PDA

View Full Version : The time has come....

formerlytsufan
09-26-2005, 08:43 AM
I know some of you can't do this because of your present work situation, but the rest of you need to join me in this.

The time is now for us (alumni, donors, etc.) to begin speaking out about our concerns. I don't mean speak out from behind a computer monitor. No one will listen to what you have to say unless you first are willing to let them know who you are. Let them know that first, you are an alum, second, that you are a donor.

It is time that LB knew how we feel. I am tired of the complacent attitude that I get from the coaching staff. The time has come for changes to be made, and LB needs to step up and make some tough decisions.

Please don't tell me that no one wants to hear what we have to say. Trust me, they will listen if you speak loud enough!

bulldogtrojan
09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Did anyone else get mad that LB said "our season begins this week"? What in the H$^$# have we been doing for the last 4 weeks. If only conference games had counted last year we would NOT have gone bowling. We went because we beat two teams "not in our season." I also was not happy with the quote a "comedy of errors." There is nothing funny about this. I know that some of this is after game interview speak, but I agree with the previous post - our coaches are complacent. The bad news is that if LB won't stand up and make changes we can't do anything about it. How could we buy out his contract is we can't pay anyone else? (Not that I think we should just yet.) And I think we don't need to throw Fleetwood under the bus - just buy him one-way ticket for the bus and let LB call the plays - he was a QB.

kiwan
09-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Sorry to disagree Bulldog, but our season does start this week. The conference title is the only REAL accomplishment we play for each year. I do not feel like we have a snowballs chance in hell to win the Sunbelt, but the season does start Tues.

Big Time Football
09-26-2005, 10:52 AM
The rest of our season begins this week. Ok LB, so the statement you make with your comments is we are a mediocre team and we are going after the conference title of the weakest DI conference in existence. Geez, why not have some balls like Spurrier did after his loss to Alabama and say it like it is. We stink, our coaching stinks, our players are not prepared, we deserve any boos we get, we have to become competitive with the big boys in the other conferences. Say something that doesn't make Troy look lame. The coaching and play has already done that. Damned the excuses for mediocrity, become a great team.

BillyRubin
09-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Sorry to disagree Bulldog, but our season does start this week. The conference title is the only REAL accomplishment we play for each year. I do not feel like we have a snowballs chance in hell to win the Sunbelt, but the season does start Tues.

If this is the attitude our staff, players and supporters take then Troy's football program will always be about drinking beer at the tailgate party and watching all of the big school wanna-be's walk around with their Auburn and Alabama garbage on.

We will never be taken seriously until we take ourselves seriously! This attitude is disgusting.

Swordsman
09-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Billy great comeback, you beat me to it. It is pathetic to think that the conference is the only thing to play for. What a piece of crap attitude kiwan. I don't want Troy fans that think like that. We have got to take football serious and expect to take steps forward each year. Their is no reason why we could not be undefeated right now. I don't think coaches and players are giving everything they have to become better. Even if we don't win every game there is more out there than the Sunbelt title or the New Orleans Bowl. If our coaches and players think the way you do kiwan then they have lost a die hard fan and alum in me!!!!

tgrad8384
09-27-2005, 08:05 AM
Get a life folks. What do you want him to say? "We lost three of our first four and are mad so we're just going to quit playing!" Good grief. Of course he would want to be 4-0 right now. But he's not. So he's using the most prominent thing he has to dangle in front of his team to motivate them -- a conference championship. That is, by the way, what we play for each year -- not the MNC, yet!

As for complacent... Yeah right. LB is complacent. That's how he's accomplished what he has, by being complacent.

We are all frustrated. But c'mon.

Go Trojans!

Troy85
09-27-2005, 08:41 AM
I couldn't agree more 8384! I will take LB's track record anytime, and I know that he is not complacent. I agree with what someone said in an earlier thread that we have become spoiled, however I will remain confident in LB and what he will do with the team this year. Just call me an eternal optimist! Anyone who can stand the years of Charlie Bradshaw and company can't be anything but :D

BillyRubin
09-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Get a life folks. What do you want him to say? "We lost three of our first four and are mad so we're just going to quit playing!" Good grief. Of course he would want to be 4-0 right now. But he's not. So he's using the most prominent thing he has to dangle in front of his team to motivate them -- a conference championship. That is, by the way, what we play for each year -- not the MNC, yet!

As for complacent... Yeah right. LB is complacent. That's how he's accomplished what he has, by being complacent.

We are all frustrated. But c'mon.

Go Trojans!

No one said he's complacent or even suggested that this is his attitude. The comment was directed at those who do have that attitude...and there are plenty of people who think that way unfortunately.

Perhaps we should use this year to be a little more aggressive than usual by playing other people that will gain valuable game experience and who knows...they may preform better than our current starters. That would not be hard to do in some cases as noted repetatively on this post.

The conference title is not all we play for each year! We play for confidence building, program recognition, bragging rights, recruiting advancement, and to win...every game...even the tough ones. Look what beating Marshall at home and on the road, beating Mizzou, and playing some of the other hard teams has done for us. The more we start getting in front of the bigger better teams...the better we will be and the better caliber players we will attract.

TUFAN
09-29-2005, 11:52 AM
It is not time to look to next year yet. We truly have an oppotuntiy to salvage a rough start by competeing for our conference champ. and a bowl game. If we go down to NT we still may have a chance, but 2 losses and its time to see if the water boy can play QB. For everybody who thinks we won't win but one or less games - I would like to know which 5 or 6 sunbelt teams will beat us- other than NT and Ark St - I don't it.

Trojan In Helena
09-29-2005, 12:51 PM
boo....hooo....hooo.....

Man...
It's a game...

Hector
09-29-2005, 02:22 PM
No one will listen to what you have to say unless you first are willing to let them know who you are.

Well, duh! The light dawns.

:roll: