PDA

View Full Version : Baylor Bowl Game

Doug4Troy
12-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Watching RG3 for the first time tonight... wow, what a player. I see why he won the heisman.

Doug4Troy
12-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Talk about bad defenses... there are 2 on the field in the Alamo Bowl.

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 12:37 AM
I guess I am the only one up this late watching football. OK, I will say this, tonight Baylor's defense really sucks, so does Washington's. Amazing that these 2 teams got bowl eligible. Great offense I guess.

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Delete post

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 12:40 AM
Delete post

skeletor
12-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Worst. Defense. Ever.

redwaver
12-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Nope, both have lousy defenses because 1. of injuries, 2. they were tired while on the field too long because of the offense, 3. they're to young, 4. they had great coaching but kids wouldn't listen. 5. to many juco kids....did I miss one? :) Man, this is two AWFUL defensive teams. How can Baylor be a top 12 team with this defense? Does anyone think a changes might be coming at Baylor or Washington? Bet they are handling it in the coaches office and won't broadcast it on the 6:00 news for us to know. Heck!!:laughing021:

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Nope, both have lousy defenses because 1. of injuries, 2. they were tired while on the field too long because of the offense, 3. they're to young, 4. they had great coaching but kids wouldn't listen. 5. to many juco kids....did I miss one? :) Man, this is two AWFUL defensive teams. How can Baylor be a top 12 team with this defense? Does anyone think a changes might be coming at Baylor or Washington? Bet they are handling it in the coaches office and won't broadcast it on the 6:00 news for us to know. Heck!!:laughing021:

Careful, if you do a little research ( http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/24214/baylor-brings-in-new-defensive-coordinator ) you will see that Baylor had similar problems on defense, replaced the coordinator with another coach that was well respected for his defensive coaching, and the result? Well, they are #12 because of the offense, but the defense looked pretty weak against the Huskies.

Also see http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2017104572_baylors_defense_prepping_for_t.html for a few statements from the DC on his defense.

redwaver
12-30-2011, 01:08 PM
Careful, if you do a little research ( http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/24214/baylor-brings-in-new-defensive-coordinator ) you will see that Baylor had similar problems on defense, replaced the coordinator with another coach that was well respected for his defensive coaching, and the result? Well, they are #12 because of the offense, but the defense looked pretty weak against the Huskies.

Also see http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskyfootballblog/2017104572_baylors_defense_prepping_for_t.html for a few statements from the DC on his defense.
There are no guarantees in football. All you ask for is best effort on the part of those assigned the responsibility. We/they should have a REASONABLE time frame to make proper improvements. Same with LB. If he makes a decision on our defense I respect him enough to live with it until it proves unworkable. That is why the status quo at Troy is getting testy right now. Our problems on defense are not new ones and are getting worse and the coach is not new either and that is a tough combination of facts to defend. Nothing wrong with trying new assignments. Maybe someone will have that knowledge and spark to turn it around. Doesn't mean anyone has to lose a job but all coaches know going in that that is always a possibility.

Hemi Man
12-30-2011, 04:02 PM
If only the Baylor and Washington coaches had checked their respected message boards for advice their defenses would have been so
much better.

:laughing021:

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Maybe we should add the golf coach to the football staff. The golf team is always very neatly dressed. Mandatory collared shirts is just what we need to turn this thing around.

Hemi Man
12-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Maybe we should add the golf coach to the football staff. The golf team is always very neatly dressed. Mandatory collared shirts is just what we need to turn this thing around.

This is not true. I saw one the other day with Bacon Neck.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3zaaoKlgG1qzc69yo1_400.png

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 05:25 PM
This is not true. I saw one the other day with Bacon Neck.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3zaaoKlgG1qzc69yo1_400.png

There you go again Hemi... distorting the truth. The golf team is not allowed to have facial hair. It's called discipline. Trojan Golf gets it.

Hemi Man
12-30-2011, 05:41 PM
There you go again Hemi... distorting the truth. The golf team is not allowed to have facial hair. It's called discipline. Trojan Golf gets it.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/216/9/a/smart_water_by_seras22-d45hlgj.jpg

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 05:57 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/216/9/a/smart_water_by_seras22-d45hlgj.jpg

Don't change the subject. A girl displaying the duckface with magicwater proves nothing. Troy NEEDS collared shirts man.

