PDA

View Full Version : Idea for new arena

vaman79
12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Why not relocate the olympic torch that was placed downtown Troy at the City Complex to a new home atop a tower that leads down to the new arena and light it on game days. The torch was lighted for a short while after the Olympics in Atlanta, but is no longer being used. What better way to represent Troy in such a historic and very visual way as to have that specific torch burning on game days. Just a thought.

Mike Cunningham
12-28-2011, 04:43 PM
I like this idea.

Burn the Horse
12-28-2011, 05:20 PM
outstanding. :thumb:

CHughes1102
12-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Whoa....freaking great idea!!!

redwaver
12-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Default Idea for new arena
Why not relocate the olympic torch that was placed downtown Troy at the City Complex to a new home atop a tower that leads down to the new arena and light it on game days. The torch was lighted for a short while after the Olympics in Atlanta, but is no longer being used. What better way to represent Troy in such a historic and very visual way as to have that specific torch burning on game days. Just a thought.

Troy has such a great mascot and "historical heritage" at least the name does, why don't we take more advantage of it than we do? Great idea here! Trojan warrior on a white steed! The SOTS does a great job at the beginning of the game but man Troy could be right there with FSU with pre game hype if they just had folks who would just "git 'er done"!:laughing021:

dgoebel
12-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Default Idea for new arena

Troy has such a great mascot and "historical heritage" at least the name does, why don't we take more advantage of it than we do? Great idea here! Trojan warrior on a white steed! The SOTS does a great job at the beginning of the game but man Troy could be right there with FSU with pre game hype if they just had folks who would just "git 'er done"!:laughing021:

Could not agree more. Hearing the SOTS play the " Victory March", " Fanfare", and " Fight Song" still send chills up my spine. Man I love it :thumb:

Lego
12-29-2011, 01:39 PM
good idea. I'd settle for just a few wins through

redwaver
12-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Heck, it is the "wishing season" so go for the gold!:laughing021:

troy4ever21
12-29-2011, 04:50 PM
If it's a good idea or interesting idea TROY won't do it... If they decided to do it I'm sure they'd just screw it up.

redwaver
12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
You know, one would think that somewhere at Troy, someones job description might include coming up with wonderful merchandising ideas. They sure could get some good ones on this forum. JMHO!

Possum
12-30-2011, 02:09 AM
If it's a good idea or interesting idea TROY won't do it... If they decided to do it I'm sure they'd just screw it up.

True. :paperbag:

dgoebel
12-30-2011, 09:39 AM
You know, one would think that somewhere at Troy, someones job description might include coming up with wonderful merchandising ideas. They sure could get some good ones on this forum. JMHO!

The 3 things I wish they had for merchandise:

1) A Troy Sports wall calender for my office
2) A stuffed T-Roy Doll to put on my desk
3) A full size replica football helmet

Maybe if they listened to this board they would increase merchandise sales which = more revenue

Possum
12-31-2011, 03:51 AM
I wish they would have a tie with the sports logo on it... I also wish they had something that played the fight song, like a stuffed T-Roy that when you mash the tummy it would play it.

vaman79
01-08-2012, 02:12 PM
After having talked to someone in the know, I have found out that the olympic torch located at City Hall Complex in Troy was actually constructed by local Brundidge Artist Larry Godwin. If moving that one is not workable then maybe eventually we could get him to build one for our stadium after a fund raiser. Larry Godwin is a metal works artist who had done works of arts such as the Wright Brothers Flight and others too numerous to list.

Hemi Man
01-08-2012, 02:49 PM
The 3 things I wish they had for merchandise:

1) A Troy Sports wall calender for my office
2) A stuffed T-Roy Doll to put on my desk
3) A full size replica football helmet

Maybe if they listened to this board they would increase merchandise sales which = more revenue

I believe they have had a calendar in the past. I want to say I saw them in the ticket office.

Burn the Horse
01-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I wish they would have a tie with the sports logo on it... I also wish they had something that played the fight song, like a stuffed T-Roy that when you mash the tummy it would play it.

they sell a great looking tie at the bookstore, I own one. it's cardinal and has tiny little "T"s checkering across it.

I've also seen a little T-roy stuff doll up there.