden, playing outside linebacker, tight end, wide receiver and H-back for Linden, the Class 1A runner-up. He also played in the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star game.

Lewis was recruited also by UAB, Jacksonville State, Memphis and South Alabama. He projects as an outside linebacker for Troy.

dgoebel
01-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we only allowed 25 signess per year. With 11 juco signess and 15 HS commits we are at 26. Either we are allowed more or we are going to have some DNQ's again. Any insight?

NWFLTrojan
01-16-2012, 09:26 AM
I think we are allowed to sign up to 28, but I am not sure. The 25 number is only a SEC rule.

Lego
01-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we only allowed 25 signess per year. With 11 juco signess and 15 HS commits we are at 26. Either we are allowed more or we are going to have some DNQ's again. Any insight?

You assume all are qualifiers. History shows not all will qualify (& coaches know or should )

tenaciousT
01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
You assume all are qualifiers. History shows not all will qualify (& coaches know or should )

and we will probably have a couple Grey Shirts as well.

Does anybody remember how many committments we have had in the past 2 weeks before signing day?

It seems like there are more kids committed before actual signing day than we have in the past. The coaches have done a great job talking to these kids and getting them committed.

Hemi Man
01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
I think we are allowed to sign up to 28, but I am not sure. The 25 number is only a SEC rule.

I think you are right on the 28. Also, some of the gray shirts may count back to last season. Very possible that some won't qualify as well. That is something you just have to wait and see what happens.

plynch0604
01-16-2012, 10:54 AM
I think you are right on the 28. Also, some of the gray shirts may count back to last season. Very possible that some won't qualify as well. That is something you just have to wait and see what happens.

Also, any early enrollees such as Shaq Beverly count toward 2011. Were there any other early enrollees?

plynch0604
01-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Has anyone heard anything on one of the WR defecting to another school. I heard Core was possibly looking at Kentucky and Brooks was possibly considering Miami. Has anyone heard anything about these two or any other WR defecting. We need all we can get.

tenaciousT
01-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Also, any early enrollees such as Shaq Beverly count toward 2011. Were there any other early enrollees?

according to Drew

15 guys signed midyear... i think a couple were grey shirts and a the rest were JUCO/Gosha (D1 transfer)/Beverly (HS).

http://dothaneagletroy.blogspot.com/2011/12/some-thoughtsresearch-on-troys-midyear.html

Mr.E_205_Legion
01-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Has anyone heard anything on one of the WR defecting to another school. I heard Core was possibly looking at Kentucky and Brooks was possibly considering Miami. Has anyone heard anything about these two or any other WR defecting. We need all we can get.

I KNOW from experience that you cannot depend on what these young men might say while on their visits OR their follow up VERBAL commitments. To say this period in their life is a pressure cooker is an understatement! They have to endure pressure from family, longtime friends, university students and staff, etc.

Just know (and have faith) that we will get and keep the student athletes that will be successful in a place like Troy :wave:

TexasTrojan
01-16-2012, 04:12 PM

Im sure Kentucky and Miami are already trying to sew up next years group and are starting on putting togather 2014. If these men havnt recieved firm offers by now then they would maybe be considering walk on

tenaciousT
01-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Im sure Kentucky and Miami are already trying to sew up next years group and are starting on putting togather 2014. If these men havnt recieved firm offers by now then they would maybe be considering walk on

Cody Core recieved an offer from Kentucky... takes his visit this weekend. hopefully we can hold onto this guy!

http://www2.oanow.com/blogs/prep-blog/2012/jan/07/auburn-high-and-troy-commit-cody-core-gets-offer-k-ar-2999471/

trojanbrutha
01-18-2012, 02:11 PM
#Troy commitment Terris Lewis is the 1A Lineman of the Year, from @AaronSuttles

trojanbrutha
01-18-2012, 02:14 PM

I'm thinking that the NCAA has adopted that number, but the most important number is the 85...

Lego
01-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm thinking that the NCAA has adopted that number, but the most important number is the 85...

This is true

tenaciousT
01-23-2012, 01:48 PM
post deleted to start new thread.