Hemi Man
12-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Don't change the subject. A girl displaying the duckface with magicwater proves nothing. Troy NEEDS collared shirts man.

Collars with headphones and earrings?

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Collars with headphones and earrings?

Collars, no headphones, no earrings. That's why we were 3-9 this year. Don't you pay attention? :rollinglaugh:

Hemi Man
12-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Collars, no headphones, no earrings. That's why we were 3-9 this year. Don't you pay attention? :rollinglaugh:

But, I thought it was dreads, tattoos, twitter, and facebook.

redwaver
12-30-2011, 06:47 PM
If only the Baylor and Washington coaches had checked their respected message boards for advice their defenses would have been so
much better.

:laughing021:
I will admit, I didn't think it was possible to see two worse defenses than ours but I saw two last night that could give us a run for our money. Maybe the three of them could get together to share ideas. On second thought, from what I saw they just might gain something from reading their forum boards. One thing about it, if their forum is like ours, you are not allowed to say anything one might presumed negative about the defense play last night or you are a "HATER"!:laughing021:

redwaver
12-30-2011, 07:00 PM
But, I thought it was dreads, tattoos, twitter, and facebook.
You can't sell ice to an Eskimo either!:laughing021:

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 07:37 PM
You can't sell ice to an Eskimo either!:laughing021:

Sure you can... just needs a lil flava.

Hemi Man
12-30-2011, 07:45 PM
I will admit, I didn't think it was possible to see two worse defenses than ours but I saw two last night that could give us a run for our money. Maybe the three of them could get together to share ideas. On second thought, from what I saw they just might gain something from reading their forum boards. One thing about it, if their forum is like ours, you are not allowed to say anything one might presumed negative about the defense play last night or you are a "HATER"!:laughing021:

You are allwoed to scream, cry, whine, and complain all you want. No one here will stop you. The problem comes when some of you get mad when you are called out for posting the same thing over and over.

redwaver
12-30-2011, 07:59 PM
You are allwoed to scream, cry, whine, and complain all you want. No one here will stop you. The problem comes when some of you get mad when you are called out for posting the same thing over and over.
You sound like a kid I once lived next door to who said "if you are going to come to my house to play, I will tell you what you can a can't do"!

Hemi Man
12-30-2011, 08:06 PM
You sound like a kid I once lived next door to who said "if you are going to come to my house to play, I will tell you what you can a can't do"!

I'm sorry you were unable to comprehend my post above. I will try to be clearer next time.

redwaver
12-30-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry you were unable to comprehend my post above. I will try to be clearer next time.
Well lets see, I read in that post that you labeled posters who you disagree with as screamers , criers, whiners, and complainers and that some get angry when you go into your phone booth, change and come flying out to save us all by "calling us out". Did I miss something?

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Well lets see, I read in that post that you labeled posters who you disagree with as screamers , criers, whiners, and complainers and that some get angry when you go into your phone booth, change and come flying out to save us all by "calling us out". Did I miss something?

What do call posters that disagree with you?

Hemi Man
12-30-2011, 08:35 PM

I see it as being no different than people calling be loser, JR's brother, JR's uncle, JR's PR man, and Hemi Wizard. Some laugh off the name calling and some get mad. Where you fall is up to you.

redwaver
12-30-2011, 08:36 PM
what do call posters that disagree with you?
FRIENDS!:thumb:

redwaver
12-30-2011, 08:39 PM
I see it as being no different than people calling be loser, JR's brother, JR's uncle, JR's PR man, and Hemi Wizard. Some laugh off the name calling and some get mad. Where you fall is up to you.
As I have said before, I find both absurd!

