PDA

View Full Version : Troy WR #21 Interviewed

Troy09
12-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Troy Faithful,

Austin Silvoy will be interviewed tonight live via phone at 8:00 pm and will be on ESPN news at 9:30 for his time with Tim Tebow. Thought many would be interested. If you are not aware his is at University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) as a GA/Inside Receivers coach.

Lego
12-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Troy Faithful,

Austin Silvoy will be interviewed tonight live via phone at 8:00 pm and will be on ESPN news at 9:30 for his time with Tim Tebow. Thought many would be interested. If you are not aware his is at University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) as a GA/Inside Receivers coach.

Hard Worker. Good to see Trojan success.

dgoebel
12-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Hard Worker. Good to see Trojan success.

Wish we had more with his character. Wish him the best. A true example of what a Trojan player is supposed to be.

Hemi Man
12-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the tip. I will be sure and tune in. Fun guy to watch play. The one play that stands out to me was the block on the UAB in 09!!!

TFan
12-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Wish we had more with his character. Wish him the best. A true example of what a Trojan player is supposed to be.

Yep, he was a character alright....if you only knew!

Troy87
12-15-2011, 04:55 PM

I'm afraid your perception of this young man is not reality. His examples off the field are no where near what I would want my child to follow.

On the field, he was a decent player, but I would like to see Tebow interviewed about him. It probably wouldn't be very glowing.

dgoebel
12-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Then I stand corrected. I always thought he was one of the character players. I had not heard any negatives about him. I did not know. Sorry to hear that about him, sure blew my perception of him.

ImSoILL
01-26-2012, 08:02 AM
This is Austin Silvoy and Im disgusted to think that someone who hides their name behind a message board like this would have the audacity to come out and defame my character. Especially someone who doesn't know me from Adam.

dgoebel, I gave everything i had to this program and did it with character, strength, and honor. I am proud to be a Trojan and I am proud of who I am as a person. Dont let people who have no idea who i am to sway your opinion.

And thank you to the TRUE Trojan Family who knows me and has supported me throughout my years at Troy!

TrojanWarrior418
01-26-2012, 08:29 AM
This is Austin Silvoy and Im disgusted to think that someone who hides their name behind a message board like this would have the audacity to come out and defame my character. Especially someone who doesn't know me from Adam.

dgoebel, I gave everything i had to this program and did it with character, strength, and honor. I am proud to be a Trojan and I am proud of who I am as a person. Dont let people who have no idea who i am to sway your opinion.

And thank you to the TRUE Trojan Family who knows me and has supported me throughout my years at Troy!

Actually it was Troy87 speaking ill of you. dgoebel was prasing you (he is a former Trojan player as well). Anyways . Great to hear from you and best of luck in your career.

ImSoILL
01-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Thank you! and yes I just reiterating to dgoebel what kind of person i am on and off the field, great hearing from you as well. Go Trojans

Lego
01-26-2012, 09:04 AM
ImSoILL now has 21 posts on this board, coincidence ? Hmmm..

If you are ole #21, keep working hard and go out and represent Troy well.

Troy87
01-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Thank you! and yes I just reiterating to dgoebel what kind of person i am on and off the field, great hearing from you as well. Go Trojans

ImSoILL,

I will publicly apologize here to you for making the statement I made, because I made the mistake of not having direct first hand knowledge of your away-from-the-field exploits, while you were a member of the Troy team.

On the field, you were a key player and were instrumental in many of the successes the team realized on the field.

But on-the-field successes are not the entire package. My knowledge beyond the field is where my reservations stand, and if that is in error, I sincerely apologize for that, but I am confident that is not the case.

I feel pretty sure I understand your motivation for your concern about this subject, and if you like, I will close this thread and remove it.

Troy87
Keith Sims

ImSoILL
01-26-2012, 11:34 AM
well id love to discuss some things maybe to give you a clearer understanding of who i am off the field, i sent you an inbox

Troy79
01-26-2012, 01:28 PM
well id love to discuss some things maybe to give you a clearer understanding of who i am off the field, i sent you an inbox

Guys, I know Austin personally. I met him in the Graceville, Florida area during his redshirt freshman season (2006) and followed him throughout his career. Every time I would see him, whether at Trojan Walk, at Pep Rallies or at road games, he'd come up to me and give me a hug and thank me for supporting him and the team. I had the chance to meet his mom at the Ohio State game as well. I can tell you all that Austin is the kind of young man that I would be proud to call my son (or son-in-law). Both my daughters knew him during their days at Troy and I can vouch for his 'character'. I agree 100% with Austin that folks aught not to say stuff about others without knowing anything about the person in question. I know that it's the world we live in when people can hide behind their keyboards and don't have the balls to man up say things face to face. This kind of stuff really pisses me off. If only you guys knew the young man that I know, you would all understand that he is someone we can all be proud to call a Troy Trojan. Austin, don't let this kind of BS get the best of you. You are a wonderful ambassador for my Alma mater and I hope we get to cross paths again in the near future. Keep in touch my friend, wish you still had some eligibility left as we could use your LEADERSHIP and CHARACTER both on and off the field!
Go TROY!

trojanbrutha
01-26-2012, 01:40 PM
They have taken their conversation to PM...so we can find something else to talk about...

Troy79
01-26-2012, 01:55 PM
They have taken their conversation to PM...so we can find something else to talk about...

I understand that brutha and am glad they are dealing with this one-on-one. However, my point is not just about Austin, it's a reminder to all my fellow Trojans that we need to remember that what we write is sometimes taken as 'gospel' by others who read our messages. It's simply the principle of the matter. I will be glad to move on to other topics but felt that I had to speak up since I know the young man. I actually have family in Jacksonville who introduced Austin to me and they have known him since his high school days. They think the world of Austin so I just wanted to help set the record straight. I hope we all 'think' first before we 'write' on this message board, you never know how some things might come back to you.

Good luck Austin, maybe you'll have the opportunity to return to Troy as a coach one day.

Go TROY!

CHughes1102
01-26-2012, 02:04 PM

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/approval/grand/little_kid_approve_gif.gif