PDA

View Full Version : Terrible loss tonight

CHughes1102
12-22-2011, 09:55 PM
All we do is shoot 3's. We made about 15 or 16 3's but couldn't do anything else. Terrible. We were even bad at the FT line.

Da Scout
12-22-2011, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't say terrible. That's what troy does. The biggest play was the 3 that wright took when down by one. I thought they could have gotten a better shot, going to the rim because they were in the bonus. When conference starts troy needs Rj and daronte to get their confidence back. Utsa is not a bad team.

Hemi Man
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't say terrible. That's what troy does. The biggest play was the 3 that wright took when down by one. I thought they could have gotten a better shot, going to the rim because they were in the bonus. When conference starts troy needs Rj and daronte to get their confidence back. Utsa is not a bad team.

I agree. Not a bad loss at all. UTSA is a very aggressive defensive team. I'm not sure how much we would have been able to do inside considering their size advantage on us.

TexasTrojan
12-23-2011, 10:28 AM

UTSA always has a fairly decent basketball team ... few trips to March Madness

redwaver
12-23-2011, 12:05 PM
All we do is shoot 3's. We made about 15 or 16 3's but couldn't do anything else. Terrible. We were even bad at the FT line.
Isn't that what we always do? 3's and lousy FT shooting.

Enjoy Troy
12-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Last year at least VT would drive the ball and get to the line sometime. This year we have more talent but who is going to get to the rim and finish. Our guys seem to take quick shots, no ball fake or attempt to get inside the 3 point line. Our guys are not making the extra pass lots of times, in other words going to the next option. I don't want to say it's selfish, it's just to quick at times. This team needs to trust each other more and play better defense, we had a number of break downs at the end of the game. The real season is about to begin and the Trojans have a chance to do well, but it won't be easy.