Doug4Troy
12-30-2011, 10:02 PM
FRIENDS!:thumb:

Great! You are my friend. But do not expect me to act like chicken little when we lose. Ask my wife, I hate it when Troy loses. When they lose 9, I hate it X9. But I will not scream for anyone to lose their jobs when I may not know for sure what the problem mught be. I used to do that, but I have chilled quite a bit over the years. After all, I am a Troy fan for life, I better get used to the struggles that come with being a fan of a mid major school.

redwaver
12-31-2011, 12:55 AM
Great! You are my friend. But do not expect me to act like chicken little when we lose. Ask my wife, I hate it when Troy loses. When they lose 9, I hate it X9. But I will not scream for anyone to lose their jobs when I may not know for sure what the problem mught be. I used to do that, but I have chilled quite a bit over the years. After all, I am a Troy fan for life, I better get used to the struggles that come with being a fan of a mid major school.
Now I can't argue with that. Folks that know me will tell you I get just as fired up as you apparently do. Never been a sit quietly type of guy. I do have opinions but I don't have a problem with you having a different one as long as you object to mine with consideration. I won't sit quietly when I have been "called out" by someone who does not have a clue about what I mean in my post. I have never called for anyone's job. I simply said "changes" need to be made and some think that means fire someone. In my case changing DC's might be what is needed, I don't know. Not my job! Changing defensive strategies or maybe player personal is what is needed. Who knows? Something must be done to get us off the bottom of the Belt defensively. Being near the bottom year after year is not acceptable to me and shouldn't be to any other fan. LB will/should handle those issues. That is HIS job. It is not impossible for people outside the hallowed halls of the athletic department to have a reasonable observation of what they see and what it implies during a game. When you see players "dancing" to the sound of the south when your team is in a huddle 10 yards away during a critical time in the game that would tell a reasonable observer that something is wrong with discipline but I am sure the answer will be "it was handled in the coaches office". Then why had it happen before with another player the preceding week? To most observers, one would think we just might have a serious discipline problem. That is just one simple example of a problem and there were others. Watching LB/HB's play 10-15 yards off the WR at the line of scrimmage game after game. They have no chance to cover short. Safety's throwing their arms up when they completely lose a receiver deep. They look/act lost, so who is responsible? If it is the players, change them or coach them. If it is the system, fix it. These are things even casual fans can see and wonder about. You don't have to be a genius. You hear it in the stands every game for whatever that is worth. I agree with Hemi's post that this year our problems also included the offensive side of the ball and special teams. It makes LB job doubly difficult in the off season and I trust him to make the best decisions for the team. On this forum, it is only fans opinions and not worth any more than that. If someone loses their job, no one on this forum will cause it. If no one loses their job no one on this forum will cause that either. We just voice our thoughts and opinions and hopefully with class and consideration and all that IS JUST MY OPINION, NO MORE, NO LESS. The powers that be have more important things to worry about than what is said here.

goe1975
12-31-2011, 04:44 AM
This message board is getting pathetic. Why do so many recent posts seem to devolve into a handful of people "calling each other out"? It is really getting old reading posts on here that you think are gonna be interesting but then they get hijacked by the same crew picking at each other like 12 year old girls. Why don't you guys meet up somewhere, slug it out and post the video on here. At least then there would be something on here worth looking at.

Lego
12-31-2011, 09:37 AM
The powers that be have more important things to worry about than what is said here.

You would be surprised how chatter from boards, facebook, twitter, e-mail, etc. rotate back into the halls of the powers to be.

Lego
12-31-2011, 09:38 AM
This message board is getting pathetic. Why do so many recent posts seem to devolve into a handful of people "calling each other out"? It is really getting old reading posts on here that you think are gonna be interesting but then they get hijacked by the same crew picking at each other like 12 year old girls. Why don't you guys meet up somewhere, slug it out and post the video on here. At least then there would be something on here worth looking at.

knives & axes included ?

Hemi Man
12-31-2011, 11:05 AM
You would be surprised how chatter from boards, facebook, twitter, e-mail, etc. rotate back into the halls of the powers to be.

No doubt that some very good things have come from this board. Also some very bad things. Sending an email for a coach to be fired and signing it GoTroyTrojans.com did kind of hurt the credibility of the board once upon a time.

TrojanEmpire
01-01-2012, 10:34 AM

Rep points to you sir!

Burn the Horse
01-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Sending an email for a coach to be fired and signing it GoTroyTrojans.com did kind of hurt the credibility of the board once upon a time.

I missed that one. When did this occure and who did it?

Hemi Man
01-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I missed that one. When did this occure and who did it?

It wasn't this year. It was a few years back. No need to name the person now.