PDA

View Full Version : Accountability

Big Time Football
09-25-2005, 06:06 PM
It is time the coaches take accountability for the poor preparation and play of the team. When you have one or two players that are not performing, blame the individual. When you have as many turnovers, missed tackles, bad decisions, penalties, etc. as we had last night, IT IS COACHING!!

I'm as big an LB fan as their is; however, it is time LB steps up as the CEO and makes some much needed changes. He has a responsibility to the school, to the donors, and to the team to do so. While it may be football, IT IS A BUSINESS today. Tough decisions must be made. We need a new OC, period. We need one DC, not two. We need a QB Coach, one who was a college QB, not HS. We need to realize there are current starters who ARE NOT capable of being starters for the Troy we knew. We need to realize our recruiting will be impacted with a poor season. We need to realize if we don't beat North Texas next Tuesday, our chances of winning the conference are next to none, season over, playing for the sake of playing. We need to realize we have current, good players that will likely walk as early as January if changes are not made.

It was painfully obvious to the Trojan Nation the football team WAS NOT PREPARED for this game. This kills us nationally, regionally, and locally for recruiting, which is the lifeblood of a successful program. I'm sick of the talk that we should not schedule tough games. Bull. Why not coach the players right so you can go into tough games and be competitive. Heck, if you don't beat a Nebraska, LSU, Miami, etc, how about taking them to the wire like LSU and even USC last year. That alone earns respect and recruits. The game last night was a winnable game, period. There is NO reason we did not go up 14-0 on USC. We would have been extremely motivated on both sides of the ball and USC would have had to play catch up like we did. We easily could have won that game.

I don't know if any coaches look at this board, but if you do, it is time you do your job. MF, you need to step down. You are not an OC. The secondary was atrocious. The QB was terrible. Veterans could not hang on to the ball. If Anthony Jones can hang on to the ball and get yards, run him. Other teams play their freshmen. Prepare them to play. LB you have decisions to make. The buck stops with you.

TrojanEmpire
09-25-2005, 06:30 PM
I am sure you will understand if I disagree with a few of your statements.

However, I will agree that changes on the coaching staff need to be made. Just like Tuberville, LB needs to be willing to throw some people under the bus. If not, he needs to be shown the door so we can bring in a young coach with fire in his belly and something to prove.

tsu59
09-25-2005, 06:39 PM
Troy took LSU to the wire last year because Troy had a GREAT defense - players like Ware and Malone don't come around every year - unless you are a BCS team like Miami.

Most of last years' D is gone - some of the others are out for the year with injuries.

Can another D like last year be rebuilt and at the same time build a good O and keep the coaches that built them :?:

I don't know - but that's what it will take to make me say "play the big-boys" again. :?

trojanforce
09-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Big Time Football,
WELL SAID!!!!!!!! We all have to talk like this if we want our program to be respectable. When we defend mediocrity we become mediocrity. The nation got to know who Troy was last year. We have to BUILD on that to continue to grow. Another fact that has to be mentioned is we need to PAY GOOD MONEY to keep/attract good coaching or we will forever keep the MFs around.

Trojan Force

Swordsman
09-25-2005, 09:27 PM
well said big time and trojanforce

TroyPremier
09-25-2005, 09:42 PM
I am in complete agreement with BTF and trojanforce. This is your support system calling you out LB. Step up to the plate for the future of our program.

TUTrojan
09-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Why did we waste a year of Cattouse's eligibility last year on a handful of carries in meaningless situations?

We could have developed him for an additional year- which he needs.

Who had the brilliant idea to use him?

formerlytsufan
09-27-2005, 08:27 AM
It is time the coaches take accountability for the poor preparation and play of the team. When you have one or two players that are not performing, blame the individual. When you have as many turnovers, missed tackles, bad decisions, penalties, etc. as we had last night, IT IS COACHING!!

I'm as big an LB fan as their is; however, it is time LB steps up as the CEO and makes some much needed changes. He has a responsibility to the school, to the donors, and to the team to do so. While it may be football, IT IS A BUSINESS today. Tough decisions must be made. We need a new OC, period. We need one DC, not two. We need a QB Coach, one who was a college QB, not HS. We need to realize there are current starters who ARE NOT capable of being starters for the Troy we knew. We need to realize our recruiting will be impacted with a poor season. We need to realize if we don't beat North Texas next Tuesday, our chances of winning the conference are next to none, season over, playing for the sake of playing. We need to realize we have current, good players that will likely walk as early as January if changes are not made.

It was painfully obvious to the Trojan Nation the football team WAS NOT PREPARED for this game. This kills us nationally, regionally, and locally for recruiting, which is the lifeblood of a successful program. I'm sick of the talk that we should not schedule tough games. Bull. Why not coach the players right so you can go into tough games and be competitive. Heck, if you don't beat a Nebraska, LSU, Miami, etc, how about taking them to the wire like LSU and even USC last year. That alone earns respect and recruits. The game last night was a winnable game, period. There is NO reason we did not go up 14-0 on USC. We would have been extremely motivated on both sides of the ball and USC would have had to play catch up like we did. We easily could have won that game.

I don't know if any coaches look at this board, but if you do, it is time you do your job. MF, you need to step down. You are not an OC. The secondary was atrocious. The QB was terrible. Veterans could not hang on to the ball. If Anthony Jones can hang on to the ball and get yards, run him. Other teams play their freshmen. Prepare them to play. LB you have decisions to make. The buck stops with you.

Glad to see that I am not the only one that feels this way!