PDA

View Full Version : CFN predicts Troy will go bowling....

formerlytsufan
09-26-2005, 09:25 AM
I am shocked that anyone would even consider the fact that we have a chance to go to the New Orleans Bowl.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Bowls/Bowl_Projections.htm

CattouseFan
09-26-2005, 09:27 AM
You had just posted this 2 minutes before I did. I just noticed that on cfbnews.com. Troy is the highest ranked Sunbelt team in the cfbnews 119 rankings at 104

tsu59
09-26-2005, 10:08 AM
A bowl game vs Tulane would be great - especially if they get the dome fixed in NO - doubtful - anyone know where NO bowl might be held assuming the NO dome is out

LARaginCajun
09-26-2005, 11:11 AM
They had speculation but since the hurricane I do not know if it is still on, but they were talking about it in the newspaper and in the news that they are most likely going to put it in Lafayette LA.(this year) and keep it within the state.

New Orleans is not going to host it this year, the Super Dome is to mestup for that one. I do not know if the Saints can ever play in it again. Benson probally will get his new stadium, or move the team.

tsu59
09-26-2005, 11:38 AM
They had speculation but since the hurricane I do not know if it is still on, but they were talking about it in the newspaper and in the news that they are most likely going to put it in Lafayette LA.(this year) and keep it within the state.

New Orleans is not going to host it this year, the Super Dome is to mestup for that one. I do not know if the Saints can ever play in it again. Benson probally will get his new stadium, or move the team.
Thanks LA.R.C. - did Lafayette get much damage from the hurricanes ?

My wife and I really enjoyed the trip to Lafayette last year - Mulate's in Breaux Bridge is a great restaurant. :)

Trouble is we we like to go thru the Mississippi Gulf Coast when we ever got the chance - hate that it got so much damage. :(

Geaux Trojans :!:

Trojans1andAll
09-26-2005, 05:45 PM
A bowl game vs Tulane would be great - especially if they get the dome fixed in NO - doubtful - anyone know where NO bowl might be held assuming the NO dome is out

I fear that Tulane would humiliate us.

JaredMc
09-26-2005, 05:53 PM
How about a Troy vs.UCF or Troy vs. Marshall game? I think either would be a great turn out for the NO bowl.

tsu59
09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
How about a Troy vs.UCF or Troy vs. Marshall game? I think either would be a great turn out for the NO bowl.
I vote for a game with UCF - and a coin toss for having it in Troy or Orlando.

CardinalBlackTrojan
09-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Why not Florida State's Football stadium for the NO bowl? Just about equal mileage for troy and ucf

tsufl
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Why not Florida State's Football stadium for the NO bowl? Just about equal mileage for troy and ucf
Nobody wants to play in that sh*thole.
Just play the NO bowl in Laff.

BMarkey
09-26-2005, 10:24 PM
I would $%^& for a game versus UCF. I hope they win out and we have a miracle and face the Knights.

troy4ever
09-26-2005, 10:43 PM
I think a bowl game against UCF would be great! Having such a history against them, I know there would be such an excitement surrounding the game. AT this point it looks like a very unlikely possibility, but who knows? Go Troy, and as much as I hate to say it, Go UCF!

trojanforce
09-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Post this article in the locker room and make sure our players/coaches look at it and believe it!

Trojan Force

MeanGreen61
09-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Latest CBS Sportsline Bowl predictions.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

CattouseFan
09-27-2005, 11:51 PM
I found that funny that CBS now has Michigan to finish 7th in the Big Ten.

troy4ever
09-28-2005, 06:34 AM
That's funny they predict North Texas vs UAB because it could just as easily become Troy vs UAB all over again. Not saying I want that to happen, but it could.

ksdtrojan
09-28-2005, 07:16 AM
That's funny they predict North Texas vs UAB because it could just as easily become Troy vs UAB all over again. Not saying I want that to happen, but it could.

I would love one more shot at UAB, especially after a year of advancement of our younger players. I would bet LB, the coaching staff, and more over the players would love another shot as well.

dfarr
09-28-2005, 10:20 AM

I would love one more shot at UAB, especially after a year of advancement of our younger players. I would bet LB, the coaching staff, and more over the players would love another shot as well.

if u want to get embarrassed again, then be my guest. we have our eyes set a lot higher than the new orleans bowl.

BMarkey
09-28-2005, 11:15 AM
The more he opens his stupid mouth, the more it's easy to disregard the accomplishments UAB has made and hate that place.

Continue to be the "effective" ambassador you are!

dfarr
09-28-2005, 12:25 PM
dont get your feelings hurt over the truth. i'd hate the team that destroyed us on our home field as well.

troy4ever
09-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Yes, UAB has their eyes set on higher than the New Orleans bowl. They're actually retarded enough to think they'll now get an at-large bid to one of the four BCS bowls since they've beat us!

TroyPremier
09-28-2005, 01:02 PM
and it starts again....... :?

dfarr
09-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Yes, UAB has their eyes set on higher than the New Orleans bowl. They're actually retarded enough to think they'll now get an at-large bid to one of the four BCS bowls since they've beat us!

had we beaten tennessee, maybe, but our conference is pretty weak this year.

TSUWhiner
09-28-2005, 03:59 PM
not again..i thought we lost fartbag for the year...I hope UAcrap loses or something..maybe go to the Poincrappa bowl..u guys still suck....

Whiner

TrojanFan2
09-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Give credit where credit is due........UAB is the best team we have faced this year. We fumbled away our games to Mizzou and USC.

Lord-Mustang
09-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Give credit where credit is due........UAB is the best team we have faced this year. We fumbled away our games to Mizzou and USC.

Remind me how UAB got their first 14 points? Credit WOULD be given where it were due, but not there!