PDA

View Full Version : Juco LB commits...

trojanbrutha
12-20-2011, 08:12 PM
dothaneagletroy Drew Champlin
Miss. Delta Community College linebacker Wayland Coleman-Dancer said he committed to Troy, will sign tomorrow

trojanbrutha
12-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Freshman year highlights...looking for more...

_Er6uONXiG4

trojanbrutha
12-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Mississippi Delta linebacker commits to Troy (http://www2.dothaneagle.com/sports/2011/dec/21/mississippi-delta-linebacker-commits-troy-ar-2910703/)

By: Drew Champlin | Dothan Eagle
Published: December 21, 2011

Troy got a midyear signature from Mississippi Delta Community College linebacker/safety Wayland Coleman-Dancer, who is working towards joining the Trojans in January.

Coleman-Dancer played his high school ball in Cleveland, Miss.

"My family and I went to visit and we had a good vibe about it," Coleman-Dancer said. "Everything just clicked. Good atmosphere and great coaches."

trojanbrutha
01-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Juco 'backer chooses Troy (http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=4351)

ILB Mark Wilson (http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/evaluation/_/id/144433/mark-wilson) (Tallahassee, Fla./Fullerton College) will play his college football at Troy, multiple sources report.

Wilson also had an offer from Arkansas and it was reported that he was briefly committed to the Razorbacks in October.

The 6-2, 225-pounder was rated a three-star coming out of high school and originally signed with Illinois as part of the Class of 2010.

Hemi Man
01-02-2012, 09:12 PM
He was originally at Troy and went to juco this past fall.

trojanbrutha
01-02-2012, 09:20 PM
He was originally at Troy and went to juco this past fall.

Yeah, I remember him, but am not familiar with how he ended up here...here's his hs profile from rivals...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/troy/football/recruiting/player-Mark-Wilson-98129;_ylt=AlMR3PaU9EesY7XSWHI1k7wxuJB4

Doesn't really matter since he wanted to come back :eatdrink004:

tenaciousT
01-02-2012, 09:31 PM
The 6-2, 225-pounder was rated a three-star coming out of high school and originally signed with Illinois as part of the Class of 2010.

I wonder what his size is now. Those are the same height/weight he was listed as a HS senior.

Does he have 2 or 3 years?

I am glad that we have got a couple LB's in this class, these to JUCO guys look pretty legit. Hopefully both Wilson and Coleman-Dancer can come in and make a big impact on this defense!

I am happy to see that the coaches have made it obvious that they were not to happy with our defensive personel and that they are doing something about it.

trojanbrutha
01-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I wonder what his size is now. Those are the same height/weight he was listed as a HS senior.

Does he have 2 or 3 years?

I am glad that we have got a couple LB's in this class, these to JUCO guys look pretty legit. Hopefully both Wilson and Coleman-Dancer can come in and make a big impact on this defense!

I am happy to see that the coaches have made it obvious that they were not to happy with our defensive personel and that they are doing something about it.

According to 247Sports, he's 6'2" 250lbs...
http://247sports.com/Player/Mark-Wilson-2847

Here's a little sample from last season...:bounce012:

fu2wvfH67gQ

dgoebel
01-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I like the size and speed on these LB's. We were undersized and slow there this season. Some physical Lb's who can run will help with the run and those bubble screens we got killed on.

Pee Wee 26
01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I like the size and speed on these LB's. We were undersized and slow there this season. Some physical Lb's who can run will help with the run and those bubble screens we got killed on.

Agree... hope we can also get a couple of larger interior D-Line man that can protect them and/or open up the DEs. We were gashed up the middle early and often. Seemed like the interior guys were under-sized, and it was a chain-reaction for the front seven.

Hemi Man
01-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Agree... hope we can also get a couple of larger interior D-Line man that can protect them and/or open up the DEs. We were gashed up the middle early and often. Seemed like the interior guys were under-sized, and it was a chain-reaction for the front seven.

If we can get some beef in the middle and allow Tony Davis to move to end, where he was very effective at in the last few games, we should see a better performance from the dline. I firmly believe the cycle of problems with the dline started with Kinlaw leaving early and we have yet to recover. I have high hopes for some of the young guys on the interior stepping up next year.

Pee Wee 26
01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
If we can get some beef in the middle and allow Tony Davis to move to end, where he was very effective at in the last few games, we should see a better performance from the dline. I firmly believe the cycle of problems with the dline started with Kinlaw leaving early and we have yet to recover. I have high hopes for some of the young guys on the interior stepping up next year.

This could be true... I think solidfying the middle is critical. Also, like adding size/speed at the LB position. Think dgoebel called it correctly there. I like that they seem to also be recruiting some DBs. Every facet of defense could stand some tweaking... of course at 3-9, every facet of every phase needs it.

Seems like CLB & coaches are moving in right direction with current focus recruiting & attitude. The winter, spring & summer (I hope) will be continued focus on attitude, discpline, fundamentals, & schemes. If we can do that, it should lay a strong foundation.