PDA

View Full Version : Alumni Chapters

Doug4Troy
12-19-2011, 10:10 PM
How many of you are active in your local alumni chapters? I ask this question, and I realize I need to look at myself as well. I am the president and founding member of a county chapter who has done some, but maybe not enough to promote Troy. I try, but I get discouraged at times with the lack of interest. We need to be ambassadors of Troy.

Consider becoming more involved in your local chapter, or if you do not have one, link up with a few other alumni in your area and try to start one. Let's get the word out and get folks involved!

Grass root efforts are the only way to grow the Trojan Nation!

dgoebel
12-20-2011, 01:30 PM
I live in Ocala so we don't have an Alumni Chapter. There is one down around Tampa somewhere I think. I actually belong to the T-Club Chapter. I looked into starting one here in Ocala but you have to have 25 members to get chartered. The farther you get out of Alabama or the panhandle it is tough. I did get an alumni here in Ocala to sign up for the National Alumni Association and I am working on getting him to be a Trojan Warrior also. I wish I was closer to Troy to be more active in everything Troy, but we can only do what we can do. Go Troy!!!

Doug4Troy
12-20-2011, 04:45 PM
I live in Ocala so we don't have an Alumni Chapter. There is one down around Tampa somewhere I think. I actually belong to the T-Club Chapter. I looked into starting one here in Ocala but you have to have 25 members to get chartered. The farther you get out of Alabama or the panhandle it is tough. I did get an alumni here in Ocala to sign up for the National Alumni Association and I am working on getting him to be a Trojan Warrior also. I wish I was closer to Troy to be more active in everything Troy, but we can only do what we can do. Go Troy!!!

I know what you are saying. Maybe you could have an unofficial chapter. Just a group that gets together now and then (especially during football season) and talks Troy. Exchange email addresses and at least one of you ensure you get current info from Troy and pass it along. Talk up Troy to whoever will listen.

Good luck!

dgoebel
12-20-2011, 05:28 PM
That is an excellent idea. I have a fellow alumni in my Rotary Club from the class of 1965. He is coming up for the Navy game next year. Got him to rejoin the national association. It has been interesting talking to him about how Troy has changed since the 60's.

Doug4Troy
12-21-2011, 02:37 AM
That is an excellent idea. I have a fellow alumni in my Rotary Club from the class of 1965. He is coming up for the Navy game next year. Got him to rejoin the national association. It has been interesting talking to him about how Troy has changed since the 60's.

Great! Talk with Troy alumni, encourage them to join the National Association, have lunches or dinners to talk Troy, and grow the Trojan Nation. Local chapter is good, but not a necessity. Again, good luck!!!